Previous   Next

What is the last gift someone surprised you with?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“Wine from my mom three weeks ago.”

“A watch for my birthday two weeks ago.”

“A Radiohead vinyl album from my ex-girlfriend a few weeks ago.”

“I got a fish tank for my birthday. That was a surprise. I wasn’t expecting that. In January from my boyfriend.”

Comments

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

Not the last, but the best was a pony for my 5th. birthday. Dad brought it into my bedroom in the morning. It was a hoot. His name was Silver. Dad found out that Silver would climb stairs but not go down. Hilarious story, my uncle (who helped get him down) told it forever.

grammaddy 2 years, 7 months ago

My youngest son and his wife gave me her car shortly after their wedding.They bought each other new cars that summer. Gotta love 'em.

Romans832 2 years, 7 months ago

Two different individuals gave me cash for my birthday last week. :-) Surprised? You bet!

boxers_or_briefs 2 years, 7 months ago

The credit card bills my wife gives me.

gphawk89 2 years, 7 months ago

My 4yo made me a "toast sandwich" to take to work this morning. First time he's ever done that.

milkman_dan 2 years, 7 months ago

Someone who didn't bother to flush, left me a surprise present.

This is 2011. The latest Emily Post book demands that bathroom trophies may be memorialized with one's camera phone, but they should then be disposed of by their creator.

Reminds me, my next phone needs a wide angle lens.

g_rock 2 years, 7 months ago

Oh and then free airline tickets that he got from card points. I just realized the theme here.

moreawesomeness. yah.

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 7 months ago

From city, MY PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX BILL

CWGOKU 2 years, 7 months ago

Father's Day.... Some gal I had not seen in 9 months showed up with a "present".

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 7 months ago

A satanic scandanavian death metal box set. It is titled... well, I can't print that here. It appears we've been having a moment of flux in the enforcement of the TOS agreement. Which has conincided with a certain somebody posting a lot recently.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 7 months ago

A week or two ago my husband walked in and handed me Loreena McKennit's latest release. Sweetness! http://quinlanroad.com/explorethemusic/thewindthatshakesthebarley.asp

My_Life 2 years, 7 months ago

A Bible with a hand made knitted jacket......... and a big ole' hug.

autie 2 years, 7 months ago

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....................

somedude20 2 years, 7 months ago

number3of5 2 years, 7 months ago

Two weeks ago my husband brought me a bouquet of flowers from our front garden. It included two roses, some petunias, some marigolds, and some morning glories. I truly appreciate when he is thoughtful that way.

autie 2 years, 7 months ago

@labmonkey. Not really. At least in recent memory. Socks and underwear....new pencils..that kind of stuff. I guess the coolest was a KU basketball jersey with number 4 on it. I felt like I could go do things in elevators then...

g_rock 2 years, 7 months ago

A coffee mug from the boy's company. Awesome, I know.

labmonkey 2 years, 7 months ago

Nobody ever surprise you with anything Autie?

autie 2 years, 7 months ago

this is a dumb question and I don't know why anybody would even answer it.

I_Bejewel 2 years, 7 months ago

So Ethan's girlfriend surprises him with a Radiohead vinyl album and a few weeks later she's his ex? Interesting. And is it me, or does it look like he's in disguise? As for the question, nothing comes to mind. Guess I don't get a lot of surprise gifts, except the crafty ones made by my kids at school. Those are always nice.

LadyJ 2 years, 7 months ago

Received a garden gnome in the mail from a relative.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

My wife went to the Eiffel Tower and all she brought me was this damn T-shirt. No, actually she brought me a bottle of French wine.

From the time we started dating in '69 she has always wanted to go to Europe. And I have always said,"Then someday you should I can see all the dilapidated old buildings I want in the West Bottoms of KC." So far she has been to Europe three times. I have been to the West Bottoms of KC more times than I care to remember . . .

Odeo 2 years, 7 months ago

BTW - OTS. Nice to finally see an "All Women" Crew. Thanks!!!

Odeo 2 years, 7 months ago

Well, it took some penicillin and anti-bio tics to get "ridd " of the "surprise" gift that I acquired. All in all, was worth it. She and her girlfriend were Smoking Hot! Hmm. Get what you pay for, I guess. Feel sorry for the young ones of this era. Do not think I would do that, them, these days......