Previous   Next

Do you have a favorite piece of memorabilia?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 4, 2011

Browse the archives

“I have a Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card.”

“I would say my grandmother’s engagement ring.”

“I would have to say probably my shot glass collection that I have.”

“Lame ticket stubs from random concerts I’ve been to.”

Comments

parrothead8 3 years, 11 months ago

It's a tie between my Johnny Cash autographed photo and my Walter Payton autographed photo.

Bill Lee 3 years, 11 months ago

My collection of Kansas and Kansas City music. My favorite item was the autographed Blue Things photo that I lost in my fire six years ago.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Well Hell yes! The whole back forty is lined with every Ford F-150 I ever owed money on! Some's on blocks, some's on flats and most has major damage or parts scavenged off of. But they're MINE, all MINE! Not a Toyoter or a Hondu on the place neither! Nope! They'd not last 6 months in the hill climbin' or the mud races! Much less get me out on the sandbar for my weekly golf ball shootfest.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Nope, them Escorts is safe! 'Bout all they's good for is haulin' old couches. They tells me them toyotas can run all right on three cylinders then they use the fourth wire for a detonater. . . Geeeee . . Ronimo!!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Back in the fifties just about every magazine, TV station or grocery store had competitions you could enter and win prizes. My mother won a silver engraved serving tray from a magazine entry. I remember to this day how excited she was, how proud her little jingle/poem/phrase had netted her such a beautiful prize. No real monetary value there, but it's mine now and is a priceless memory.

LogicMan 3 years, 11 months ago

A very small piece of a black hole. Funny, I can't seem to find it any more. And increasingly a lot of my other stuff too.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Autie - no need to complain. JK pulling double duty as WM is in NYC. We are low priority for now. Spank-o-meter set on .02

Royals 3 years, 11 months ago

Two pairs of Royals stadium seats. The original orange ones and the current blue ones. I also really like my one of a kind wheel cover that says "The Duckmobile". Thanks Marty,

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

The stick horse Grandpa made for me when I was about 3 years old.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

I have one of the first non-collector Colt Anaconda .44 magnum revolvers. With over 6000 rounds fired through it, mostly my own handloads, it has smoothed out to the point I can easily hit golf balls at 25 yards firing double action with one hand. Sometimes before they quit rolling from the first hit. By the third hit the golf ball no longer qualifies as a "ball". It is my favorite, a real keeper. . . Manhood comments may now be made.

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

Manhood comments? Why, I wouldn't dare say anything about your, um, "handloads" and how you have it "smoothed out." However, if you can shoot 25 yards, you should get that on film. There is a certain type of person who would likely pay good money to see something like that.

I'm curious, how often do you need to defend yourself against golfballs? What did a golfball ever do to you?

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Long time no see bea! Guess I shoulda knowed a gun comment would get you here! I once saw a survivalist demonstration of a man throwing a tire iron and stabbing a car hood leaned against a tree. My thought at the time was how often would auto body parts attack. You really need to visit the OTS more often! Golf balls have become quite the issue here! (Don't bother going back to find out why. The best have all been TOSsed . . .)

Always a pleasant surprise to see you!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Oh, and I may be a little rusty and the eyes ain't what they used to be. Might have to warm up on basketballs. Bring plenty, they don't last . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Spank-o-meter now above .50. Holding hand rail, preparing for floor to drop . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

"just ask TOB if you don't believe it."

T_O_B was last seen headed for the compound on Sunday! No word (here) since! I'm suspectin' he knowed this Osama thing was goin' down!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

hmmm . . . Tell TOB I may have a lead on his pygmy goat. Could be bad news . . .

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

Woo hoo for the new unbrokeded award-winning LJW website.

grammaddy 3 years, 11 months ago

An autographed picture of Paul Revere and the Raiders from when they performed here at the Red Dog Inn back in the late 60's.