Previous   Next

How often do you grill?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 7, 2011

Browse the archives

“Not very often.”

“Once a week.”

“I do more often in the warmer months. It depends on my budget.”

“Never. I don’t have a grill.”

Comments

Bill Lee 4 years, 3 months ago

I don't. Doing it on my wooden balcony would be a fire hazzard. I've already lost more than enough to fire.

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

I stood a 4 foot by 30 inch concrete drain pipe on the patio, filled it with sand, poured 4 inches of concrete in it. I then made a grill out of 3/8 x 3/8 steel rod spaced 3/8 apart. When I grill, 5 or 6 times per year, I use that. Refer to it as "grilling sewer burgers". The wife uses the gas grill several times per week, year round when possible

muttonchops 4 years, 2 months ago

You win at "Biggest Tool in Town!" Way to go, RedOctober!

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Damn! Lost another title match to a newby! or not so new . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

"Were taking a couple of the grand spawn to the rod and gun club today...."

Need any golf balls?

number3of5 4 years, 2 months ago

I used to grill on holidays in the summer and occasionally for the man and I. Now with my COPD, the smoke from the charcoal gives me an attack of bronchial spasms. So any grilling done around here this summer will have to be my daughter or my husband.

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

Kelsey "Never, I don't have a grill" No problem, here you go http://sushibandit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/redneckgrill.jpg If your mother didn't give you one of those, I'm sure they are really cheap at a thrift store.

been_there 4 years, 2 months ago

I'm afraid to ask what the container in the bottom right hand corner is for. Gas for the stove?

Deja Coffin 4 years, 2 months ago

We grill at least a couple times a week in the summer. I actually am trying to find the prefect grill for my husband for Father's Day, any suggestions?

We have a charcoal grill but he was thinking about getting a gas grill for convenience. What does everyone else prefer? Gas or Charcoal?

Deja Coffin 4 years, 2 months ago

R_I, So basically nothing is going to change?

riverdrifter 4 years, 2 months ago

How often do I not grill is easier to answer. The answer to that is, not very often.

H_Lecter 4 years, 2 months ago

Often...very often. My current project is a flavor comparison between the convenience of propane and the consuming richness of charcoal & wood. What I really need is a set of twins.

The greatest achievements usually require a little sacrifice...or two.

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

Deja, way more expensive but you can't beat it, Traeger.

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

Actually, hubby got me a Traeger for a present one year but I think it was really for himself.

muttonchops 4 years, 2 months ago

I'm actually buying my first grill this "grilling season." Been contemplating the gas vs. charcoal thing myself. It seems that gas would be significantly less messy and more convenient. Since I'm still an apartment-dweller, I'm not eager to store a bunch of charcoal and accessories at my place yet.

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

Roe sent me a picture of his grill, but I happen to know he also uses it as a canon down on the river to shoot bowling balls. http://www.funnychix.com/pix/funny-pictures-smoker-grill.jpg

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

Ooops, guess that was suppose to be top secret so nobody click on the link. In fact it's not really there, you don't see it.