Previous   Next

What is your biggest fear?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on May 1, 2011

Browse the archives

“Traffic.”

“Snakes.”

“Probably that we allow fear as a political issue and fear things that have nothing to do with reality.”

“Really big dogs.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 2 months ago

Pennywise the Dancing Clown. What's worse it that there's a remake coming out. This year. I'll never sleep again, no sir I won't. Stephen King, you kill me.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 2 months ago

Curry should have received an award for portraying Pennywise in that first movie. His voice was grating and full of mud.... there's nothing scarier than that guy. I just hope they do a decent job and not butcher something that is already horrifying. The book was very good, don't watch the movies and judge it in that regard.

grammaddy 4 years, 2 months ago

They always screw up his movies. Dolores Claiborne and Misery were decent but I hated the monster at the end of "IT". That wasn't no dang spider stealing kids.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 2 months ago

In the book it's an alien that resembles a spider at the end but they didn't do too good of a job with it. Oh well maybe this new one will be good idk

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

This . . .

Oh, and the smell of cooked cabbage. Probably what hell smells like.

This should be a fun one.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

"Snakes on a Plane!"

[throwing snake in microwave oven] "Who's your daddy now, b!#ch?"

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

To me fear is when you lose control of a situation and give up. . let whatever is happening happen and let it unfold while doing nothing to prevent it. I've never done that. I've been shot at, had a straight razor pushed up against my gut, had "80,000 pounds of rolling death", a truck I was driving, get out of control on ice. Many more. Always, always, my mind starts racing, thinking of different ways to regain control of a potentially bad event. The adrenaline rush is a high I never get over. Afterward (sometimes days or weeks) I may think "well that could have easily turned out differently!", even gotten physically ill, but not at the time.

You may want me in your corner in a fight. Or maybe not . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Sometimes I fear the dog will relieve herself in the night and it will squish up between my toes as I make my fourth trip to the john in the dark. I also fear we will never get all the hair she (the dog) sheds out of the carpet and furniture. Glad she (the wife) has a good sense of humor.

grammaddy 4 years, 2 months ago

Biggest fear? That somehow this country has lost it's collective mind and Trump becomes President.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

That the soulless drones of hopenchange let their liberal guilt overcome their last remaining ounce of common sense and vote for the Campaigner in Chief again in 2012.

Or that the lemurs figure out how to operate the chainsaw.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

There are so few 2500# carp, odds are better you will win the lottery. Now THAT"S scary!

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Ever watch Arnold in "Eraser"?

Whitney has that power.

Absolutely frightening . . .

kernal 4 years, 2 months ago

... and Trump becomes President. Trump pretty much ended his chances as a serious contender in the 2012 race this last week after his ridiculous profanity rant in Las Vegas and his demeanor at the annual White House Correspondents dinner last night. There is something wrong with that man aside from his enormous ego.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

If you really think that the Donald was ever a serious contender for the job in the White House, you should look into some adjustment of your meds.

LogicMan 4 years, 2 months ago

Strangers coming up to me in grocery stores asking strange questions.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

T_O_B - It's right, then left, then right. See! There are no secrets on the internet!

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

my bad. i thoughts them wuz more zombies

LogicMan 4 years, 2 months ago

Well, being stranded among a bunch of them isn't any fun either.