Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Asked at Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont on October 31, 2011

Browse the archives

A Single Shard’ by Linda Sue Park. I’m reading it with my book club. ”

Osman’s Dream’ by Carolyn Finkle. It’s about the history of the Ottoman Empire. I’m learning a lot. ”

Bridge of Sighs’ by Robert Russo. Several friends mentioned it. It is excellent. ”

American Assassin’ by Vince Flynn. It’s the newest of his series. ”

Columbarium’ by Susan Stewart. I read her work ‘Forest,’ and that was very compelling.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 6 months ago

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

The library is open after midnight? Saw that the library will be closed Wednesday. That might leave some unable to comment on the LJW.

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

Just finished "Feast Day of Fools" by James Lee Burke. I wish I could write as well as he does.
Right now I'm reading between the lines about the recent status of this here OTS board. Seems it's a new take on an old favorite, will have to compare to older classic versions & get back to you.

kernal 3 years, 6 months ago

The Bill of Rights; it hangs on the wall above my desk. It replaced the one I had in another life, in another state. One of the movers had never seen it and the look on his face prompted me to give it to him. Not a thing was broken on that move.

fabian_zimbabwe 3 years, 6 months ago

"The Girl Who Played with Fire"...also looking forward to the Daniel Craig version of "Dragon Tattoo" this winter.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Well . . . glad I hadn't commented. Yet. Then.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I am reading the hard copy of the LJW. I mostly come to the LJWorld online for the OTS. But you're all weird so I've been giving it a little rest. I'll be back . . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I read "The Godfather" in 1970 in two days. When I finished it I said it would be a great movie. I read "Forrest Gump" in 1987, also thought it should be a movie. Happened. Just finished "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" by Max Brooks. Found out Brad Pitt will star in it late in 2012. (Dec 21,2012?)

Any books you want me to read?

gphawk89 3 years, 6 months ago

"Wood-Destroying Pest Management - Pesticide Applicator Training - Category 7B"

Katara 3 years, 6 months ago

“‘Osman’s Dream’ by Carolyn Finkle."

This sounds interesting. It would be kind of cool if they had a follow-up OTS question to all the people asked to see if they enjoyed what they read.

roadwarrior 3 years, 6 months ago

Muses, Madmen and Prophets. A history of auditory hallucination. Daniel B. Smith Some of the greatest thinkers, leaders and prophets in history heard, listened to, and had dialogues with voices inside their heads. In a fascinating quest for understanding, Smith examines the history of this powerful phenomenon, and delivers a ringing defense of the validity of unusual human experiences.

riverdrifter 3 years, 6 months ago

Field Notes From A Wilderness Lookout by Philip Conner. It's about a guy who quit Wall Street and went to work as a fire tower observer in SW New Mexico. Years ago I climbed an abandoned tower in Minnesota. The top is sort've a glass box. Lightning hits'em, see.