Previous   Next

What was the last professional sporting event you attended?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“The Bengals versus the Chargers in 2006.”

“A Thrashers game back in high school.”

“A Royals game.”

“The Chicago Bears.”

Comments

50YearResident 2 years, 11 months ago

I wanted to see a sporting event in KC and Sporting KC came to mind but Sporting KC has been on a Losing streak with Sporting and thats not too sporting so for now going to see a sporting event in KC eliminates Sporting KC. Got that?

Joe Blackford II 2 years, 11 months ago

The Dead Man's RumĀ© International Handicapped Mumblety-peg Finals, in the Caribbean with Captains Barbossa & Sparrow.

Newell_Post 2 years, 11 months ago

December 25, 1971. There was only one professional sporting event that day....

DustyAcres 2 years, 11 months ago

Nascar races in KC. Also have been to several hockey games.

independant1 2 years, 11 months ago

got free box tkts for Dallas Stars hockey game last year. took the wifey, she thought (fighting) it was staged. had a good trip and a good time though

Bill Lee 2 years, 11 months ago

My record for Royals games is 1991, when I went to 48 in KC and one in Chicago. I have to pay for tickets now, so I don't go as often.

inmate 2 years, 11 months ago

Hollis, I sure hope you aren't pretty.

pace 2 years, 11 months ago

my uncle took me to the horse races when I was 12. that is it for professional sports. I attended a Jr high football game 50 years ago. kind of boring.

riverdrifter 2 years, 11 months ago

Been to 3 Royals games this spring. They won all three. It was fun watching them kick Yankee butt last night on the tube. The times, they are a changin'.

Deja Coffin 2 years, 11 months ago

We go to a couple of Royals game every season. My husband is a big Royals fan, in fact our son's 1st birthday party will have a Royals theme to it. I enjoy going to the games, especially when we got to sit in the crown seating, but I'm not big on watching them on t.v.

gphawk89 2 years, 11 months ago

Several MLB games every summer. Our goal is to visit every MLB stadium - but we've only been to ten so far. Used to go to a Chiefs game every year when my dad could get good tickets, but that dried up quite a while back. No interest in ever seeing a NBA game.

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

This morning on a Topeka country and western radio station, the call in question was "Should Pole Dancing be allowed as an Olympic event"? Evidently they had a lot of people call in about that one. Now if Hollis was here, his comment to that one would probably get disappearded.

g_rock 2 years, 11 months ago

Orlando Magic game just in January........HEEEEEDO! love him lots.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

damn..do you save this stuff in advance? XD

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Nah, multi you know Mrs Roe would never let me have that many tattoos. Finally after forty years of not smoking she allowed me to get this one. I still haven't figured out why everyone who sees it burst out laughing. Lotsa people smoked that brand.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

Prospector, it's not right to out Roe on the OTS!

prospector 2 years, 11 months ago

Hollis, don't plead on the trumped up charges. You have the right to ride your bike around town wearing a thong.

prospector 2 years, 11 months ago

I heard Hollis was caught dancing to "Common" on the lawn at Cedar Crest without a shirt on. Mrs. Brownback got a serious case of the Vapors. Hazmat was called in when security "would not touch him with a ten foot pole" because he hasn't had that bath yet.

After seeing that, Smillin' Sammy wants Menninger back across the street for a quicker response next time.

kernal 2 years, 11 months ago

Suns vs Celtics in Phoenix so long ago, I've lost count.

Bob Harvey 2 years, 11 months ago

Chiefs for the last 20 years. If they strike it will like the Royals since 94. Not again.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

Question. Does competitor growler lifting at Free State qualify ?

KU_Dude 2 years, 11 months ago

Mud wrestling at the Flamingo Club.

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

Hollis? Where are you? And it seems somebody might have gotten lost in the tofu patch this morning. Tofu is French you know. It means "soft yucky crap".

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 11 months ago

"The Brew to Brew Run. You have to be a pro to run it drunk." Prospector

I always did the first leg from Boulevard Brewery to the old factory. Drank the rest of the day!

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

I used to go to the gym six days/week, had my own bench at home and rode my bike daily for one hour, mostly hill country out here. Once you start benching 315# you start getting noticed at the gym. By the time you get to 365# there gets to be too much man to man grab a$$ congratulations. That cr@p makes me uncomfortable. Especially when they follow you to the shower

prospector 2 years, 11 months ago

The Brew to Brew Run. You have to be a pro to run it drunk.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 11 months ago

Babboy -

Don't listen to Autie. Embrace your hate. It is quite humorous to the rest of us.

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

CW, then they must not got no internets in jail like the lieberry does cause he wood had been on it if he could.

Babboy you need to embrace the new karma dude....too much hate isn't good for you.

BABBOY 2 years, 11 months ago

I go to about 8 college football games a year. More if bowl games are of interest.

But, have not been to a Chiefs game in long time. Hate the NFL because they pass the ball way too much. The Chiefs like to run so maybe I will go this year.

I went to a Royals game two years ago went they started off good and might go this year if they keep it interesting ......

Oddyly, I did go to ladies US open way back.....

Hate basketball and never go. Hate hockey even worse......

CWGOKU 2 years, 11 months ago

KU basketball game. They get paid ya know.

Rumor has it Hollis is in jail, again. My source is a good one.

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

I saw the A's at old Memorial Stadium. Mickey Mantle struck out four times...I was crushed. But the cool guy at the concession place gave us a bunch of Chiefs stuff..team books and programs. That must have been about 1965 or so...

I took the Princess to a Royals game last year so she could see her favorite team win. (the Red Sox)

Flap Doodle 2 years, 11 months ago

I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out. (almost the oldest joke in the world)

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 11 months ago

The in-laws made me take them to a Royals game a couple summers ago. I'm not really a baseball fan and hate throwing away money to the Glass family unless it is the fishing/hunting section at Wal-Mart.

fleeba 2 years, 11 months ago

Harlem Globetrotters - about 1990

Andini 2 years, 11 months ago

Cougar fights at The Oread.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 11 months ago

Cage fight, but I had to leave early, so I only got to see the chicks fight, but It was a pretty impressive standing guillotine choke.

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

Do auctions count, somebody wins? Watched people when the doors opened for Black Friday once.

jonas_opines 2 years, 11 months ago

Dang, if we're not counting the Jayhawk B-Ball games the last two years. . . .

I'd guess a Royal's game, pre-strike.

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 11 months ago

Hey Roe, that is the same section I had a seat in down in the old KC ball park, but mine was behind a steel column.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Kansas City Athletics, summer of 1956. What a waste of time! Plus my seat was right behind a concrete column lined up perfectly with home plate and first base. And they lost. Hell of a way to introduce professional sports to an eight year old.

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 11 months ago

1996 - The Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

Define 'sporting event'. (if I typed more, you'd only see a faint gray box)

Bill Lee 2 years, 11 months ago

A Royals game. The K is a great place to spend a warm evening. Not much fun when it rains, though.

deec 2 years, 11 months ago

Stars On Ice, Scott Hamilton farewell tour.

Gene Wallace 2 years, 11 months ago