Previous   Next

What was the last concert you went to?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 12, 2011

Browse the archives

“St. Vincent at Liberty Hall. I was so excited, and it was great. I went a little crazy taking video.”

“Hot Boys. ”

“Sick Puppies at the Midland Theater in K.C., in April. ”

“A blues festival in Topeka, on the Fourth of July. It was good. It was really hot, but it was a good event. ”

Comments

thuja 3 years, 6 months ago

Split Lip Rayfield on Mass St this last Sunday.

They rock!

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 6 months ago

Heck yeah! Can't believe I missed this...

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

I love that group, listen to their Christmas music all year long. Love their patriotic songs and Brahams lullabye.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Emporia, early 70's. Are they still alive?

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Glad you mentioned that, I forgot I had been to a concert in the last few years. They were in Baldwin a few years back.

Bill Lee 3 years, 6 months ago

Wanda Jackson at the Granada. I usually go to a lot more concerts than I have this year. I like to get over to the RecordBar in KC on Wednesdays for Bob Walkenhorst's weekly gig. The best show I saw this year was the Kansas Music Hall of Fame concert in March. It started with a wonderful set from Bobby Watson and ended with a rockin' set from the Rainmakers. There were three other bands in between. I'm sure the show next March will kick ass, too. Voting is going on this month to pick the inductees.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Today is International Moment of Frustration Scream Day. All citizens of the world will go outdoors at twelve hundred hours Greenwich time and scream for thirty seconds.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 3 years, 6 months ago

Journey, Forigner and Night Ranger couple of weeks ago. Stevie Nicks and Rod Stewart earlier this year.

grammaddy 3 years, 6 months ago

George Clinton and the P-funk all stars any time they come here.

Liberty275 3 years, 6 months ago

We went to see The Hemorrhoids at a downtown dive bar a while back. They we better than we expected. They need to do a punk cover of Rawhide though. I think they could give the Dead Kennedys a run for their money .

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I think everyone but me claims to have gone to Woodstock '69. I stayed home. Somebody had to wash the cat . . .

Kyle Neuer 3 years, 6 months ago

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in San Francisco 10 days ago. Beyond outstanding.

trinity 3 years, 6 months ago

Jesse James Dupree&Jackyl this past Friday night. Awesome. :)

GSWtotheheart 3 years, 6 months ago

Beatles Tribute show at the Granada on 9/30...it was pretty awesome...they played the whole White Album front to back and then another album...good show...got tickets through Groupon...I got my $4 worth!

Mary Darst 3 years, 6 months ago

3 years ago, the hippie sister came from Texas and we went to Wichita to see Arlo Guthrie. He was awesome. Saw Split Lip at Bluegrass...also awesome.

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

Gomez at the Crossroads this past July! Best show in years was 7/08 The Police played the Scottrade Center in St. Louis

Best bang for the buck was back in 97' Eddie Money, Joe Walsh and the Doobie Brothers at Schofield Barracks for 5 bucks!

Sheryl Wiggins 3 years, 6 months ago

Luka Bloom last month, in London and Cambridge

CLARKKENT 3 years, 6 months ago

46 VS. YOUNG PUNKS, YOU PROBABLY HAVE IT BACKWARDS AS TO WHO GOES TO THE HOSPITAL.

Liberty275 3 years, 6 months ago

Nah. I'm 47 or 48 and I feel sorry for any 5 young drunks that think they would like a go at the old man. Three of them would be waiting for the ambulance before the other two knew what happened. Then they would run. You don't get old being a fool.

However, the young punk rockers at the last show were very cordial to weird old man and his wife enjoying the show. Trouble always seems to leave me alone.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

Happy birthday to Issac Newton Lewis, a clever lad.

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

Symphony in the Flint Hills this past June. The Guv'nah was there to say a few words before the start. The boos & polite applause were about equal. Before that I can't remember which was the last one. Got me to thinkin', though, about the concerts I can recall: Iron Butterfly in '69 at Municipal Auditorium Grand Funk Railroad, also at Municipal around the same time frame. George Thoroughgood at Liberty Hall - when the heck was that? Pat's Blue Riddem - also at Liberty, a few different times Foghat at Hoch

When I was in the army in Arizona, we used to trek up to Tucson for some great shows including Loggins & Messina, George Harrison w/ Billy Preston

I seem to remember some sorta mega concert in KC that included 'Kansas.' I used to tell people that I worked with Robbie Steinhart at the local DQ, but, truth be told, he was already gone way before I started. I think Eddie Rabbit was part of that show, or was it Eddie Money?

Saw Bob Marley at Hoch back in the late 70's. That mighta been the last one. The next one I'm gonna attend virtually. That will be Wattstax - just got the email that my disc has shipped. Thank you, Rara! Really looking forward to it.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

Neal Diamond, it was a real geezer-pleaser.

jjsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

Elton John and Leon Russell in Tulsa, great concert.

Steve Jacob 3 years, 6 months ago

This year...yes some are with daughter...

1/22 Ozzy/Slash Sprint Center 1/24 Miranda Cosgrove/Greyson Chance Uptown 1/29 Linkin Park Sprint Center 3/24 Robert Crey Voodoo 4/2 Three Days Grace Midland 4/6 Queens of the Stone Age Beaumont 8/17 Katy Perry/Janelle Monae Sprint Center 9/1 Selena Gomez

beatrice 3 years, 6 months ago

St. Vincent, although they played at a blues bar, so that might just qualify as a show. Last official concert I went to was Tom Waits.

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

Hope to be in concert with my garmin in about 4 hours. Gonna take a road trip back east. That's a lot like a roeD trip only with 14 less wheels. My niece is turning 40 & we going to some fancy shindig to celebrate.
She said she was kinda freaked to be turning 40. Hell, I'm the one with a niece that old. Fairly short turn around, back in the flatland late Monday.

Rock on.

juma 3 years, 6 months ago

Jimi Hendrix Summer of 1970 in Honolulu. How could any concert top that!