Previous   Next

Will you carve a pumpkin for Halloween?

Browse the archives

“It’s iffy. It depends on whether we can get my 5-month-old son involved.”

“I don’t carve pumpkins as much as paint them. I’d like to make the pumpkin look like the most realistic face on a pumpkin possible. ”

“I guess not. It takes so much time, and I’m not good at it.”

“No. They make me gag.”

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm gonna carve a smile into my face. Why so serious? Do you know how I get these scars? I'm going to make an ice sculpture of myself if it gets cold enough to permit it. I like to portray myself in the nude :)

Katara 4 years, 1 month ago

Don't forget to account for shrinkage if you are going to sculpt yourself in ice.

kenny_powers 4 years, 1 month ago

Ah yes, I remember when I was five months old and mom let me carve the pumpkin. I'd waited my whole life...

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I may have a punkin shoot. Easier to hit than golf balls.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

"I was going through the drive through at McDonalds"

So . . I'm not the only one here who likes egg mcmuffins and the rankest coffee west of the Mississippippissippi?

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

Might play with my pumpkin's melons on halloween

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

...."Oh my my, I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy."

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Relevancy isn't my strongest suit . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

"Rebels without a cause."

Mrs Roe just commented,"Rebels without a clue".

See, that's why I stick around. She totally understands me. Wish I could say the same about her . . .

Terry Sexton 4 years, 1 month ago

It looks like KaDaffy's head was the punkin & got carved up perty good. First Idi fell by the wayside & now Moamar. Are there any flamboyant dictators left? I guess there's still Hugo & Fidel, but they ain't lookin' too healthy.

Terry Sexton 4 years, 1 month ago

Haw! A landmark day for sure. The goofy Libyan bites the dust & Mr. Dapple haz a removal. I'm kinda confused about that second part. Didn't notice an over-abundance of snarkiness. Roe, did you go past the allotted amount of space or sumthin? Cuz compared to, say, most of Merrill's posts, that looked like a synopsis.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Musta been cuz I quoted another news source . . .

I don't mind losin' one every now and then. Let's me know I ain't afraid to look over the edge.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

As a demonstration I once shot a large watermelon with 12 ga. 00 buck at 10 yards. The point being to show the devastating effect. Yup. The wind was in our face, we all got a watermelon shower.

LadyJ 4 years, 1 month ago

Whoa, we have to be verified users now to comment on certain articles? Changes in the wind.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

My dad said Christmas comes in "Deezember", "Warsh" the dishes in the "zink", eat "zoup" out of a bowl. Didn't have any trouble with Zamboni though . . .

"Verified"? They know who I am, at least JK and, um, . . Lindsay did. Starting to look like they knew what was coming . . .

Liberty275 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes, sort of. We'll buy pumpkins and let our neighbor's kids draw the faces with a sharpie, then I'll do the actual carving. The kids really enjoy scooping out the "guts" of the pumpkin with spoons. Of course, we will also make sure they don't want for treats when they come by in their costumes.

Outside of making life a little less hellish for some less well off kids, it's just another day for me. OTOH, I do get to wear a mask of the Dark Lord Satan. That's always sort of nice.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Ah well, I pretty much stay on the OTS to comment any more . . . "cept the whiners don't even like that. Good. Mission accomplished.

Terry Sexton 4 years, 1 month ago

Who went & put verify in charge of things? I didn't even know the job was open. Did Miss Crump think this up all by hisself? I wonder what KJ would sayaboutit - or Windy. Haven't heard from her lately. Did she get disappeardeded? cuz that would really be hard core.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I asked, . . I begged, . . I pleaded, "Let me be in charge of the big red disapearededed button!". But . . no. They thought they had a better idea. We'll see . . .

nocrybabies 4 years, 1 month ago

What does verify mean? Besides the obvious Webster definition.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

Apparently that your name is listed next to your username. I'm all for letting the staff of the know who I am to allow me to be verified but I am not a fan of letting everyone see my first and last name. There are enough people on here who know who I am without having them listed.

Liberty275 4 years, 1 month ago

I wonder if this award-winning news corporation is prepared to become party to a civil and or criminal lawsuit caused by a disgruntled reader taking extreme exception with another poster's opinion to the point violence is used to settle the dispute. Does the LJW really want to facilitate any such violent retribution by providing names which can be easily turned into addresses, which in turn can be easily turned into crime scenes?

I think I'd have the boys down in legal go over the proposed change before opening themselves up to what could be a sizable liability.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

Not only that but they could find your profile on social media websites and then they have a face to go with the name. I don't need people stopping me in Target to talk about my recent OTS post. I feel like I don't post things that I wouldn't say in person and I try not to be hateful but it's a conversation with strangers that I don't fully trust enough to give out my full name. No offense to anyone on here.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

Anyone have a really good roasted pumpkin seeds recipe?