Previous   Next

How did you spend your holiday weekend?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 6, 2011

Browse the archives

“Painting and decluttering our home.”

“The first two days I hulled corn, then I came down here.”

“I went down to Beaver Lake, Arkansas, and Eureka Springs.”

“I canoed and fished.”

Comments

love2fish_ks 3 years, 3 months ago

Spent it shooting doves. Love this time of year as the advent to hunting season. Dove bites wrapped in bacon on the grill. Yummm Yummm

Mary Darst 3 years, 3 months ago

Tie dyed shirts and spent the night on the Walnut River. Listened to some reallly good music.

somedude20 3 years, 3 months ago

I wanted to visit the Beaver Lake but I was beaver damned!! Son of the beach!!!!

some_random_person 3 years, 3 months ago

I did anti-Lawrence things: Shot a hell of a lot of guns, went fishing, and drove fast cars that burn too much gas. AMERICA, F YEA!!!

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 3 months ago

Hoped in the conv. put top down and spent all day enjoying sun and country side up north of Lawrence, perfect weather to be alive.

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

Too true, just spent a hectic week getting my "princess" back to college. Don't think she really wanted to go. :o( Next I'm off to see the first of my kids get married. :o). Time moves on.

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

ROFL, also too true. And they don't get it that we have just kind of "grown into" their old bedroom. An old RV parked in the back yard works good though for the male members. Roe could always put his in his bunker/man cave.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

But . . . where would I put my ammo? ;-)

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

One more comment, Roe, and you hit 9000.

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

As for the ammo, shoot it off or have one hell of a bonfire, although that would probably not be safe except in the desert. Road trip.

been_there 3 years, 3 months ago

I certainly was not sleeping with cars constantly driving over the big metal plates covering the holes dug in the street. Last time they were there for months. When I called the city to complain, they explained that the contractors for the city are only held to start dates on jobs for the city. They don't have to completely finish them by any certain date, just start. So they start them just enough to fulfill the terms of the contract and come back months later to finish. Bet the city manager or commissions wouldn't put up with that noise for months. There should be a time limit, like 2 weeks, after which the hole should be repaired. Are they waiting for another bicyclist to be killed in the dark and another hefty lawsuit?

Kontum1972 3 years, 3 months ago

stayed off the road....and saved gas...