Previous   Next

At what point do you turn on your air conditioning?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 12, 2011

Browse the archives

“I just moved here from Seattle, so pretty much as soon as I got here.”

“Two weeks ago. I melt here.”

“As soon as it’s too hot to sleep without sweating.”

“I’ve already done it.”

Comments

riverdrifter 2 years, 11 months ago

Multi, where in the hell do you come up with this stuff? Jesus!

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

Uh, thanks, I guess for the visual CW. But to be honest, I don't want to think of any of you sticking to the sheets. :)

Hollis, the pond critters will enjoy the fresh meat for a change. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JPCHJS92fc&NR=1

HollisBrown 2 years, 11 months ago

My comments today are monitored and limited. They only give you 5 minutes/day of internet time in jail. I've been stinking pretty bad for a month now but I have no A/C at home. I'm roughing it, like they do in the Philippines, my future home. I am due for a bath on June 12 at 10am at Potter's Pond.

MyName 2 years, 11 months ago

It's not really the heat it's the sticky humidity that decides things. If I go to open the windows and realize it's like a steam room out there, then it's time to turn on the A/C. But it never goes below 75 when I'm there and 80+ when I'm at work.

CWGOKU 2 years, 11 months ago

When my sweat makes me stick to the sheets in bed, then I turn it on. I try to hold off until Memorial weekend.

Was Hollis in that van? We have not heard from him today and I need to know his thoughts on A/C.

Thanks for the visual Psycho, I am going to go vomit now

Flap Doodle 2 years, 11 months ago

When I start sweating while waving my big puppet around, it's time to switch on the AC.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 11 months ago

"Does anyone know what was going on at Checker's yesterday afternoon @ 6:00 pm? The police had 1/3 of the lot taped off and there was a blanket hanging over the open door of a minivan."

Suicide attempt. Whit has a blog about it.

g_rock 2 years, 11 months ago

Tomorrow's question:

Why does BabBoy need to turn on the AC if he is a grumpy bear and lives in a cave in the first place?

Norma Jeane Baker 2 years, 11 months ago

I don't turn it on. Ever. Not here and not in Lawrence. Open windows and a fan are just fine for me.

prospector 2 years, 11 months ago

psycho_theclown 2 years, 11 months ago

When I get that swamp thing going & need to wring them out.
Man, do I hate that chaffing with the festering puss-filled sores.

Thanks for asking...

Finnbar1 2 years, 11 months ago

I only turn on it when it stops working. Most of the time I like it just fine.

BABBOY 2 years, 11 months ago

I turn it on when it hot outside.

What stupid flipping question.

Tomorrow, they will ask: When do you break down and get a drink of water? Answer: When I am thirsty.

prospector 2 years, 11 months ago

"Mychal Johnson, home brewer, Lawrence"

You have to admire the unsung heroes that care enough to stay home with their babies.

prospector 2 years, 11 months ago

When the sweat rolls off the point on the top of my head. What's your point?

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

autie i heared sam neededed that there artsy money to pay fer the gas to operate them heeliochopters flyin low in southeest kansass but i aint sposed to talk boutit

Kirk Larson 2 years, 11 months ago

After it's been in the upper 90's for several days. And then I set it for about 82.

Pywacket 2 years, 11 months ago

When it hits 80. I don't do heat. We have 2 heating/cooling systems, programmed strategically for where we are (upstairs at night, downstairs after 7 a.m.), so they aren't both blasting 24/7.

Hey, Mychal, the first guy in the photos above, looks a lot like Mac in "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"! http://www.tvrage.com/person/id-31906/Rob+McElhenney

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

Now dang nub it K_Verses....you know dang well cousin Sam done outlawed arts so poetry ain't allowed no more...it might cause thinkin and we don't want them folks thinkin too much...so put up your high flootin pen and paper and get down to some bible verse study...somethin useful...

K_Verses_The_World 2 years, 11 months ago

The air is getting hotter There’s a rumbling in the skies I’ve been wading through the high muddy water With the heat rising in my eyes Every day your memory grows dimmer It doesn’t haunt me like it did before I’ve been walking through the middle of nowhere Trying to get to heaven before they close the door

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

"Oh the sound of the thing is not a ring it's more like a pleasant purr And the only sound I hear at night is the sound of my purring air-conditioner The air is pure and dehumidified thermostatically controlled Now I have no desire to perspire and that's how progress goes But the sound of their singing thrilled me as distantly but clearly it rang Though I never saw their faces and never knew their names And the gentle breeze brought sweet dreams of sweethearts that I never saw Who sang You Are My Sunshine in Newport Arkansas"

Bobby Bare

kernal 2 years, 11 months ago

When the temperature hits 85 upstairs.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 11 months ago

When the lemurs start getting itchy, the AC goes on.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 11 months ago

Flag Day would be the very earliest possible, however I try to hold out until the 4th of July.

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

When I get too hot. duh? And yes, I'm sure charliejohnson has already turned on the AC. She may in fact be related to Mrs. Roed. Thermostate in the 50's and all dressed in artic gear.

grammaddy 2 years, 11 months ago

As soon as the thermostat in the living room reaches 80. This tri-level house has a different temperature on each level. I'm thinking about moving to the basement. It's always nice and cool down there.

Bill Lee 2 years, 11 months ago

I had it on for a couple of days, but it's back off. I deal with winter's cold much better than I do with summer's heat.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 11 months ago

I turn it on as soon as I feel the heat!

A few years back, I lived in a mobile home with a broken air conditioner. One day, I got heat exhaustion. Terrible headache, throwing up, the whole nine yards. It was pretty bad. Strange thing was, the symptoms didn't show up until the sun had already gone down.

NEVER AGAIN! (if I can help it!)

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Wait a second! Is this a trick question? . . . pervs. Wait til Hollis gets here, he will know.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Turn it on? No, I'm the one who is constantly shutting it off. The Queen still sleeps under her winter blankets, comforter and industrial strength flannel pajamas but has the AC cranked down to 52. I just woke up, teeth chattering and hypothermia setting in. Had to scrape the frost from the laptop screen to read the OTS question. Reset the thermostat to eighty eight as I scurried down the hall, coffee will be ready soon. I expect to hear footsteps within the hour when she realizes the house is starting to thaw.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 11 months ago

When you open the windows to be relieved by fresh air only to realize it's hotter than the sun outside. Try sleeping when it's 100 degrees out with the windows open and you've got big fat cats sleeping on you. THAT'S when it's time to turn on that bad boy.

denak 2 years, 11 months ago

I turned it on at exactly 7:00 p.m on Monday. That is when a friend walked into my house and after a few choice words said she wasn't staying in my hot *** house to watch DWTS if I didn't turn it on. So, I turned it on.

It is off now but it is so freaking muggy, I might just go turn it back on.

Kenny Nall 2 years, 11 months ago

Pansies. My goal is no earlier than July.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

When did charliejohnson turn hers on? (If it's okay with her, it's okay by me) Happy Birthday to ewe Happy Birthday to ewe Happy Birthday charliejohnson, Happy Birthday to ewe!