Previous   Next

What service do you use when you want to rent a movie?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 20, 2011

Browse the archives

“It’s been a year-and-a-half since I’ve rented a movie. Coincidentally I’m celebrating my year-and-a-half anniversary.”

“On demand.”

“Netflix streaming.”

“I use a Spanish website. You don’t even have to pay for it.”

Comments

Kaw Pickinton 3 years, 3 months ago

"“I use a Spanish website. You don’t even have to pay for it.” — Gracie Pack, intern, Dallas, Texas"

Somebody arrest this intern from Dallas!

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Usually wait for movies to be on HBO or other satellite channels. Recently ordered "The Road" through Amazon. For $9 it was less than going to the theater and can watch it as many times as I want.

Who is Stacy?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

I send the lemurs out with a couple of dollars and don't ask too many questions about where they actually get the DVDs.

chootspa 3 years, 3 months ago

We'd already dropped the discs on the plan. It's faster to just get those in person, and they never have the new releases.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 3 months ago

If you want to rent a disc, go Redbox. But honestly, if you want to stream, go Amazon. You can rent it direct to your TV and it's good for thirty days.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 3 months ago

Oh and if you buy a blu-ray disc from Amazon for your own collection they will stream it to your TV for free (same thirty days as if you rented it) so you don't have to wait for the disc to show up to watch it.

rockchalker52 3 years, 3 months ago

Netflix streams 'The Rockford Files' directly to my TV. I'm only halfway through the 120+ episodes. I love Jim & Rocky & Dennis & Beth (cutest lawyer ever) & Angel & a multitude of guest stars that I get to check out on IMDB to see what they're doing. Btw, did you know that Avery Schreiber is dead? He was a funny man, played a hot headed Armenian on one of the episodes.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

I was gonna say another $1.5 trillion oughta fix it but you guys are all weird so forget it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Hollis we really need you back. BABBOY is getting cranky again. He misses the love . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Last time I rented it was BetaMax. By the way, that was also my favorite dinosaur. During my favorite decade for music. I would watch movies while eating breakfast and drinking my favorite hot beverage. While feeding table scraps to my first pet. On artificial turf.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Somebody musta switched BABBOY's talcum powder for Sevin dust again . . .

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 3 months ago

I've used Redbox but I've also rented through Amazon. Can stream it to my TV from them. I wouldn't touch Netflix with a ten foot cattle prod. Let 'em tank!

beatrice 3 years, 3 months ago

Good god, use the flash on your camera already!

(Regarding these OTS photos, I'm getting to be like snap when it comes to merrill's comments. ugh)

3 years, 3 months ago

I use Amazon streaming through my Tivo. Works great for the 2-3 times a year I do rent.

labmonkey 3 years, 3 months ago

There have been no good movies come out in years. If we like something, we usually buy it.

pure_republication 3 years, 3 months ago

When home we go to Brits downtown! Excellent choice in British movies. Or the public library.

Blessed4x 3 years, 3 months ago

Netflix streaming, Hulu Premium primarily. Now if that stupid At&t ISP would offer a higher internet usage amount maybe I could actually enjoy them more.