Previous   Next

Do you plan on getting a flu shot?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 9, 2011

Browse the archives

“My mom already gave me one. She is a nurse.”

“Yes. My school is giving them out for free.”

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

Got it a couple of days ago. Good to go for the winter.

gccs14r 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm with autie. Unless you're in a risk group, let your immune system handle it. Otherwise it gets out of shape from lack of use and leaves you susceptible to other illnesses.

Ignignokt 4 years, 1 month ago

Do you have any idea how your immune system and/or the flu shot works?

gphawk89 4 years, 1 month ago

Judging from the comments so far, many do not.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Ronaldo, My laptop spends a lot of time on my . . . well, lap. Should I get it disinfected? My laptop, that is . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Is four 24oz Diet Dr Peppers daily considered "plenty of fluids"?

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

"3.)Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, or genitals."

In any particular order?

Ksgirl2000 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes- got mine Tuesday. As for some comments from above- all nurses and healthcare professional (given they are employed) must be vaccinated yearly with the flu shot and hep B booster, so not sure on the whole Laura statement. As far as not being around sick people or touching my own body... Yeah, never- never never touch your mouth- I personally eat tacos with a fork, never wear contacts, blow my nose or wipe or clean my junk. Oh and never go in public, those damn suck people are everywhere- whether they have a contagious ailment or you're sharing your perfect fighting immune system cariing the virus with that cancer patient (who can't receive the flu shot) at the store. Whatever with the weird advice. It isn't about yourself, it's not about everyone else- it's about taking care of your community.

verity 4 years, 1 month ago

I don't think "medicinal chemistry" is a healthcare professional---at least not involved in direct healthcare, but I could be wrong.

Terry Sexton 4 years, 1 month ago

Haven't gotten the shot yet for this year but most definitely will before the end of the month. It might be a crap shoot, but I do not think it is harmful nor does it contribute to a weakened immune system. That's what my doc, an infectious disease expert, sez.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Comprehend much? The question was "Do you plan on getting a flu shot?". Many of us (Laura included?) may not "PLAN" on getting a flu shot. Like the examples you cite, planning may not be an option. The decision may be out of our hands.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

verity 4 years, 1 month ago

When the medicinal chemistry student says "no" one has to wonder. I'd like to know her reason for not having one.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I don't think I want my implant anymore . . .

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

I got a flu shot before my last rotation of trade route watch.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 1 month ago

I know someone with a 2-year old inventory of unused new N-95 masks.

Woof, woof.

gphawk89 4 years, 1 month ago

Given that the vaccine is grown in eggs (to which I'm severely allergic) I didn't used to get the shot. Now that I'm trying to protect my little one from the flu, I get it anyway. Makes for a miserable couple of days.

George_Braziller 4 years, 1 month ago

No flu shot for me. I know two people who came down with the flu after getting a flu shot. First time they had ever gotten the shot, first time they ever had the flu. They both swore they'd never get another one again.