Previous   Next

Do you drink bottled or tap water more often?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on November 3, 2011

Browse the archives

“Tap. Bottled is too expensive. ”

“Bottled water. I don’t really trust tap water. ”

“I have mostly had bottled water since I moved here from the country. The water was fresher back home. ”

“Tap water. It doesn’t cost much.”

Comments

beatrice 3 years, 1 month ago

beer on tap is better -- ask prospector.

labmonkey 3 years, 1 month ago

Lawrence tap water is horrible.... I am surprised that those who drink it don't end up with kidney stones.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 1 month ago

I've heard that many of those bottled water companies just use tap water. I can't believe how many people are suckered into buying bottled water. Biggest scam of the century. But whatever. Maybe bottled water is imbued with magic pixie dust. Or cocaine or something.

pure_republication 3 years, 1 month ago

Bottled water is actually tap water that is filter once again.

Bill Lee 3 years, 1 month ago

Most bottled water is tap water from somewhere else. I only drink bottled water in the car. That's because I don't have a tap there.

heybluekc 3 years, 1 month ago

So let me get this straight. Bottled water that sets in a plastic bottle for months on end in a warehouse getting warm and getting cold with all those plastic chemicals leeching into the water is a good thing. I very rarely buy bottled water. If its filtered the filtering system they use is not very good because it tastes like %$C#@

TopJayhawk 3 years, 1 month ago

If you drink bottled water you are stupid, or you make too much money.

appleaday 3 years, 1 month ago

Dave Barry once said, "Can't you imagine the corporate high-fives when they realized they could bottle water and sell it?"

Scott Morgan 3 years, 1 month ago

Our well water is well good. We do very basic filtering, just the inline replaceable type.

Oh, big myth, well water being cheap. It is until lightning hits the pump house. Oh well.

grammaddy 3 years, 1 month ago

Tap, filtered through the pitcher. Bottled water isn't allowed here. Which landfill needs more plastic?

cthulhu_4_president 3 years, 1 month ago

'Evian' spelled backwards is........ 'nuff said.

Kyle Neuer 3 years, 1 month ago

Tap through a filter. Cheap and easy.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 1 month ago

The riots are only going to get worse. Those with ammo will be able to get bottled water.

Richard Payton 3 years, 1 month ago

Marines stationed at Camp Lejeune from 1957-1987 should check out watersurvivors.com that explains the toxins in the water at the base.

pace 3 years, 1 month ago

I drink tap water but when I am on the road, I will buy bottled water. I don't buy pop or beer.

pace 3 years, 1 month ago

When I am up East I don't buy soda.

Dispersant 3 years, 1 month ago

Filtered tap water in a stainless steel container for mobile use. If you haven't already, you should check out these great movies on the subject (directly/indirectly)...

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

Maybe we should pray for one them giant ice ball comets to fall outa the sky and bring us some more of that space water . . .

fsteacher 3 years, 1 month ago

Another downside to the advent of bottled water: On the rare occasion I stop in at a fast food place, I've asked for a cup for water, but have been told I need to buy a bottle if I want one. Anyone else have that happen?

Richard Heckler 3 years, 1 month ago

Plastic and oil are partners = cut way back on both.

It is not worth the lives lost to war and cancer,the corrupt tax dollar subsidies,the constant corruption of government officials that lack self discipline and certainly not worth this:

Ozone is a gas that occurs both in the Earth's upper atmosphere and at ground level. Ozone can be "good" or "bad" for people's health and for the environment, depending on its location in the atmosphere. For an overview of both ozone issues, see Good Up High, Bad Nearby.

Ground-level Ozone In the troposphere, the air closest to the Earth's surface, ground-level or "bad" ozone is a pollutant that is a significant health risk, especially for children with asthma. It also damages crops, trees and other vegetation. It is a main ingredient of urban smog.

* Basic information about ground-level ozone including EPA’s National Ambient Air Quality Standards for ground-level ozone pollution
* AirNow: Current ground level ozone levels where you live

Stratospheric Ozone The stratosphere, or "good" ozone layer extends upward from about 6 to 30 miles and protects life on Earth from the sun's harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. This natural shield has been gradually depleted by man-made chemicals like chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). A depleted ozone shield allows more UV radiation to reach the ground, leading to more cases of skin cancer, cataracts, and other health and environmental problems.

* Basic information about stratospheric ozone
* UV Index: Current forecasts of UV intensity where you live
* SunWise: Information on protecting yourself from UV rays

hibiscus4 3 years, 1 month ago

I usually prefer to drink tap water that is filtered and stored in my fridge. Filtering tap water is a cheap and easy solution. On the rare occasion that I choose between tap and bottled water I prefer bottled. This is because i'm usually on the go and bottled water is more convient and i've also heard that bottled water is filtered one more time than tap water. I'm not sure if this is a true statement but i would rather be safe than sorry.