Previous   Next

Who is your favorite superhero?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 2, 2011

Browse the archives

“Batman, because he is a muscular genius.”

“Scott Pilgrim, though he’s not technically a superhero.”

“My friend Kenneth. There really is a comic strip about him.”

“Captain America.”

Comments

Odeo 2 years, 6 months ago

Odeo 2 years, 6 months ago

Heck, I think I'll shoot off a "birdshot" #6 just from this conversation.... Ain't no birds out, though. Sorry, if I wake ya...

"Rara_Avis (anonymous) says…

The ones with guns. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtmEDb..."

Rara_Avis. So you like guns...So do I. Hope you like this song. Is very soothing..

And, this dude is an Ausie?? WTF??

"autie (anonymous) says…

Hey gearheads, my truck has just randomly died while driving down the street...just up and quit....then it fires right back up and everything runs fine. Any speculation? I added a can of sea foam and filled it then drove about 10 miles highway speed...it died once but fired right back up and went on (I was going 65)...sat in front of the house and idled for ten minutes..ran fine....gremlins?"

Autie, not a gear head. But, if you were running ANY air, could be a pump or just a belt. Check your belts. Particularly to the water pump. If that one throws, or loosens up, it will take out your battery. My best guess.

Otherwise, try My_Life and "Indyan Lovestone of course."

bearded_gnome 2 years, 6 months ago

You Sarah! a girl after my own heart! was gonna cite Doc Savage too! when I was in 7th grade I always walked around with one of his paperbacks in my back pocket.
cool.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 6 months ago

Who is your favorite superhero?

---sexist pigs! should read: "Who is your favorite superhero or superheroine?"

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 6 months ago

Lash LaRue, back in the 1940's-1950's he was the" Man with the Whip " each Sat. at the movies, always dressed in black and had at his side that long bull whip. I think he was the actor who taught Harrison Ford to use the whip in his Indiana Jones movies, those were the days.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 6 months ago

Hey AJ, we don't thread here, and it's always an open forum.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 6 months ago

Autie, I would suggest putting a gallon of water in the gas tank, just to make sure everything's clean. But then it depends. Do you have fuelie heads? Maybe a Hurst on the floor? Glass Packs? Smittys? Try lettin' 'er sit down in the parking lot, outside the 7-11 store. If it's a Ford, you're probably out of luck.

autie 2 years, 6 months ago

We don't live in North Korea....and I'll put an open question on if I want to...Nobody likes super heroes anyway. Nobody.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

Second guess was fuel filter, had an Olds Cutlass that did that.

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 6 months ago

Felix the Cat, the wonderful wonderful cat

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly a thread gets hijacked on these boards.

autie 2 years, 6 months ago

plugs/wires fairly new...two years maybe, less than 20K. Last time I saw this was in a F 350 that was picking crap in the fuel tank and sucking it up on the screen....so when you stopped it all fell off and the truck would start back up...until it sloshed just right again.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

One of my old Fords did that. Computer mod was overheating due to old plugs/plug wires and would shut down until it cooled.

autie 2 years, 6 months ago

Bill Lee 2 years, 6 months ago

When I was at UCLA back in the mid-60s, one of the local bars had a superhero called Captain 4Q in its commercials and print ads. He's still one of my heros.

thuja 2 years, 6 months ago

I thought Professor Chaos and General Disarray were supervillains, not superheroes?

Watching Butters descend into the dark side is one of my more favorite sequences from the show. And damm straight, poor lil' guy.

thebcman 2 years, 6 months ago

Autie just beat me to it. Spacehog aka Hollis Brown.

autie 2 years, 6 months ago

General Disaray or Spacehog.

LadyJ 2 years, 6 months ago

Joseph Gayetty, the inventor of toilet paper.

My_Life 2 years, 6 months ago

Indyan Lovestone of course.

Bill Lee 2 years, 6 months ago

Submariner, especially in the Golden Age comics. He kicked ass fighting the Nazis and Japs during WWII.

RugerLCP 2 years, 6 months ago

Sorry Orgazmo, Parker & Stone

Our Helen??

C'mon....And, Andy rarely gets irritated.....

Odeo 2 years, 6 months ago

Thomas. Could you please ask your friend what the frequency is? Have been waiting on this. So has Dan.

Odeo 2 years, 6 months ago

Not sure why my post duplicated.....or did it? Had some great "shrooms" todaayy.......

Odeo 2 years, 6 months ago

Answer: My Dad. Hope you don't delete this, Miss Crump.

Odeo 2 years, 6 months ago

Answer: My Dad. Hope you don't delete this, Miss Crump.

Odeo 2 years, 6 months ago

I said "Oh, God. Nice Crew..." And the comment was deleted??? Is KU_Law holding the throttle now? Sorry, Miss Crump.