Previous   Next

Are there any ingredients in cosmetic products that you avoid?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa on May 16, 2011

Browse the archives

“No, I can’t say I use that many.”

“I’m kind of embarrassed but no.”

“I avoid cosmetic products in general.”

Comments

Gene Wallace 3 years, 2 months ago

Sunscreens with Titanium Dioxide. The stuff bleaches your skin while protecting(?) you from sunburn.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 2 months ago

Anything containing large quantities of DHMO. More people die each year from contact with DHMO than all other causes of untimely death.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

I always wear camouflage makeup when I go to my favorite sandbar shooting spot . . . Lately it has been causing me to break out with massive oozing sores. I make it myself with crushed organic material I harvest . . . I mean pick along the railroad tracks and agricultural chemicals I found in an old barn. None of which I can talkbout.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

This morning at 1:38 the dog started barking and wouldn't let up. Racing to the bathroom I applied gray and green camo facepaint under my eyes, jumped into my camo flip-flops along with a camo t-shirt to match my camo boxers and armed myself appropriately. The noises coming from the hallway let me know whatever was upsetting the dog was getting close. Stepping into the hall in my best Schwarzenegger pose, I flipped on the barrel mounted high intensity Mag-light® at the same instant as the laser. There in my sights was a mouse trapped by one foot dragging the trap along the wall. Fearing multiple shotgun blasts might upset Mrs Roe I determined this situation could best be handled by Tommy The Basement Cat. I hope he doesn't make too much of a mess down there . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

In my younger days I had a boss that shot at a mouse in his kitchen with his pistol. Don't think he got the mouse but the bullet went through to the next apartment. Yeah, he was an idiot to work for too although he was usually high, as was the rest of the employees at that restaurant. Some days I was the only one working that wasn't high.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 2 months ago

White lead, even though it's difficult to get the classic Fratellini look without it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

SpaghettiOs celebrates forty-six years on your grocers shelves today. I wonder if it is still edible. Or if it ever was.

somedude20 3 years, 2 months ago

Semen!!! Avoid it all costs!!!

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

The FDA granted self regulation to the cosmetics industry in 1938. Soaps, shampoos and deodorants can also contain potentially dangerous ingredients. All hail HollisBrown!! He does it right!

wmathews 3 years, 2 months ago

Yeah, it surprises me that it's not linking to the story either. I'll see if we can get that fixed. For reference, it's here: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/may...

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Oh NO! Whitney, call me. I can fix this.

Richard Payton 3 years, 2 months ago

IM Frenchie on a powerful power trip. Now in Harlem without bail the plutonium from DNA will surely tell.

Kontum1972 3 years, 2 months ago

yes Heroin.....and rat feces...sure fire wrinkle killer

countrygirl 3 years, 2 months ago

Anything from Mary Kay. Makes me break out and I don't want to look like I have leather for skin.