Previous   Next

How much candy do you buy for Halloween?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 27, 2011

Browse the archives

“About half a pound to a pound.”

“Probably about five pounds. I give it to trick-or-treaters or share with friends.”

“Two bags.”

“Two bags. It used to be more but the trick-or-treaters have slowed down.”

Comments

tanaumaga 2 years, 5 months ago

There's a lot of 'big kids.' Who gives tricks anymore?....and get your mind out of the gutter.

Odeo 2 years, 5 months ago

"BABBOY (anonymous) says…

Wife is in charge of that."

Ok. And what kind of treats do you think he will buy??

Luv ya, BABBOY

JesusChrist 2 years, 5 months ago

I usually give out blowies for halloween.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Well I for one have been building deck. Crew of five so should finish up Sat. Morning. Sorry, couldn't think of any way to candy it up . . .

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

Looks like the intertubes sprunged a leak & done did gone flat for a while. A guy on another site said he thought Knology had died. I think they just Skittle about & tease us while everybody Snickers. Could be ghosts & goblins Gumming things up as they like to do in their own eerily Milky Way.
Could be nobody's posting cuz they're out earning a Payday - 'cept maybe some o' them one-percenters. They could be out on 5th Avenue makin' it rain at a 100 Grand bar. My pappy couldn't handle Halloween candy. Too much sugar would Push Pops right over the edge. We'd always bring home Mounds of it. Werther or not he ate any I'm not sure.

prospector 2 years, 5 months ago

I wait until the day after and get it for half price. Tough luck kids, it's mine!

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 5 months ago

What kind of sicko gives out pennies on Halloween? Quarters are reasonable..... but PENNIES??!!!! What can you do with a handful of pennies? If I gave the savages in my neighborhood pennies, my neighbors better pray to god that they parked their cars in the garage like me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Jnyw_BCzo

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 5 months ago

I ate his liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 5 months ago

I used to make these caramel apples and put them into this homemade bazooka. Any little snot who egged my house lost a limb. No I always buy plenty. Though I always have way too much at the end of the night...... no one ever visits me. I'm VERY lonely.

BABBOY 2 years, 5 months ago

Wife is in charge of that.

I was busy trying to find work conflict to not deal with pretending I like my snobby neighbors...(which is what you get when you live in snotty neighboorhood for the most part)

But, after seeing the proud look on my three year loving his Batman suit means I will happily be there for him and my one year old who refuses to wear his Robin mask but is otherwise fine with his suit….

Paul R Getto 2 years, 5 months ago

None. Keep the porch light off and they won't show up.

Bill Lee 2 years, 5 months ago

Bill Lee 2 years, 5 months ago

Most years I buy about a dozen large (4.,25 oz) candy bars to give out. I amost have some left over, which I then eat myself. I don't get very many callers.

Bill Lee 2 years, 5 months ago

Bill Lee 2 years, 5 months ago

g_rock 2 years, 5 months ago

2 packs of candy cigarettes. And 200 books of matches.

eotw33 2 years, 5 months ago

Why would you buy candy when your kids can go trick or treating and get it for free?

Azure_Attitude 2 years, 5 months ago

7 kinds of candy and 2 of each. I think the bad weighed about 5 lbs. We have a busy neighborhood.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

I didn't get no damn quarter!

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

You're all weird. No candy for you. Clamp it!

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 5 months ago

Years ago I had what I thought was a bright idea - pass out quarters instead of candy. Then the kids could buy whatever they wanted instead of what I had selected for them. Plus, after Halloween was over, I'd have some cash left over instead of candy, which I don't eat. So, I bought a couple rolls of quarters at the bank.

It went over very well, since this was a while ago and a quarter was worth more than it is today.

Then, the following year I did it all over again.

But there was a problem, a big problem. The well publicized Tylenol cases had happened in the meanwhile. That is, someone had tampered with packages of Tylenol that were offered for sale in Chicago. I would rather not discuss that any further.

The following Halloween, right after the Tylenol incidents, there was not one single trick or treater at my door.

Wadde 2 years, 5 months ago

" two bags of snickers cost $2 00 for both bags at dollar- tree."

Wadde 2 years, 5 months ago

" Two bags of Snickers to give away downtown its an incognito candy bar for that
     sphosticated( hallows) to do supernatural wonders all thru the night Im going to bribe
     my way to a trick or a Miracle"

Odeo 2 years, 5 months ago

Oops. Sorry. Answer. About a Kilo....

Odeo 2 years, 5 months ago

LJW. Are you certain that you asked the mugshot crew this question with clarification on how much "Candy" they buy and when?? Ergo, candy made from sugar, chocolate, etc...Have a strong feeling that there was a misunderstanding from the majority of this "Crew".....