Previous   Next

What brought you to Occupy Lawrence?

Asked at South Park on October 21, 2011

Browse the archives

“I want to make decisions not just based on myself, but based on the whole community.”

“I am focused on meeting peoples needs — food, water, shelter, love, and education — to build a stronger community.””

“I’ve been paying attention to the news. It’s a global movement and I wanted to be a part of it.”

“I was going to join the movement in D.C., but then I heard about one starting up here.”

Comments

autie 6 years ago

Katie, I could use a hand up. Not a hand out.

trinity 5 years, 12 months ago

I'll take the hand-OUT if you don't want it. ;)

Maddy Griffin 6 years ago

So far, it looks like their using to discourage snarky remarks on stories of fatal accidents.

Stuart Evans 6 years ago

I'm sure that's exactly how it went down...

Shane Garrett 6 years ago

Ginny is a cook, and meeting peoples need for love. I would ask her Gandalf.

Shane Garrett 6 years ago

On that note I am right behind you in line. ;)

RoeDapple 6 years ago

I occupy a small community nearby. The parking is better. Hey, I have an idea! I should swing past Walmart and pick up a few blankets for the "Occupiers". Some lattes from Starbucks, egg McMuffins from Micky D's and a Sony big screen from Best Buy, so they can see themselves on TV. Maybe some deodorant while I'm at Walmart.

LadyJ 6 years ago

Ok, I've got to ask. Where are they going to the bathroom, especially during the night. Do they have little camping potties that they empty during the day? Are they walking over to the police station, is it open all night?

Mixolydian 6 years ago

Everyone, on three....Yes we are all individuals.

lunacydetector 6 years ago

individuals that speak in unison are not being individual....a collective hypnotic voice to drown out....a very effective crowd manipulation strategy.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

I am losing my faith in Harold Camping. I guess he still has sixteen hours to be right . . . How many times can one man be wrong?

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

Froze perty good last night, so I'm thinkin' to occupy the liquor store for some bourbon. Still have some tonic water but the gin is gone. Brought back some good beer from Tennessee, a regional brewery in Jonesborough named Depot Street makes this stuff called Loose Caboose Lager. Yummy. Down to the last two bottles, though. I gave a six-pack to the neighbor for watching the homestead while we were gone. He's outa town for the weekend. I wonder if he has an alarm system.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

"I wonder if he has an alarm system."

I woulda known before I give him beer . . . just sayin' . .

Deja Coffin 6 years ago

Someone make up a new OTS question. I didn't go to Occupy Lawrence because I was too busy holding an Occupy Small Jefferson County Town rally myself. And by that I mean sitting at home drinking a nice hot cup of Pumpkin Pie Spiced Coffee. I would consider the rally a success.

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

Just saw a story on tv about a coupla the one percenters - Steve Jobs & Bill Gates. Iz that what it takes to reach their economic status, to have one syllable monikers? If so, I'll consider changing my name to Rich Guy. Whaddya think?

Lesson learned, Roe. The next time I plan for libational charity, I'll...wait, screw the next time. Bottoms up!

somedude20 6 years ago

I wonder if they are worried about that falling German satellite hitting them? They should protest space junk littlering our earth. The police hand out tickets for people littering so they should write Germany and the US tickets!

Ken Lassman 6 years ago

If you think the OTS question was pathetic, read thru these comments. Now THAT'S pathetic. They make the original quotes look downright Gettysburgh address caliber.

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

Thank you, sir! May I have another!?
Four score & twenty posts ago...

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

ok, times up!! it's really four score & seven posts ago. this was a test. um... yeah, that's the ticket.

Shane Garrett 6 years ago

I understand there is a big movement of people from Manhattan to Occupy Lawrence on Saturday morning. I think they plan on staying all day and celebrating some sort of ritual victory.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

As I understand it we must now stay "on topic" with our comments . . . HA ! Good luck with that! What does "bunker" have to do with golf?

If the bunker says "Occupied", don't knock. There, how's that for staying on topic?

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

Miss Crump called me over at recess & said we could act silly, just don't hit Susie in the head with the dodge ball no more. He said he wished we'd be more like Twain, M. than Thompson, Hunter S. Then he mumbled something about top icks & people being her elephant..
I'm gonna go find Opie & ask him what that means.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

Now I'm totally confusededed . . .

classclown 6 years ago

Lawrence was weak and ripe for occupation. So I did what the strong do, I occupied it.