Previous   Next

What is your favorite food to grill?

Asked at Target, 3201 South Iowa St. on March 24, 2011

Browse the archives

“Pork tenderloin.”

“Steak.”

“Bacon-wrapped shrimp with pineapple and barbecue sauce.”

“Steak. I make my own seasoning.”

Comments

Houdini 3 years, 9 months ago

Hello....Bess, can you hear me?

Dammit Bess...I held up my end, year after year

where the h... are you Bess....

oh wait, don't tell me...

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Rib eye! pink inside but not bloody . . . ummm, um! Especially over hickory briquets!

Once had an outside cat that wanted constant attention when we were outdoors. Silly thing jumped up on the grill just as I brought out the burgers to cook. His feet no more than touched the grill than he jumped another three feet straight up! Scared the bejeesus outa me, took him to the vet, had to put ointment on his pads for a week. The idjit just licked the ointment off but recovered fine. Never jumped on the grill after that though . . .

fan4kufootball 3 years, 8 months ago

Ditto on the rib eye - best steak there is! And Yes - medium to medium well!

bad_dog 3 years, 8 months ago

Don't discount the tenderloins from Costco when you get back stateside, vertigo. They're about 2-1/2 inches thick and typically range in price from $8.99-$10.99 per pound. I start out with a hotter fire to sear them then reduce the heat to finish off as Roe describes (although I may like them just a bit rarer). They also have some absolutely wonderful rib-eye roasts that grill up nicely.

Boneless ribs and thick pork chops are also great off the grill as are veggies such as ears of corn or skewered squash, onions, zucchini, etc.

riverdrifter 3 years, 9 months ago

Fillet mignon. Medium rare. Serve with with Texas toast and a great salad. No potato. Great bottle of wine, like Marietta Old Vine Red, batch whatever they've got out.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

I have some beach front property in western KS that I've been trying to sell. They tell me it is crawling with octopi. Haven't actually seen it but still have the brochures the nice sales lady gave me. If you are interested that is . . . ;-)

bad_dog 3 years, 8 months ago

Dare I say it?

What about grilled lemur?

trinity 3 years, 8 months ago

um, any?? :) love me some grillin'. specially with that Traeger contraption, you can cook purt'near anything in it! :)

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 8 months ago

Fresh shrimp on the stick, maybe a little onion between each little crustation---good stuff Maynard

Richard Payton 3 years, 8 months ago

After cooking the meat I like to grill the buns.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

My daddy always told me I had to eat what I shoot but I still ain't grilled no golf balls or bowlin' pins.

sr80 3 years, 8 months ago

A whole HOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 8 months ago

You Wish! It's frozen hotdogs for you mister! Now get back in the garage fore' I whup you like the family dog!

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 8 months ago

countrygirl 3 years, 8 months ago

You smoke a whole hog, not grill it. Or a big pit in the ground.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Husks? Reminds me, one time the Mrs left me a note to take the scalloped potatoes out of the fridge and into the oven when I got home. She didn't tell me to take the Saran Wrap off first though . . . and she still uses that piece of Corning Ware, melted plastic on the edges and all. Oh my, those were some stinkin' taters!

Kris_H 3 years, 8 months ago

OMGds ribeyes. I used to get mine from a little corner store that doesn't exist any more in Topeka. I bought them about twice a year, all I could afford. One time when I was in there buying them they told me they had just sold some of the same batch to the governor. Now that's eatin' high on the...side of beef. :D

I do like grilled veggies too. Corn on the cob is good. Take those little yellow squash and little tender zukes and cut them in half lengthwise and slap 'em on there too. And some onions.

bad_dog 3 years, 8 months ago

Herman's at 29th and Fairlawn used to be a pretty good butcher shop. They have some of the best jerky I've ever tasted, as well.

There also used to be a pretty good butcher at Pauline-just south of Topeka out by Forbes Field.

Caesar_Augustus 3 years, 8 months ago

Ribeye for sure, nice and pink and juicy, but not mooing.

Lately, however, I've been enjoying those Anaheim peppers from Hyvee. You can get them filled with imitation crabmeat sometimes, or usually italian sausage and cheese and they come wrapped in bacon. Grill a couple of those, plus some asparagus or stuffed mushrooms for a quick dinner that won't break the bank.

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

Hubby tried tofu once, yeah, didn't go over too well. He has done pizza and cornbread in a cast iron skillet. If you have extra room, throw on some bacon to keep in the fridge for breakfast or BLT's. Otherwise, spareribs are a favorite here.

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

Hubby would always smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving. One year his brother was joining us with his new girlfriend. When he brought the turkey in from the smoker the look on her face was priceless. "But it's all black" was all she could say. She was sure he had burnt it to a crisp.

George_Braziller 3 years, 8 months ago

Try polenta (AKA "corn mush"). I put some on the grill one time as an experiment and it was pretty amazing.

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

I like fried cornmeal mush, I will have to try this.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

"Of course you can not always trust what people say about their hunting grounds..."

Tell me about it. My own best deer hunting spot can have herds of 12 to 20 right up to opening day. After that all the shots you hear sound miles away . . .

Randall Barnes 3 years, 8 months ago

mooing rib eye, possum and of course crappie.

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

I have a relative I would like to rake over the coals right now, does that count?