Previous   Next

What is your favorite food to grill?

Asked at Target, 3201 South Iowa St. on March 24, 2011

Browse the archives

“Pork tenderloin.”

“Steak.”

“Bacon-wrapped shrimp with pineapple and barbecue sauce.”

“Steak. I make my own seasoning.”

Comments

ophiuchus 3 years ago

Well, granted, it's only empty calories, but I do enjoy a little Palin, now and again, grilled to perfection, Couric style... with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

LadyJ 3 years ago

I have a relative I would like to rake over the coals right now, does that count?

Randall Barnes 3 years ago

mooing rib eye, possum and of course crappie.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

"Of course you can not always trust what people say about their hunting grounds..."

Tell me about it. My own best deer hunting spot can have herds of 12 to 20 right up to opening day. After that all the shots you hear sound miles away . . .

George_Braziller 3 years ago

Try polenta (AKA "corn mush"). I put some on the grill one time as an experiment and it was pretty amazing.

Multidisciplinary 3 years ago

I don't know. By circumstance, I haven't had home grilled since around 1996 or so. The ten years before that it was with someone who 'didn't know' how to grill, so he made hamburgers so thick ( and with his flavor spoiling ideas added), that they wouldn't cook, and he'd serve them on buns dripping blood. He'd then discover his error, and they'd go back on the grill..which by then, didn't have enough heat to cook as slowly as they first had so it took forever..and the only buns we'd have were now bloody. Guests would be starving and nervous by the time his creations hit the plate.Needless to say, people started not coming to his bbq's anymore. lol. Back before 1984, someone else and I did some ribs pretty often..once he learned how to get those cooked. In my childhood, we have t-bones every weekend because that's how mom had the butcher cut up the cow when she loaded the freezer. These roasts, brisket, these steaks (tbone and cubed) and hamburger.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

Dove breast.

LadyJ 3 years ago

Hubby would always smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving. One year his brother was joining us with his new girlfriend. When he brought the turkey in from the smoker the look on her face was priceless. "But it's all black" was all she could say. She was sure he had burnt it to a crisp.

LadyJ 3 years ago

Hubby tried tofu once, yeah, didn't go over too well. He has done pizza and cornbread in a cast iron skillet. If you have extra room, throw on some bacon to keep in the fridge for breakfast or BLT's. Otherwise, spareribs are a favorite here.

g_rock 3 years ago

Something I want to try.....grilled oysters.

Caesar_Augustus 3 years ago

Ribeye for sure, nice and pink and juicy, but not mooing.

Lately, however, I've been enjoying those Anaheim peppers from Hyvee. You can get them filled with imitation crabmeat sometimes, or usually italian sausage and cheese and they come wrapped in bacon. Grill a couple of those, plus some asparagus or stuffed mushrooms for a quick dinner that won't break the bank.

ophiuchus 3 years ago

Anymore, the grill is just a remnant of burnt offerings served to call up some primitive radio god...

Kris_H 3 years ago

OMGds ribeyes. I used to get mine from a little corner store that doesn't exist any more in Topeka. I bought them about twice a year, all I could afford. One time when I was in there buying them they told me they had just sold some of the same batch to the governor. Now that's eatin' high on the...side of beef. :D

I do like grilled veggies too. Corn on the cob is good. Take those little yellow squash and little tender zukes and cut them in half lengthwise and slap 'em on there too. And some onions.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

Yep, Bob, some people still love the fauxhawks. That little gal on the KU women's b-ball team even rocks one sometimes. Nothing will ever beat the mullet, though. Speaking of mullets, there will never be a truer expression of genuine love than the marriage of Liz Taylor and Larry Fortensky. And the greatest documentary film of all time is still "Whose Afraid of Virginia Wolf?". http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4b1ea1d10000000000ec44e0-400-300/elizabeth-taylor-and-larry-fortensky-25-million.jpg

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Husks? Reminds me, one time the Mrs left me a note to take the scalloped potatoes out of the fridge and into the oven when I got home. She didn't tell me to take the Saran Wrap off first though . . . and she still uses that piece of Corning Ware, melted plastic on the edges and all. Oh my, those were some stinkin' taters!

psycho_theclown 3 years ago

I got Cancer from the chemicals in the smoke/drippings from too much grilling. They amputated both my hands; I typed this with my nose.

