Previous   Next

How early do you begin your holiday shopping?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 19, 2011

Browse the archives

“Six weeks before.”

“Two months.”

“I start on Black Friday.”

Comments

classclown 2 years, 6 months ago

Next year I'm holding off until Dec 22nd. Then I'll probably have to go into mad dash mode.

whats_going_on 2 years, 7 months ago

I just bought my first present for someone the other day, in fact.

Odeo 2 years, 7 months ago

LJW...Ok, What is up with pics...#1 and #2, of the Parrish sisters? Is this like one of those "video bar games to find what is different?" - weak.....

Richard Heckler 2 years, 7 months ago

When?

Whenever we something that would work. Who cares what month or day.

Deja Coffin 2 years, 7 months ago

That was my daughter's favorite song when she was 3. She would always say, "mommy play my boy song."

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Cause' I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner, playin' my music in the sun. I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a mid-night toker I sure don't want to hurt no one.

Well I'm really not a toker, I didn't inhale . . . . ;-)

(But I did toke a tire outa Kaw Motors late one night in '63. Emergency Midnight Requisition) Damn near didn't outrun them mean a$$ junkyard dogs.

Sorry Sonny, you were always good to me . . .

autie 2 years, 7 months ago

...some people call me the space cowboy...some call me the gangster of love...some people call me Maurice...cause I speak of the properties of love...come on...join if you know the words. Uh...if you know the words....uh..if you wrote the words...up..nope..never mind.

bevy 2 years, 7 months ago

I have a few comments on this.
1. I never shop before at least late November, unless I find a really good bargain. 2. I think there should be a LAW that states that you can't put up Christmas stuff before, say - Thanksgiving. Except for fabric/craft stores - you gotta start those projects a few months ahead. 3. I may have to start earlier this year now since times are tight and Layaway is coming back to Wal-Hell. Or I might just go to Kmart, where they always have layaway. Spread out the pain a little.

Paul R Getto 2 years, 7 months ago

For which holiday? I'm already late for "Talk like a pirate day." Aarrrghhh!!!

g_rock 2 years, 7 months ago

This is assuming that I finished Xmas 2010 shopping?

meggers 2 years, 7 months ago

In other news, the Lawrence Journal World uncovers evidence of human cloning.

prospector 2 years, 7 months ago

Is Reeces Apple Farm still operating NE of Topeka?

Lacy Mohler 2 years, 7 months ago

Never. Our family agreed last year to skip the gifts and just get together and fine dine. At this point there are no children--youngest is a well-employed (finally) age twenty-four. Add some grandchildren to the mix and we won't let them go w/o Christmas gifts.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 7 months ago

I absolutely love peaches, I like shaking trees and watching them...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 7 months ago

I heard Wildhorse got new insurance to allow people to pick again...

I like all kinds of apples...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 7 months ago

Deja, Wildhorse had a bad year? What about Davenport Winery?

I like apples...

Deja Coffin 2 years, 7 months ago

I usually don't start until October and then just buy a little here and there until Christmas. This year I've been thinking about holiday gifts earlier then usual because my husband and I learned how to water bath can food this summer and are going to give jellies and apple butter to all the relatives. We plan on heading to the apple orchard on Wednesday to pick some apples for the caramel apple butter.

Speaking of orchards, does anyone know of an orchard that is close and willing to let you pick-your-own apples? Because of the summer weather the closest one I could find on the computer was Pome on the Range in Williamsburg KS. We live in Jefferson County so that is quite the drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kontum1972 2 years, 7 months ago

waiting for the christmas stimulus check in the mail....

autie 2 years, 7 months ago

â™ free spacehogâ™

BABBOY 2 years, 7 months ago

Not something I will worry about in September.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Come on guys! If the only thing you had on your wish list was a $16,000 .600 Nitro Express Zeliska revolver that each round cost $40, do you really think the birthday or Christmas elf would get it right? HELL NO!! For something like that you gotta scrimp and save, keep the wife in the old beater Vega, hide the kids college fund. Then when you finally get it home you fire one round through it, it breaks your wrist and the barrel flip knocks you unconscious and you end up selling it to pay the emergency room bill. But it's all worth it, right guys? Yeah, you know what I'm talkinabout!!

CWGOKU 2 years, 7 months ago

Started already. I bought myself something Saturday. I'll forget about it and be surprised on Christmas.

prospector 2 years, 7 months ago

Screw Madison Avenue. Bastards ruin it for everybody.

autie 2 years, 7 months ago

I begin my holiday shopping with wondering why all the Oktoberfest celebrations are in September. Couldn't wait I guess. I had a big huge plate of bratwurst and kraut Saturday night. I would like to boycott the strickly pagan holidays like Christmas. Flag day isn't until June.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 7 months ago

It is never too early to start shopping for Flag Day.

Norma Jeane Baker 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm done. I did all my Christmas shopping this summer.

autie 2 years, 7 months ago

I was going to give an answer but you guys are weird so forget it.

schula 2 years, 7 months ago

I ususally start in July! I like to be almost all done by Thanksgiving.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 7 months ago

Except for Christmas and Easter, the liquor stores are open.

grammaddy 2 years, 7 months ago

Black Friday! But I usually start saving for that as soon as school starts.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

The little woman takes care of all our holiday shopping. Even for herself. I tell her to buy something nice for her kitchen. Just keep it under $25.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

At least they aren't green. Not that there's anything wrong with . . . .

DillonBarnes 2 years, 7 months ago

I think Kristin and Linda may be very very closely related.