Previous   Next

What is your favorite dinosaur?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 17, 2011

Browse the archives

“Triceratops.”

“Deinonychus. It means terrible claw.”

“Tyrannosaurus rex.”

“Littlefoot, from ‘The Land Before Time.’”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

micropachecefalosaurus - The smallest dinosaur with the biggest name

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Either that or uncle Elroy. I thought he wuz scared but he wuz petrified.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

He was a feisty little herbivore.

(micropachecefalosaurus, not uncle Elroy. Probably had little guy syndrome.)

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 10 months ago

My favorite dinosaur is a dead one. They're extinct and I'm certainly happy about that, because they would be very dangerous if they were still around.

But maybe dinosaur steak would be pretty good. I guess we'll never know.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 10 months ago

I bet it tastes like chicken, because birds are the descendants of dinosaurs.

ljwhirled 2 years, 10 months ago

Dinosaurs aren't dangerous.

The were alive just 2,000 years ago in the time of Christ and didn't even get mentioned in the New Testament.

If they were dangerous, surly God would have mentioned them when he was writing the Bible.

I heard that in the original version, Jesus rode a Velociraptor on Palm Sunday.

BTW: My favorite dinosaur is the pteranodon.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Hell, I gots underwear older than autie.

LadyJ 2 years, 10 months ago

Is anybody else having a problem with the LJW and Internet Explorer? I only have problems on this site. It quits working and then has to recover the tab when I change links. Very annoying.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 10 months ago

My advice, as well as many other people's advice, to you would be to download and use Firefox. It's free and can be found here: http://www.mozilla.org Your comment below states that your computer is over a year old. The one I am using at the moment is about ten years old, running Windows 2000, and it works great. But, I use Firefox.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 10 months ago

One more thing, this is important: After you have Firefox installed in your computer and you are on the web using it, download and install NoScript and TACO. They should not be difficult for you to find at all, just click on the "add on link" somewhere on the Mozilla home page. NoScript comes at the top of the list after you search for it, and TACO is on something like the second or third page of your search results for it. All of the plugins are free also.

What NoScript does is prevent ->any<- script from beginning to run when you open a web page. That is how you can inadvertently install many viruses, Trojans, and keyloggers into your machine. All you have to do is open that web page, and bingo, a script is being run on your machine to put in whatever the webmaster feels like putting inside your computer. That may very well be your problem right now - you opened a web page some time back, and pow, it was in there. Sometimes you will need to override NoScript, but that is not at all difficult to do. With two key clicks, you can permanently override NoScript on any site, or change it back anytime you want.

What TACO does is totally block many, but not all, advertisements, especially animated ones, from downloading and appearing on a web page you are looking at. I'm sure the advertisers don't like that, because if you have it, you will never see their ads. The end result is that your pages will load faster without the ads. Do not download it if you enjoy looking at advertisements.

LadyJ 2 years, 10 months ago

You're probably right, it is over a year old.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

The Mrs has an Apple 2e around here someplace. Talk about a dinosaur. (The 2e) Last time she had it uncovered she mentioned making an aquarium out of it. . . . yeah . . . . . ain't gonna happen.

Liberty275 2 years, 10 months ago

My least favorite are unions. My favorite is Raptor Jesus.

Mike Ford 2 years, 10 months ago

I like the the dinosaur that sam brownback rides to church....it's 6000 years old you know.

Liberty275 2 years, 10 months ago

That post has humor and lacks racism. Who hacked tusch-person's account?

jayhawkologist 2 years, 10 months ago