Previous   Next

How did you first find out that Osama bin Laden had died?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 3, 2011

Browse the archives

“My dad texted me that ‘OBL’ was dead. I didn’t know who that was so he had to clarify.”

“I saw it on Twitter. I was in my car.”

“I was at a motel and I had CNN on.”

“Facebook. I was home studying.”

Comments

tange 2 years, 11 months ago

I was lying in bed, listening to John Lennon, when Lucy appeared out of nowhere and...

Houdini 2 years, 11 months ago

He asked me where the virgins were. I just laughed and told him to try the pork...it's really good.

nepenthe 2 years, 11 months ago

My mother called me while I was in the middle of a good book. Told me to turn on the TV, because they were saying Osama Bin Laden had been killed.

none2 2 years, 11 months ago

I sensed a change in the force.

panzermike007 2 years, 11 months ago

I was called at 0230 in Florida, by a friend on the LA County Sheriff's Department who was on shift.

beatrice 2 years, 11 months ago

My neice, glued to here phone, told the family.

Okay, Pace touched on it -- so what is up with FoxNews using a U and calling him Usama bin Laden instead of Osama? Are they really trying to insert U.S.A. into everything? Just asking.

Clancy99, instead of Barry, try President of the United States Barack Obama.

Clancy99 2 years, 11 months ago

Personally I find it troubling that so many were "celebrating" the death of a human being. Especially since we have learned that he was unarmed at the time. Aren't there some rules regarding that? I mean we basically murdered a man who wasn't posing a threat at the time! Thank goodness that we are not releasing the pictures to prove it - as that would make muslims around the world angry and want to kill us.

OK back to reality. What a wonderful event for all of humanity. Thank God Barry actually went along with a Kill mission and didn't insist on capturing UBL so he could get his day in civilian court.

Roland Gunslinger 2 years, 11 months ago

While I would like to say "When I saw his face drop out of my gun sights" I can't take credit for this one. Heard about it at breakfast in the chow hall. What a glorious newscast that was.

pace 2 years, 11 months ago

Fox news but they got the name wrong for some reason, switched to cnn.

Deja Coffin 2 years, 11 months ago

I found out on facebook. It was either right before or right after Steve J. "started counting down the days until Rockfest."

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

We're told the rising gas prices are a result of all the unrest in the Middle East, but what does that have to do with the equally rising price of the E85 fuel? It always stays 50 cents below the unleaded regular price.

rockchalk1977 2 years, 11 months ago

I saw Obama leave the golf course after just 9 holes. At that point I knew OBL was dead.

BorderRuffian 2 years, 11 months ago

Wasn't Obama's off-the-cuff, impromptu, non-rehearsed, sans-teleprompter speech simply inspiring? And he used the word, "God" at least twice and said half of the pledge of Allegiance.

I find myself breathless...

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

Come on, we all know it was Gibbs, Ziva, McGee and DiNozzo. Of course Abby was guiding them.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Musta been grown up seals

Rumor; some here ♣ baby seals

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 11 months ago

This seal team I hear about, I am just plain confused. Do they have enlarged trigger guards so their flippers can pull the trigger?

HollisBrown 2 years, 11 months ago

Yes, it's getting really nice and warm out, finally. The only down side is I'm already starting to smell like onions, and I'm not due for a bath until June 12. When I was a kid, I never ever bathed. Once in a while my teachers would send me to the school nurse's office. They told me I needed to say Hi to someone named Gene, or something. I never could figure that out.

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

Buried at sea, so no body? Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

How do you celebrate Cinco De Mayo? 1) Have a few margaritas out dining with friends on the 5th. 2) Mix a bucket for your frig to invite friends over for the 5th. 3) Mix a bucket today, only to have to run to the store again on the 5th, as the first one is gone already.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 11 months ago

I sure didn't learn it from the most discussed list. Autie, you aren't the only one who came on here to find out if they're going to fix that.

Where all news is credible...facebook of course.

BABBOY 2 years, 11 months ago

Died?

We killed him. And, yes, that was the right thing to do and an act of war or even self defense.

I found from my wife when she yelled it upstairs .

God job to our military, CIA, and to the Presidents (both of them Obama and Bush before him) and everyone involved…..

Flap Doodle 2 years, 11 months ago

I heard that a 2500 pound sea carp swallowed him up.

CWGOKU 2 years, 11 months ago

I heard he is in Heaven with 72 Vegans

Andini 2 years, 11 months ago

One of his widows called me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 11 months ago

autie, Yeppers. Happy Lumpy Rug Day!

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

Is the most discussed thing brokeded? It doesn't look likes it has changed in four or five days...

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Time now for a little entertainment from a real cutie - Lynnea Malley

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Keaton - Tell your father we are deeply moved on hearing of the passing of the Ontario Boating League. I did just check and there is no mention of it at the KKK (Kansas Kayaker's Klub).

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

Let's hope Emily was just sitting in her car with the engine off or someone else was driving. Surely she wouldn't be on twitter and driving at the same time.

autie 2 years, 11 months ago

After twenty long minutes of waiting for some breaking story that was so important and hearing nothing but it is big..big...Wolf finally said it. Before the President was going to be on at nine thirty and didn't come on until ten thirty...

HollisBrown 2 years, 11 months ago

I got a text from Pervez Musharraf. That two-faced puke was his best friend and has helped him for years. Now he's all mad because because we didn't tell the Paks what we were doing so they could warn him.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

The "Rock", Duane Johnson, was tweeting it an hour before Obama's speech. I rely on the WWE for all my breaking news.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago