Previous   Next

How often, if at all, do you recycle?

Asked at Asked at Dillons, 4701 W 6th St. on November 15, 2011

Browse the archives

“I’m pretty bad. But I might get better — my daughter just moved in with me and now we recycle plastic sacks and cans.”

“I don’t recycle, unfortunately. I lived in Europe for four years and it was mandatory there.”

“I recycle when I’m at a friend’s house who does, or when I’m at work.”

“I recycle plastic and aluminum. I give cans to the Boy Scouts, who recycle them.”

Comments

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

Well, let me segue from the 'why do you smoke' question to 'how in the hell do you manage all those empty beer bottles' question. We haul 'em all in to WallyWorld. Lemme see, three-12 packs a week plus the occasional gin & bourbon bottle sends me packin' all the glass to town about once a month.
I have a bowl full of corks, but I don't remember what I did with the wine bottles.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

Aluminum only. Everything else is a pain in the . . .

blindrabbit 3 years, 1 month ago

7 separate boxes in garage, aluminum cans, steel cans, glass, chipboard, corrugate, 1&2 plastic, newspaper/magazines, all to Walmart. We are 10 miles outside town, so trips about twice a month. Cut our trash by 2/3rds.

tbaker 3 years, 1 month ago

2-3 times a year I take the sack of crushed beer cans out of the shop to the recycle guy. It pays for the gas to drive down there.

pure_republication 3 years, 1 month ago

Everyday. We pile it in the garage and take it to WallyWorld once each month!

Liberty275 3 years, 1 month ago

I keep threatening to put into my will that I'm to be ground up and fed to my dogs upon my demise. My wife doesn't like the idea.

As for Jesus, he isn't coming back. We trash-people can remain unalarmed,

Liberty275 3 years, 1 month ago

"I have a brand knew dozen to greet me"

I think 12 a day means you need to find help. Or not.

"after you drink it, and then drink it again the next morning"

I see what you did there.

LadyJ 3 years, 1 month ago

I recycled a husband years ago, threw him back into the pile.

jonas_opines 3 years, 1 month ago

I just molt, from time to time. About due, too. My skins getting all scaly and flaky.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

CyberKnight (anonymous) says… "I think that if you think the guy is gone, you are dreaming. I'd be keeping my head down." March 9, 2010 at 7:44 p.m." .

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

"I kind of miss ole Marion sometimes...or..do I?"

hmm...maybe your sights need adjustment, or perhaps he's wearing kevlar.

Kendall Simmons 3 years, 1 month ago

We recycle just about everything. We pay a local recycling service to pick stuff up because that works best for us (and for our local economy). Use Freecycle regularly. Drop stuff off at Penn House. Share with friends and family. Recycling...it just seems like a practical thing to do.

budwhysir 3 years, 1 month ago

most probably dont remember the big debate that occured when the number 2 pencil was introduced. This time of disruption in the pencil industry caused a major stir among those in the ink pen industry.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

R_I . . . Buyin', loadin' , or shootin'? If I gets any more I'll have to add on to the bunker . . .

budwhysir 3 years, 1 month ago

Yes, just by reading I can tell most dont remember the pencil problem. One major hurdle of this debate was the fact that a pencil can not be recycled due to the fact that parts of it end up in so many different areas. The ecological effect of sharpening a number 2 pencil well out weight the benefits of using a pen that contains plastic and can be recycled. After so many years, when will this debate be solved.

Bill Lee 3 years, 1 month ago

Not as much as I used to, nor nearly as much as I should. I recycle printer cartridges. I also reuse dishes, glasses and flatware after washing them. Oh, I also reuse my cookware and clothing. It really is amazing how many things can be used again with just a little soap and water.

Liberty275 3 years, 1 month ago

I recycle when I get money for doing it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

Oh, and batteries! Geez, we didn't realize how many batteries we were using until we started saving them for the recycle bin at Best Buy.

Centerville 3 years, 1 month ago

I used to take cans to Wal Mart until one Saturday when about 15 of the aging boomers were there and it looked like they were supplicating at Stations of the Recyling Diety. Very creepy but, aside from the epiphany, I've since gained back of lot of time, effort and gasoline to devote to things I'd rather do.

Kirk Larson 3 years, 1 month ago

I am a compulsive recycler. Aluminum cardboard chipboard steel cans paper glass whatever plastics I can CFL's and I compost. As such, I rarely put out a can for trash pick up.

1029 3 years, 1 month ago

Only when I can't find a trash can. Or when I'm out on a date with a hippie girl and want to impress her with my earth-saving know-how.