Previous   Next

What was the last professional sporting event you attended?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“The Bengals versus the Chargers in 2006.”

“A Thrashers game back in high school.”

“A Royals game.”

“The Chicago Bears.”

Comments

Gene Wallace 3 years, 7 months ago

Dodgers vs Padres - Summer 1987 in San Diego - Family Day Out

deec 3 years, 7 months ago

Stars On Ice, Scott Hamilton farewell tour.

Bill Lee 3 years, 7 months ago

A Royals game. The K is a great place to spend a warm evening. Not much fun when it rains, though.

H_Lecter 3 years, 7 months ago

2010 - The Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Kansas City Athletics, summer of 1956. What a waste of time! Plus my seat was right behind a concrete column lined up perfectly with home plate and first base. And they lost. Hell of a way to introduce professional sports to an eight year old.

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 7 months ago

Hey Roe, that is the same section I had a seat in down in the old KC ball park, but mine was behind a steel column.

jonas_opines 3 years, 7 months ago

Dang, if we're not counting the Jayhawk B-Ball games the last two years. . . .

I'd guess a Royal's game, pre-strike.

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

Do auctions count, somebody wins? Watched people when the doors opened for Black Friday once.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 7 months ago

I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out. (almost the oldest joke in the world)

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

I used to go to the gym six days/week, had my own bench at home and rode my bike daily for one hour, mostly hill country out here. Once you start benching 315# you start getting noticed at the gym. By the time you get to 365# there gets to be too much man to man grab a$$ congratulations. That cr@p makes me uncomfortable. Especially when they follow you to the shower

Bob Harvey 3 years, 7 months ago

Chiefs for the last 20 years. If they strike it will like the Royals since 94. Not again.

kernal 3 years, 7 months ago

Suns vs Celtics in Phoenix so long ago, I've lost count.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Nah, multi you know Mrs Roe would never let me have that many tattoos. Finally after forty years of not smoking she allowed me to get this one. I still haven't figured out why everyone who sees it burst out laughing. Lotsa people smoked that brand.

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

This morning on a Topeka country and western radio station, the call in question was "Should Pole Dancing be allowed as an Olympic event"? Evidently they had a lot of people call in about that one. Now if Hollis was here, his comment to that one would probably get disappearded.

gphawk89 3 years, 7 months ago

Several MLB games every summer. Our goal is to visit every MLB stadium - but we've only been to ten so far. Used to go to a Chiefs game every year when my dad could get good tickets, but that dried up quite a while back. No interest in ever seeing a NBA game.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

We go to a couple of Royals game every season. My husband is a big Royals fan, in fact our son's 1st birthday party will have a Royals theme to it. I enjoy going to the games, especially when we got to sit in the crown seating, but I'm not big on watching them on t.v.

riverdrifter 3 years, 7 months ago

Been to 3 Royals games this spring. They won all three. It was fun watching them kick Yankee butt last night on the tube. The times, they are a changin'.

pace 3 years, 7 months ago

my uncle took me to the horse races when I was 12. that is it for professional sports. I attended a Jr high football game 50 years ago. kind of boring.

Bill Lee 3 years, 7 months ago

My record for Royals games is 1991, when I went to 48 in KC and one in Chicago. I have to pay for tickets now, so I don't go as often.

independant1 3 years, 7 months ago

got free box tkts for Dallas Stars hockey game last year. took the wifey, she thought (fighting) it was staged. had a good trip and a good time though

DustyAcres 3 years, 7 months ago

Nascar races in KC. Also have been to several hockey games.

Newell_Post 3 years, 7 months ago

December 25, 1971. There was only one professional sporting event that day....

Joe Blackford II 3 years, 7 months ago

The Dead Man's Rum© International Handicapped Mumblety-peg Finals, in the Caribbean with Captains Barbossa & Sparrow.

50YearResident 3 years, 7 months ago

I wanted to see a sporting event in KC and Sporting KC came to mind but Sporting KC has been on a Losing streak with Sporting and thats not too sporting so for now going to see a sporting event in KC eliminates Sporting KC. Got that?