Previous   Next

How frequently do you see a doctor?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“I go every time my wife tells me to.”

“I saw a doctor three weeks ago because I had a sinus infection.”

“Yearly or when I’m sick. Not very often.”

“In India, I go once every year for a check-in.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

More often than I change socks . . .

jackpot 2 years, 9 months ago

As of late too often. It's an age thing.

Bill Lee 2 years, 9 months ago

I go in for an oil change and lube every three months. My next appointment's in about six weeks. Oh, that reminds me I forgot to take my meds today. I wonder if 2 am on Saturday still counts as Friday.

SeaFox 2 years, 9 months ago

I'd go more often if my employer hadn't changed us to a third-rate insurance company a few years back to save money.

ResQd 2 years, 9 months ago

Totally agree on this one. I have medical insurance, but cannot afford to go see a doctor, unless i have an emergency. With all of the upfront crap my insurance charges me, such as co-pays and deductibles, it starts to rack up some charges.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

My kid says I get a new surgery when I feel I'm not getting enough attention. She suggests a lobotomy next.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

"I go for my check in twice a year. I check in, she checks me out, I check her out, then we're done."

Check, check, double check. That'll be $200.

Can I write you a check?

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

Like Jackpot, the older I get, the more frequently I go. next apptmt in January, am gonna ask the doc if I can have some of those pretty pills I see on tv. I like the blue ones, don't really care what they're for, usually cain't tell from the commercials anyway.

Mary Darst 2 years, 9 months ago

Only once a year to get my Happy Pills refilled.

classclown 2 years, 9 months ago

I only see a doctor when self surgery or self medication is not an option. Last time I went to see a doctor was 5 or 6 years ago.

I am fortunate in that the company I work for does not demand a doctor's excuse anytime I should call in sick.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 9 months ago

I see them walking up and down the halls all the time.

Linda Endicott 2 years, 9 months ago

I never see a doctor unless it's absolutely necessary, as my health insurance plan sucks...which of course means I wait until the last possible moment and probably end up making the situation worse...

average 2 years, 9 months ago

Annually, roughly, now that I am insured with a plan that encourages one 'wellness' check a year. Before that, I think I went 15 years without seeing one once.

I'm pretty sure my 'primary care physician' couldn't pick me out of a lineup as being one of 'his patients'. I could only barely pick him out of a lineup. I wouldn't mind it staying that way for another 20 years or more.