Previous   Next

Where do you volunteer?

Browse the archives

“I volunteer for a pre-health organization for students interested in health careers. Promoting health is very important.”

“I enjoy working with the Sunset Hill Elementary Parent Teacher Organization.”

“Sunset Hill PTO.”

“I help an organization for students who want to work in the health care field.”

Comments

ljwhirled 3 years, 1 month ago

Salon Dimarco - 733 Mass St.

You'r not from around here?

labmonkey 3 years, 1 month ago

The back porch when I do the laundary.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

Church trustee, board member of volunteer F.D., founding member of local community volunteer group.

Oh, and keeper of the internet. Somebody out there might be wrong today . . .

classclown 3 years, 1 month ago

RoeDapple (anonymous) says…

Oh, and keeper of the internet. Somebody out there might be wrong today . . .

================================================

I'm never wrong.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

thuja (anonymous) replies… "Clamp it, Odeo!"

Alex, are you going to allow this hate spewing troll to continue this behavior?

jaywalker 3 years, 1 month ago

church and the nearest elementary school

Deja Coffin 3 years, 1 month ago

I volunteer at my local church as a AWANAS leader and also volunteer for various library and school fund raising activities throughout the year.

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

"Clamp it, Odeo!"

Almost, thujie, but I think it's Clampett, Jed or Clampett, Ellie Mae. Not sure Odeo is related, although that would clarify a lot of his posts.
I volunteer to get to the bottom of this. Jethro shoulda volunteered to rock Ms Jane's world, but he never would throw her a bone.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

thewgie is a superior lifeform too good for the "ten or so usual posters" who show up day after day spouting their (our) usual tripe. I volunteer to continue to do my part to make the hater hate. Maybe he/sh/its head will implode

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

I got some literature from the AT&TWC&DKA in the mail. They're looking for volunteers to pick up empty scotch bottles along the river. It seemed kind of military in a way, something about all the dead soldiers littering up the dock?

Katara 3 years, 1 month ago

Where I volunteer isn't a set location. Just wherever it is needed and when I can.

pace 3 years, 1 month ago

Volunteering has been more rewarding than I ever thought. My first volunteering project, was as a reading tutor, for a kid a couple of years younger than me. My teacher suggested I do it. You know teachers, they ones that hurt the economy by wild demands of pensions and wanting to be paid as professionals. The most consistent volunteer work I have done is picking up litter or helping elderly neighbors. No shortage of opportunity. I also sometimes will babysit for single moms. I was one and I will never forget how hard it was.

Joe Berns 3 years, 1 month ago

Cub scouts...

Well, to be honest, I tried to volunteer to help with cub scouts but they didn't pay enough.