Previous   Next

What are you allergic to?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 4, 2011

Browse the archives

“Pine trees and corn plants, cats even though we have three, but mostly outdoor plant matters.”

“Ragweed. I call it the devil’s weed.”

“Poison ivy, but I’m not really that allergic.”

“I’m on allergy shots. I’m allergic to about 60 different allergens. Except cockroaches and guinea pigs.”

Comments

gphawk89 3 years, 11 months ago

eggs,chocolate,nuts,strawberries,peas,cucumbers,dust,pollen,mold

verity 3 years, 11 months ago

Chocolate? Chocolate?!!

My sincere sympathies!

Citizen77 3 years, 11 months ago

Nothing--that I know of. I used to have a nice patch of ragweed in the back yard just beyond the fence that would get 6 ft. tall. I always enjoyed frolicking in it. Such a handsome plant. That and the poison ivy--amazing fall colors it has, by the way. Then the neighbors complained so now I have to grow it in the side yard.

Citizen77 3 years, 11 months ago

Actually, I think I remember I sneezed once when I was moving some dusty books a long time ago.

Richard Heckler 3 years, 11 months ago

RINO's = those who took over the republican party with the help of real republicans. Republicans need to pay close attention. Do they know their republican party is dead?

Brownback and the entire Kansas delegation in D.C. are RINO's. That explains the Brownback/Koch/Walton(Wal-Mart) reckless Kansas economics coming down in Topeka.

The RINO"s are neither fiscal conservative nor socially responsible.

Yep my father in law finally realized his party was dead. My father in law left the RINO party because he is a fiscal conservative socially responsible republican with at least 50 years under his belt. Evermore stunning he is working with the democrat party in Pennsylvania.

If one is sneezing more often,belching more often,coughing more often and notice an increase in being PO'd this RINO allergy may well be in your system.

labmonkey 3 years, 11 months ago

Why are you bitching about RINO's not being fiscally conservative when you haven't met a tax that you do not like?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

merrill, you're off to the left of Stalin. How do you figure that you are qualified to judge who is a real Republican and who is a Republican In Name Only?

labmonkey 3 years, 11 months ago

Penicillin... although that isn't really a big thing since it doesn't kill anything anymore.

George_Braziller 3 years, 11 months ago

Sycamore pollen which is odd.

It's the only thing I'm allergic to and I wasn't even allergic to it until I was in my mid 40s.

kernal 3 years, 11 months ago

Grass, ragweed, mulberry, maple trees and assorted other pollen makers, bananas, carrots and what Jane said at 10:28am. I can't ever live in Tennessee, the worst allergy state in the Union.

Erin Graham 3 years, 11 months ago

EVERYTHING outdoors. Except cats and dogs. Except dogs bring in pollen and crap from outside. So, in a roundabout way- dogs, too. Food allergies, too. Including a garlic intolerance. Allergy tests=anaphylaxis. 'Too allergic' for shots. Columbia, MO and Bartlesville, OK are the closest places that has sublingual immunotherapy, since it's not FDA approved (although it's been quite prevalent in Europe for quite some time now). Heads up- the guy in Bartlesville won't accept patients outside of I believe an hour radius from his office. He's very good, though.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

Lemur wool underwear. You don't want to know the details.

riverdrifter 3 years, 11 months ago

Brome grass when blooming is my nemesis. Beyond that, nothing except for neoconservative christian fundamentalists. They give me methane trauma and I end up valving it off in their presence.

Liberty275 3 years, 11 months ago

After just having an ALCAT, I can say with confidence... black eyed peas.

wmathews 3 years, 11 months ago

Penicillin, sulfa and people who dawdle at the grocery store.

Liberty275 3 years, 11 months ago

“Ragweed. I call it the devil’s weed.”

I think the devil prefers a different weed.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Dang Hollis! Where can I gets me one them colorin' books? 'Cept for this old laptop, crayons is bout the onliest way I communicate!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Tomorrow's OTS question: What TV program do you watch that would surprise most people? . . . . (Monday Night Raw) . or . . What program do people think you would watch but seldom do? . . . . (Fox News)