Previous   Next

When did you first go to overnight camp?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on May 2, 2011

Browse the archives

“I think I was seven or eight. It was for Boy Scouts.”

“I was probably eight. It was a church camp-type thing.”

“I was 11 or maybe 13. I don’t remember what it was for.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years ago

Must have been when I was a wolf scout in cub scouts. Now I'm an Eagel Scout haha boy has the time passed. I think I'll go camping and fishing cuz I feel damn good about Osama meeting his maker haha god I feel great.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

I crawled out from under a rock and was raised by wolves (or was it a 2500# carp?). Living indoors only happened when I could hitch a ride with a passing kangaroo. My life has been a real zoo-fest.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

My dad and uncle used to get all their fishing gear loaded up and out the door on Friday night after work. Several times I remember going with them when I was 5 or 6 and camping by the lake until Sunday afternoon. Good times.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Let's hear a big cheer for Osama's 72 virgins this morning.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

"Where I learned all about cigarettes/beer/sex"

Isn't that minister doing time now?

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Damn! And I was trying to be careful with my comments!

(nevre thunk i wuld see a cuzin corektin grammer)

RoeDapple 4 years ago

On the plus side, Osama has trumped the royal snark-fest. Haven't heard a thing about the wedding all day.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

I spieled after too much Bud Light at my last all-nighter. (Ummm . . . all beef hot dogs!)

Deja Coffin 4 years ago

I went to overnight church camp in 2nd grade. This year I will be going to overnight girl scout camp with my little Daisy..... don't envy me too much!! Did anyone celebrate May Day yesterday or receive a surprise on their doorstep? Just curious if anyone still celebrates it.

Mary Darst 4 years ago

Yes. No baskets this year, but a lot of warm wishes to and from those that still celebrate.

Deja Coffin 4 years ago

We didn't do baskets but we gave all the neighbors seed packets and fridge flower magnets that the girls made. They really enjoyed delivering them and I know the neighbors enjoyed receiving a surprise gift.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

I tell ya folks, T_O_B musta had a inkling this obama/osama thing was going down! Talkin' yesterday bout gettin to the compound then not a peep outa him all day today . . . . . . Now where'd I lay my tinfoil hat?

Mary Darst 4 years ago

Won't get into the the discussion from above...but as far as going to camp...A Girl Scout camp that I remember as being horrible and church camp...now that was a different story. Episcopal Church Camp at Camp Wood, Elmdale, Kansas.....My sister and I attended until they just wouldn't let us come back. Many!!!!!!!!!wonderful memories. Like the "a" would say cigarettes, beer and sex. (althought sex was only in thought,not in deed). We were a very liberal group.