Previous   Next

How much time do you take for breakfast?

Browse the archives

“10 minutes.”

“I don’t always eat breakfast. When I do, I take about 10 minutes.”

“Half an hour.”

“10 minutes.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Cans, about 2 seconds. Bottles slightly more.

Terry Sexton 3 years, 11 months ago

'Dinner Defined' as recited by autie. It is truly so. Something comforting in the explanation, a fundamental guide, if you will. For breakfast it's either five minutes or an hour and a half.

GreenEyedBlues 3 years, 11 months ago

It takes 5 seconds to snatch a grapefruit from the fridge and ~15 minutes (with cleanup) to consume it once I get to work. Then I do a Hobbit-style Second Breakfast of oatmeal three hours later! That takes about 10 minutes. Happy Friday y'all!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Ole Roe gonna be back among teh unemployededed again at least until the next big cabinet job comes along. Could somebody pass me a bowl of that rock soup?

Richard Heckler 3 years, 11 months ago

How much time do you take for breakfast?

Whatever is necessary........

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

30 minutes. No self respecting Southerner eats instant grits.

Okay, I'm not Southern, but I just saw My Cousin Vinny again recently. Great flick. Funny every time.

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

Well, just in case you guys didn't know, today is "Collect Rocks Day". No fooling, look it up. There's still daylight out there, git goin.

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

Oh, and Roe, while you're out collecting rocks you can pick up hedge apples and sell them till the next cabinet job comes along. Google "buy hedge apples", evidently there is a market. Or they might be a fun change from shooting golf balls at the Kaw.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Actually LadyJ I'm thinking I will not shower for a week or so then take the old boom box, a Folger's can and my wife's Englebert Humperdinck cassettes down town. I'm guessing I could make $400 to $500 per day to not play them . . .

bevy 3 years, 11 months ago

Roe, your Mrs. will pelt you with hedge apples if you try to pull that stunt.
OK Supper vs. Dinner - I had to explain this to my husband a TON of times - his family is from Bawstin.

Supper - a meal eaten in the evening. As in breakfast, lunch, and supper. We rarely eat Dinner during the week. Dinner - at my grandma's house (farmwife) the noon meal, regardless of the day of the week. She never ate lunch. Sunday Dinner - the noon meal on Sunday. Then there is going out for Dinner, which is, oddly, only called that if it is the evening meal.

So I guess you could say I only eat dinner on Sundays, unless we are going out, and then it is an evening meal. Because grandma went to heaven so she can't invite me over for dinner anymore. Sniffle...

Oh, the answer to the OTS question - however long it takes to inhale a piece of Casey's bacon and egg breakfast pizza in the car. Usually 5-10 minutes.