Previous   Next

Have you ever adopted a pet?

Asked at Pet World, 711 West 23rd St. on May 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“Yes, from the Humane Society. It was a kitten.”

“Yes, a Great Dane.”

“Yes, my kids and I have. We recently adopted a cat.”

“I have, a rat terrier.”

Related story

Comments

Kontum1972 2 years, 11 months ago

yes...then i gave it to a vietnamese family for thanksgiving....

mom_of_three 2 years, 11 months ago

yep, all four we currently were adopted.

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

I ain't never had no sploding strawberries. saw a still splode one time...but that was over by Cedar Vale.

I gots too many pets.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 11 months ago

The strawberries are exploding! The strawberries are exploding! The strawberries are exploding!

g_rock 2 years, 11 months ago

I've decided I'm putting myself up for adoption. I've had all of my shots.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 11 months ago

I've had my first interaction with Knology since the sale of Sunflower. Not good. The dude in Georgia told me all Knology offices are open from 9 - 6 on Saturday. The damn store wasn't even open. Still better than Time Warner. I'd still be on hold waiting to talk with someone from India. I stopped by the booze store to make me feel better.

Hollis Lives!!!

HollisBrown 2 years, 11 months ago

I live in a trailer park. They threw in a couple of ferrets in my lease. Terrible pets.

HollisBrown 2 years, 11 months ago

I only adopt pets from the liquor strore. Today I'm adopting 4 cases of Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull, a 6 pack of King Cobra, 3 quarts of Wild Turkey, and a couple pints of Old Crow.

BABBOY 2 years, 11 months ago

My wife. Good little pet......

labmonkey 2 years, 11 months ago

We adopted our first dog from a municipal pound, and the second dog showed up at work one night, so I took her home and we kept her after trying in vain to find a possible owner and sinking a couple hundred dollars into her at the vet.

g_rock 2 years, 11 months ago

Jeffery is the mutant tiger cricket that lives behind my couch. I didn't adopt him as much as I was just too lazy to move the couch in order to evict him.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

We were adopted by our pets. The first time Betsy the Wonder Dog stepped into the house she promptly defecated behind the dining room table as if to announce "Eh, this will do." Tommy The Basement Cat will occasionally snag the backs of our calves with his razor sharp claws when he feels we haven't been attentive enough. A few weeks ago I asked Mrs Roe if we might get a parrot, as I had grown up in a house where my parents always had birds. I think she is weakening from her original response as it has now softened to "Not a snowball's chance in HELL!!"

Betsy came from a Keeshond rescue organization and Tommy is feline leukemia positive (with no current symptoms) rescue that was headed for certain euthanasia.

Bill Lee 2 years, 11 months ago

No. I've thought about it, but haven't done it yet.

jackpot 2 years, 11 months ago

Yes, turned it into a service dog.