Previous   Next

Do you enjoy listening to holiday music?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 26, 2011

Browse the archives

“I don’t really care for holiday music — I can get tired of it after a while.”

“Yes.”

“Absolutely. I get excited. ”

“I enjoy listening every so often. My mom listens 24/7; I can’t do that.”

Comments

tange 2 years, 4 months ago

Well, I have arrived home early, unexpectedly from Xmas shopping to find my house rockin' out to... Greensleeves...

Paul R Getto 2 years, 4 months ago

I like the Sousa marches they play around the 4th of July. The Winter Solstice music can get old.

purplesage 2 years, 4 months ago

Christmas music - yes. That holiday stuff, falalala etc. not so much.

Loki 2 years, 4 months ago

I listen to Pink Floyd's Money. Gets me in the mood to celebrate the holiday of excessive materialism that everyone celebrates while whinning to put the Christ back in Christmas.

countrygirl 2 years, 4 months ago

Hard to be in a bad mood when you hear the hippotamus song! But aside from that I can only take it in short doses until very close to Christmas.

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

Holiday music always makes me think of this sequence from a Dick Van Dyke episode:

Antonym 2 years, 4 months ago

I like to hum Jingle Bells every where I go so that others can enjoy it.

Christine Anderson 2 years, 4 months ago

I like Christmas music, but I refuse to listen to it until about Dec. 15th. The whole reason radio stations start with it Nov.1st. is to get us to buy, buy, buy. The commercialism of it makes me ill. Besides, it should be illegal to play it when there is no snow on the ground!

My_Life 2 years, 4 months ago

Only the songs about Jesus and the real meaning of Christmas.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

Just Mariah Carey. She ruins everything she touches. First she destroyed "Without You", the Harry Nilsson classic. Yes I know Badfinger wrote it, but Harry did it best. Then "Oh Holy Night", my favorite Christmas song. She managed to squeeze 7 notes out of evry single word.

BABBOY 2 years, 5 months ago

As teen, I worked for K-Mart to make money

They played that crap non-stop. Not for me.......

Richard Payton 2 years, 5 months ago

Does the Rock Chalk chant count as Holiday music? If it does count as holiday music, I never get tired of it.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 5 months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHioIl... One of the best pieces of Christmas music ever made. Timeless. TSO rocks. This is the "official" video so you'll have to live through an advertisement first. But it's worth the high quality.

autie 2 years, 5 months ago

I can't wait for Red Santa Down...one of the best South Parks ever.

tange 2 years, 5 months ago

I enjoy ALL varieties of music.

... 'cept, of course, Irish jig music—tin whistles are nails on a blackboard, IMNSHO.

... oh, and '¢eptin' that stuff RET like$.

autie 2 years, 5 months ago

If you need to get psyched up to go to the Wal Marts like me, here ya go:

autie 2 years, 5 months ago

Errrr,..uh..I guess I do like that Grandma got runned over by a reindeer song..and we always listen up to Roy D. Mercer's that night afore Christmas and the old stand by, jingle fist.

labmonkey 2 years, 5 months ago

I only like one Christmas song (Oh Holy Night), and I do not want to hear it until December 24. Otherwise, I want to throw a hammer at the TV every there is a commercial with The Nutcracker Ballet in the background.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 5 months ago

I feel like driving nails through my eardrums whenever I walk into a store playing overproduced hack versions of Christmas music.

autie 2 years, 5 months ago

I just got ZZ Top's "Rio Grande Mud" on my Ipod. Screw christmas music.

♣free Emma Sullivan♣

prospector 2 years, 5 months ago

The dogs barking "Jingle Bells" fires me up this time of year.

I got Beiber fever with my new hero Emma Sullivan.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

A little goes a long way . . .

BMI 2 years, 5 months ago

Bing, White Christmas album

classclown 2 years, 5 months ago

Do you enjoy listening to holiday music? Asked at Asked on Massachusetts Street on November 26, 2011

======================================

Where is Asked on Massachusetts Street?

Is it a store? If so, what kind of store is it?

Is it a special booth where they ask all the questions they ask on Massachusetts street?

Is the booth like the one in that Ford commercial where a mirrored box opens up and a reporter jumps out and asks startled passersby a question?

pace 2 years, 5 months ago

I love holiday music, I find it complex, simple, lovely, trashy, spiritual, sweet, cheerful, sad, historic, modern. Everyone shines in their holiday songs.