Previous   Next

What are you looking forward to about fall?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 23, 2011

Browse the archives

“I always look forward to jumping in leaf piles.”

“It’s nice because it cools down.”

“I spend more time outside playing sports.”

“Being reunited with my lost boy love. In other words, nostalgia for my childhood.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 2 months ago

I read Darin's first sentence and did a double take. Then I read the next sentence and it cleared everything up. I have a sick mind.

monkey_c 3 years, 2 months ago

Well, I re-read it three times and it still sounds creepy.

somedude20 3 years, 2 months ago

what about the fall harvest of herbs..fresh crop

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 2 months ago

Wood smoke, leaves turning, weather cool enough to require a sweater without being painfully cold, pumpkin anything (bread, pie, rolls, etc.), marigolds, hot tea, Irish coffee, chili, steak soup with home made cornbread, Halloween and little kids in costumes, turkey jokes, baking oatmeal cookies, starting the new afghan I crochet every year. Shall I continue?

John Spencer 3 years, 2 months ago

Anyone else find it a little disturbing, that there are three boys and an old dude and the old dude is pining for his "boy love"?

Bill Lee 3 years, 2 months ago

The Kansas Music Hall of Fame votes on who to induct next March.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Not wishing my life away but winter is my Hell. Cold is a beyatch I get no pleasure from . . . . . Stones . . maybe that's what keeps waking me up. Another form of Hell . . . . . . You young whippersnappers taking notes here?

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

It takes the Milky Way 220 million years to rotate 360 degrees. Since the formation of Earth it has only made the trip 20 times. I'm on my third . . . I think . .

Stephanie Harris 3 years, 2 months ago

jayhawkologist 3 years, 2 months ago

Have seen Darin all around town from time to time...pretty sure he isn't a hair stylist...

rockchalker52 3 years, 2 months ago

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

" Centeral sixth grader, Lawrence" Where is Centeral?

somedude20 3 years, 2 months ago

I can get you an old recipe from Philly

rockchalker52 3 years, 2 months ago

Autumn is good for transitioning into winter activities like fine art lessons.

Autumn's just another word for nuthin left but Fall...

Cant_have_it_both_ways 3 years, 2 months ago

Panhandlers don't stink nearly as bad when the weather is cooler.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 2 months ago

Fall baking and Pumpkin Pie Spiced Coffee Creamer... yum!!

scopi_guy 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm sure the hairdresser school isn't downtown anymore, but I remember going to it when I was in school for haircuts, and later, every known chemical process that could be done to your hair. They'd do anything for $5. Walked up a long wooden staircase from the street and there it was---a big open 'salon' with rows of bonnet style hairdryers and perm solution, hairspray & bleach wofting through the air. The last time I went there, they really messed up and I ended up with completely white hair. I had to wait a week before I could buy a box of dye and put it back to brown. The second to last time I went there, they cut my hair way too short. I think I said something like "if I wanted to look like a QTip, I would have said so". One of the teachers had to take over, but by then, it was too late.

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

Speaking of moderating, my security software keep blocking access to the JW articles under sunflower horizons. I always get something like this---

"http://sunflowerhorizons.com/groups/r... This Web site has exhibited suspicious behavior or is similar to Web sites that are known sources of malware, viruses and spam. Visiting this site may put you at risk or compromise your identity or privacy."

Thus, I cannot read those article unless I bypass it. May Alex should check into that.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Duck and cover? Hell, Ima gonna stand out there with my baseball mitt. You got any idea what satellite scrap goes for in the souvenir market?

LadyJ - could be the cookies . . . just sayin . .

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

But I like cookies, especially peanut butter ones. Although warm chocolate chip ones come in a close second.

Irenaku 3 years, 2 months ago

jayhawkologist: agreed...I don't think that guy is a "student hairdresser"...

bevy 3 years, 2 months ago

Looking forward to: Cooler weather, no or low humidity, the death of skeeters. Not looking forward to: The Annual Invasion of the Wolf Spiders (I know they are harmless and eat lots of the aforementioned skeeters, but do they have to live in my bathroom?

Going to finally be able to cook out this weekend without having to hose down with repellent.

Kontum1972 3 years, 2 months ago

get back up after Fall....then go see the doctor