CWGOKU 3 years ago

LOL, yes, we take the husk off before eating the corn.

sr80 3 years ago

A whole HOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoeDapple 3 years ago

My daddy always told me I had to eat what I shoot but I still ain't grilled no golf balls or bowlin' pins.

bobberboy 3 years ago

conservative republicans.

autie 3 years ago

CW, we generally takes them husk off afore we eat the corn.....them don't go no good without taken em off. and I thought brussel spouts was da debils vegatable.

prospector 3 years ago

Whatever goes with the Free State Beer.

CWGOKU 3 years ago

Darn near anything! Cept keep your veggies off my grill. Wait, corn in the husk tastes good after cooking on the grill.

Richard Payton 3 years ago

After cooking the meat I like to grill the buns.

FlintlockRifle 3 years ago

Fresh shrimp on the stick, maybe a little onion between each little crustation---good stuff Maynard

The_Original_Bob 3 years ago

"zucchini"

The devil's vegetable.

g_rock 3 years ago

I'll 2nd that eggplant.

I love zucchini, asparagus and corn on the grill too. If it were warmer out, we could grab the grill and head to the lake......

autie 3 years ago

Lamb chops. I forgot that on my list of dead animals. Those cute little bouncey lambs....are friggin delicious. And it is spring time...and spring time is lamb time. bah...bahh..Can you hear them screaming?

The_Original_Bob 3 years ago

Fauxhawks are still in style? Jeebus.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

kujmom, Relax, it's spring break. kulaw is being a horrible horrible person in New Zealand

trinity 3 years ago

um, any?? :) love me some grillin'. specially with that Traeger contraption, you can cook purt'near anything in it! :)

autie 3 years ago

Jesse, you can substitute prairie squid...it is pretty good.

Where do I begin..I like ribeyes/filet/KC strip/ribs/pork loin/pork chop/pork roast/...basically most everything from the dead animal group. And fish/shrimps/all that stuff too.

Benjamin Roberts 3 years ago

Coffee crusted flat-iron steak.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

I have some beach front property in western KS that I've been trying to sell. They tell me it is crawling with octopi. Haven't actually seen it but still have the brochures the nice sales lady gave me. If you are interested that is . . . ;-)

Roland Gunslinger 3 years ago

I'll back Roe with the Ribeye... though I like mine cooked slightly less. Always remember to rest your meat after taking it off the grill!

Also love grilling asparagus and squash.

When I lived in Sydney, Aus I liked grilling baby octopus that had been marinating in Thai sweet chili sauce... although I can't seem to find baby octopus in Kansas for some odd reason.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

Con propano, ¬°Dios no tiene favoritos!

riverdrifter 3 years ago

Fillet mignon. Medium rare. Serve with with Texas toast and a great salad. No potato. Great bottle of wine, like Marietta Old Vine Red, batch whatever they've got out.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Rib eye! pink inside but not bloody . . . ummm, um! Especially over hickory briquets!

Once had an outside cat that wanted constant attention when we were outdoors. Silly thing jumped up on the grill just as I brought out the burgers to cook. His feet no more than touched the grill than he jumped another three feet straight up! Scared the bejeesus outa me, took him to the vet, had to put ointment on his pads for a week. The idjit just licked the ointment off but recovered fine. Never jumped on the grill after that though . . .

Houdini 3 years ago

Hello....Bess, can you hear me?

Dammit Bess...I held up my end, year after year

where the h... are you Bess....

oh wait, don't tell me...