Previous   Next

What is your favorite decade for music?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 18, 2011

Browse the archives

“80s pop.”

“90s music. It makes me nostalgic for when I was growing up”

“90s.”

“80s.”

Comments

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 9 months ago

Agreed. Much of music today is the reinvention of the wheel.

OldEnoughToKnowBetter 3 years, 9 months ago

On the mountain was a treasure Buried deep beneath a stone And the people of the valley Swore they'd have it for thier own

RugerLCP 3 years, 9 months ago

Everyone is going to like the music they grew up listening to.

Chris Golledge 3 years, 9 months ago

Aye, it's like the photographer doesn't know how to tell the camera to use the face to determine the white balance and let the background wash out to whatever.

On a point-and-shoot, that is generally just a half-press with the subject centered, a shift for framing, and then the complete press.

kugrad 3 years, 9 months ago

Hear, Hear. The Golden Age of Rock!

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 9 months ago

Anybody who would call the Agincourt Carol (given it's subject matter) "fairy music" is a plebeian :P

been_there 3 years, 9 months ago

Liked 60's and 70's rock but the country music from that era was good too. You guys should get some popcorn and go to the JW sex offender story http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/sep/18/sex-offender-registry-compliance-varies-across-kan/#c1753498 This guy is unbelievable

Liberty275 3 years, 9 months ago

Kurt Cobain put metal out of it's misery. Also, I suggest you find yourself a copy of MTV's "Nirvana, Unplugged in New York".

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

How 'bout no more 'Wizard of Oz' special effects on the photos? Yuck!!

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 9 months ago

For modern music it has to be 60's to 80's. Although the 90's was good for indie music. Unlike a lot of old farts I stayed "up" with music and still stay current with it. (My daughter freaked out when she found out I "knew" Owl City and sang along with the lyrics.) So much now is what I call "nostalgia music". I absolutely adore Adele but she's a singer/songwriter that, too, has reached backward. Heck, my own dad would have loved her. He would have called her a "torch singer with a back beat". And take a look at Lady Gaga doing her thing with Tony Bennet. Thing is, my musical tastes are just so eclectic I could go all the way back to the 12th century and be happy. I've pretty much been into it all at one point or another.

Kyle Neuer 3 years, 9 months ago

'45-'55. Post-war R&B and the birth of Rock and Roll.

labmonkey 3 years, 9 months ago

Country.... 60's and 70's, Metal... 80's, Hard rock, 80's-90's.

Liberty275 3 years, 9 months ago

I don't know of him, but if he handles venomous snakes to prove he actually believes the stuff in the book he carries around, I'll come watch. Especially if he works out of a tent and the weather is nice.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 9 months ago

70's, I love Classic Rock. My fondest memories of my birth father were of him in the garage with his band rocking out to classic rock.... although that was in the 80's so I don't think it was considered classic then. :-) I also really love the 90's but more so the later years because it is the music of my teen years. Don't you just love how a song can take you back to a specific time or place. Music evokes on some of my favorite memories.

beatrice 3 years, 9 months ago

I find it fascinating that the dark pink people like the same music as the yellow/green people. See, we are all the same after all.

Or ... Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick, learn to operate your digital camera! It has a flash mode for a reason -- use it!

Torn between the '60s (Beatles anyone?) and the '70s (punk rock rules!).

Liberty275 3 years, 9 months ago

"yellow/green"

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to. Some of us chartreuse people are proud of who we are.

Chartreuse Power!!

beatrice 3 years, 9 months ago

I know how to spell yellow/green, so I'm sticking to it.

Liberty275 3 years, 9 months ago

Start with The Stooges and end up with The Foo Fighter's (who by the way recently played a special concert for the Phelps Klan). Which decade is that?

grammaddy 3 years, 9 months ago

P-funk from the 70's.Give me George Clinton and Bootzilla baby any time. Gotta have that funk!!

ralphralph 3 years, 9 months ago

Favorite decade? The NEXT one, thanks.

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

Baroque music 1600 to 1750. I like dem curvy gals that put on that white pancake powder and eat tapeworms so that they stay fit. As a young child I would listen to the bands crank out the Baroque while watching a duel......fun fun

sissezz 3 years, 9 months ago

the 80"s Baby!! i could listen ALL day!!