Previous   Next

What is the last gift someone surprised you with?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“Wine from my mom three weeks ago.”

“A watch for my birthday two weeks ago.”

“A Radiohead vinyl album from my ex-girlfriend a few weeks ago.”

“I got a fish tank for my birthday. That was a surprise. I wasn’t expecting that. In January from my boyfriend.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

My wife went to the Eiffel Tower and all she brought me was this damn T-shirt. No, actually she brought me a bottle of French wine.

From the time we started dating in '69 she has always wanted to go to Europe. And I have always said,"Then someday you should I can see all the dilapidated old buildings I want in the West Bottoms of KC." So far she has been to Europe three times. I have been to the West Bottoms of KC more times than I care to remember . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

I've always wanted to go to the Black Forest, don't think I'll ever make it though.

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

Did just get back from a nice trip in the US, although it was disappointing that my Ipod Touch couldn't seem to load the LJW so I could keep up with you guys properly. :o(

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

Received a garden gnome in the mail from a relative.

I_Bejewel 3 years, 3 months ago

So Ethan's girlfriend surprises him with a Radiohead vinyl album and a few weeks later she's his ex? Interesting. And is it me, or does it look like he's in disguise? As for the question, nothing comes to mind. Guess I don't get a lot of surprise gifts, except the crafty ones made by my kids at school. Those are always nice.

ifeellikeachild 3 years, 3 months ago

maybe it wasnt a bad breakup eh? and i agree about the disguise. he looks just like batman.

labmonkey 3 years, 3 months ago

Nobody ever surprise you with anything Autie?

number3of5 3 years, 3 months ago

Two weeks ago my husband brought me a bouquet of flowers from our front garden. It included two roses, some petunias, some marigolds, and some morning glories. I truly appreciate when he is thoughtful that way.

somedude20 3 years, 3 months ago

somedude20 3 years, 3 months ago

no no no. LJW was weak on that one. I went out of my way to be clean by using "oral report" and "dictation" which is NOT vulgar unless the people at the LJWorld read something into it and have an dirty imagination!!

Boo hiss boo hiss!!

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 3 months ago

A week or two ago my husband walked in and handed me Loreena McKennit's latest release. Sweetness! http://quinlanroad.com/explorethemusic/thewindthatshakesthebarley.asp

gphawk89 3 years, 3 months ago

My 4yo made me a "toast sandwich" to take to work this morning. First time he's ever done that.

Romans832 3 years, 3 months ago

Two different individuals gave me cash for my birthday last week. :-) Surprised? You bet!

grammaddy 3 years, 3 months ago

My youngest son and his wife gave me her car shortly after their wedding.They bought each other new cars that summer. Gotta love 'em.

pace 3 years, 3 months ago

Not the last, but the best was a pony for my 5th. birthday. Dad brought it into my bedroom in the morning. It was a hoot. His name was Silver. Dad found out that Silver would climb stairs but not go down. Hilarious story, my uncle (who helped get him down) told it forever.