Previous   Next

What is your favorite wintertime food?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on October 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“Homemade chili — it’s social, like for tailgating.”

“Chicken soup or jambalaya.”

“Chili pie, with chips.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Jesus, please forgive autie his sins. He a good man.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

The Mrs made a crock pot of taco soup yesterday. That will be my favorite for a couple of days. Not so much by Friday

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

For some reason I have a hankerin' for lemon meringue pie. Not sure why, haven't had any for years . . .

Bill Lee 3 years, 2 months ago

That was my dad's favorite so Mom made it often, but I haven't had any for years. I do crave it from time to time, but I don't bake anymore. Maybe I should buy one tomorrow.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Right now Ima watchin' this show about people pretending to be cave dwellers, surviving by using ancient tools and weapons. I'll be damned if they didn't bag 'em an elk with throwin' sticks with flint arrowheads! Gots 'em a ton of meat but them city folk in their animal hides is gettin' all emotional, rubbin' the elk's head and being all throwy uppy aboutit. You suppose they had a license to kill the elk or did they poach it? . . .

TopJayhawk 3 years, 2 months ago

Potato soup.

Taco soup.

chili

veggie soup

Richard Heckler 3 years, 2 months ago

Central Soy Hot Fiesta Tofu with just about anything. A morning scamble, a wrap, a dip or chili will do fine. Yumo!

Bill Lee 3 years, 2 months ago

Chili tops my list, but I often get bored with it after a few days, so I add other ingredients to the pot and it becomes stew. I can keep that going for about a week. Other winter faves are potatoes...they're so versatile...and the ever-popular mac & cheese.

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

Biscuits and gravy, winter, spring, summer, and fall.

CHKNLTL 3 years, 2 months ago

I second your Ham and Beans w/cornbread!!! Nothing better than a hot bowl of ham and beans after shoveling snow or chopping firewood in the winter.

jonas_opines 3 years, 2 months ago

rum and hot cider. Food is for amateurs

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 2 months ago

Good ole home grown ""Tater"" soup, sure miss it and mom

scopi_guy 3 years, 2 months ago

Crock pot with a good beef roast and as many vegetables (carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, mushrooms) that can fit.

Or, good old tomato soup and grilled cheese. I never eat that in the summer, but have it at least once a week once it turns cold.

riverdrifter 3 years, 2 months ago

Venison chilli, three alarm or so. I make several recipes from thin & soupy to thick and heavy. Venison guisado is also great. If you've got a mountain of ground venison to use up guisado will make it go away. Also venison meatloaf -especially the recipe that has er, well, OK, Velveeta chunks in it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

All this talk of stones is getting me down . . . My pet rock was such a stoner . . always taking me for granite. It tried to get a rock band started . . . but was always slate for practice. Eventually lost its marble . . . Drank itself to death . . . limeade . . .

countrygirl 3 years, 2 months ago

Chili, ham and beans and the crowd favorite - gumbo.

del888 3 years, 2 months ago

Favorite winter food is the same as my favorite summer food - chocolate icecream.

gl0ck0wn3r 3 years, 2 months ago

Soup made from the tears of the homeless.