Previous   Next

Have you ever had a pet that was overweight?

Asked at Pet World, 711 West 23rd St. on March 28, 2011

Browse the archives

“My cat right now is overweight.”

“Not that I know of.”

“No, I never have. I live out in the country and they just run and run.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

If the dog would quit knocking the top off the cat's litter box and eating cat turds we could probably get her to lose a couple of pounds. It would take all the fun out of watching grandma give the dog smooches though . . .

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

We used to have a little pomeranian/chihuahua mix. He was a really cool dog. We left him with my folks one time when we went on vacation & came back two weeks later to the fattest little dog ever. I don't know what they fed him, but my dad said he'd tucker out on his walks and would have to be carried the rest of the way in a bucket.

grammaddy 3 years, 6 months ago

Thought I did once, turns out she was pregnant and delivered 14 puppies a week after I rescued her.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

"RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Ronaldo Ignacio) says… I once pulled a pup on to a scale that was 3800# overweight..."

Iron castings?

Richard Payton 3 years, 6 months ago

Watched a bearded dragon cannibalise some other bearded dragon which make him fatter. Wonder if that is what K-State fans mean when they hold up signs fear the beard?

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

A little marbling improves the flavor . . .

BigDog 3 years, 6 months ago

I am not sure ..... do they have those little insurance weight charts available for pets?

If it is I won't tell it because it will have negative impact on its self-esteem.

Paris 3 years, 6 months ago

Nope. If it gets too big to fit in my purse, what I'm a suppossed to do then? Carry it around in a suitcase?

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

If you pet is fat and then suddenly starts losing a lot of weight, drinking and urinating a lot, there is a good chance they have developed diabetes. Catch it early before it causes a lot of other problems. There is a compounding pharmacy here in town that you can get the insulin at a lot cheaper than at the vets especially if you get a double or triple batch. You do not have to buy the expensive syringes at the vet, you can get them at any pharmacy or online. Most pets don't even notice when you give them the shot, give them a treat afterwards and they'll look forward to it. A good vet will show you how to take their blood sugar levels at home (our first two did not) with the same meters for humans available at the store. Sorry to bend your year, but diabetes is becoming any epidemic among pets and it can be expensive if you don't know there is an alternative.

Mary Darst 3 years, 6 months ago

Yes...Should NEVER let your pet eat table scraps....

looza 3 years, 6 months ago

my pet boulder is pretty heavy

riverdrifter 3 years, 6 months ago

My lab tends to get a little chunky. A leisurely swim across Douglas county lake every now and then does the trick during the off season. I have to either paddle or row and that's good for me.