Previous   Next

Do you think photos of Osama bin Laden’s body should be released?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on May 6, 2011

Browse the archives

“Yeah. I guess just for the proof. You can say anything without a picture.”

“No, I don’t think so. He has done so much bad for this country I think we just need to get on with it.”

“I have mixed feelings. I don’t think it would bother that much but it could give full closure to those most affected.”

“I don’t think they should be released. If they’re out there, they’ll be out there forever and kids don’t need to see more of that.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 11 months ago

First. Well, it depends. I'd like to see him dead in a chicken suit without the mask. Cuz that's what he is. A chicken man.

Bill Lee 3 years, 11 months ago

It's not necessary. It's time to move on to other pressing issues like jobs.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Heard he's alive but Elvis won't let him in the building . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Is it true that when you dump garbage overboard from a ship it gets drawn through the propellers like a giant Cuisinart?

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

I'm placing my order now for ten 8x10 glossies. One to set on the piano and the others for gifts. Nothing says "I love you" like gaping head wounds and splattered brain matter.

grammaddy 3 years, 11 months ago

For what? The "deathers" won't be convinced anyway and who needs a Dead Bin Laden mouse pad, shot glass or any other such nonsense. I have no desire to piss off the crazies so we get attacked again. Time to move on. Can we get back to fixing the economy and creating jobs? How about some help for the folks in the South? No more distractions, there's work to be done. Grab a mop!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

As someone else said, I want to see my tax dollars at work.

Kyle Neuer 3 years, 11 months ago

Certain folks won't be happy until his head on a pike goes on tour. Enough is enough.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

If you are talking about the total hash the WH has made of releasing info about the OBL whack, I totally agree with you.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Nobody wants to see my body, nobody. (well except for nor . . )

Henry_the_liberal 3 years, 11 months ago

It'll be out eventually. The Zapruder film is out. Just be patient, when it stops being a big deal (or Obama's ratings are too low near election time) they'll come out.

tomatogrower 3 years, 11 months ago

There are a lot of so called "family values" Republicans calling for the release of these pictures. I would not like to have children seeing these pictures. I don't let children I care for watch violent TV, movies, or games. How would I protect them from this? The law makers who are calling for these pictures probably could ask for a personal viewing. If that isn't good enough for them, too bad.

number3of5 3 years, 11 months ago

It is not the wise thing to do to broadcast photos of this sort of violence, what's next videos of executions? Let's forget about Bin Laden and the "Royals" and have some news that reflects the needs of American citizens. The hungry, the Jobless, the homeless, and those wounded by the recent storms all need our support,

BorderRuffian 3 years, 11 months ago

It's all just a sham to get Obiwan Kabama re-elected. Hillary must be seriously pi$$ed. The news stories are getting changed just as fast as our fearless leader's campaign promises.

tomatogrower 3 years, 11 months ago

Then why didn't he wait until closer to the election?

Houdini 3 years, 11 months ago

I saw him yesterday. He looked disgusting. I gave him a piece of ham steak to put on that eye.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Hollis maybe this will help. Your wife obviously has been following theUBL (United Basketball League)

There's even a bit of it we might like to watch . . .

BrianR 3 years, 11 months ago

No, they should not.

Bye, bye, Beardy.

Jay Keffer 3 years, 11 months ago

They just released OBL's last words:

"Oh great, I need a room full of Seals like I need a hole in the head."

Chris Golledge 3 years, 11 months ago

No. It serves no purpose; the "deathers" will claim it is not real. The only purpose it would serve would be to give pleasure to those who want to see his suffering. If there is a line between justice and vengeance, that would cross it.

Chris Golledge 3 years, 11 months ago

I'm OK with the killing. Nobody asked whether the people in the towers or on the planes were armed when they were killed. But, splashing his photo around would be in the same vein as dragging enemy soldier's bodies around town.

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

Do I think pictures of Osama's body should be released?

No. We don't need the whole body shot. Just the head shot will do.

Just kidding, of course. I don't need to see a photo. I trust my government in everything they do.

Shoot, I'm still kidding.

Seriously this time, no photo, unless he was caught wearing a Hawaiian shirt or something like that.

And what was up with FoxNews calling him "Usama" with a U? Anybody?

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

After seeing some of he anti-Obama comments coming out of a few people on these boards, I was curious to see what was being said on FoxNews. I was glad to see they weren't doing the same. I wouldn't say I "watch" it, or any television news, for that matter.

So was "Usama" just a typo, or do they always spell it that way on Fox?

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

Not sure why, but that made me chuckle.

mr_right_wing 3 years, 11 months ago

They (our radical muslim enemies) have the celebration videos outside the White House and at Ground Zero...I don't think we need to add further fuel to their hellfire by releasing these apparently very disturbing pictures.

Our government says he's dead, now al-qaeda is saying he's dead. Good enough for me.

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

The guy who wouldn't trust the state of Hawaii when they long ago produced Obama's certificate of live birth is satisfied now because al-qaeda has spoken. Got it.

mr_right_wing 3 years, 11 months ago

Actually that's not me...I've never been into this whole 'birther' thing. Why even release the documents at this point? All the 'birthers' are just going to say they are faked. Find a nurse or two who was at his birth, 'they'd' still discount it

Donald Trump is a moron...now he's calling for Obama's grades to be made public? What will you wine for next Donald, if Obama's grades were to check out..?

There are other 'serious' problems you can find with Barack, forget this goofy stuff.

tbaker 3 years, 11 months ago

No. DoD says it will incite further violence in places where our troops already face enough violence. Sure I'd love to see it and rub the terrorists nose in it, but I gotta go with DoD on this one.

Besides, AQ has already acknowledged his death. Who needs a photo when the enemy admits the guy is dead?

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Good for you bea, if there's anything about all this political bickering that gets to me is those who say FOX News is wrong, liars, etc. then in the next breath say they refuse to watch it! You know I lean a little to the right and I probably haven't watched more than 10 hours of FOX since it began. I would much rather watch the other networks. See what influences the left.

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

Exactly. Not quite the seriousness of The Godfather's "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer," but it is along those lines. Good to see from time to time what those leaning right are being told. It is also good to watch the news while suspicious of the source. While I usually don't bother with any television news, I watch MSNBC least of all. That slanted news stuff just drives me crazy, even when I agree with it. For slanted news, I stick to the Daily Show or the Onion News.

BrianR 3 years, 11 months ago

I don't always go to Pakistan, but when I do, I shoot bin Laden in the head. Stay thirsty my friends.

bad_dog 3 years, 11 months ago

Their flag draped caskets were shown-not gaping head wounds. That's why.