Previous   Next

What is your favorite board game?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on March 20, 2011

Browse the archives

“Sorry.”

“Monopoly.”

“Clue.”

“Mouse Trap. I used to set everything up and play with the pieces, but I never actually played the game.”

Comments

bobberboy 3 years ago

pin the tail on liberty1

ifuonlyknew 3 years ago

scatogories!! when i was younger though Mall Madness was one of my faves!!!

Wendy magillicutty 3 years ago

Tripoli! it's an awesome game. You play a round of poker and rummy!

CHKNLTL 3 years ago

My mom had this awesome "Barbie" game from the 1960's and you play for allowance and job money, earning enough to finally buy a dress, catch a date, join a school club, and go to the dance, playing to become the homecoming queen by finishing first.

bolshavik_vw 3 years ago

Mille Bournes, Monopoly and Life. Those were my games and still are.

bolshavik_vw 3 years ago

Mille Bournes, Monopoly and Life. Those were my games and still are.

Kookamooka 3 years ago

NOBODY actually ever plays Mousetrap. We only played with the stuff, too. My kids got it for xmas one year...they played with the stuff. I don't even know the rules. Amazing how long that game has been corrupted by kids and is still on the market.

g_rock 3 years ago

Candyland.....cause I was a chunky kid.

Norma Jeane Baker 3 years ago

Don't know if it counts as a board game, but Battleship.

beatrice 3 years ago

Scrabble, Scrabble, and Scrabble.

Gene Wallace 3 years ago

Chess and Risk. I took Risk to South East Asia with a marked World map, instead of the board, in '73. Taught Chess to K-6 in an after school program for 2 years. (employed by Academic Chess)

Kookamooka 3 years ago

Yahtzee, Scrabble, Sequence and monopoly are hits. For card games...Texas Hold'em Poker and this odd card game from England my extended family can't play enough of called Royalty. I had to get a replacement set online. Does any one else play this game? We love it.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

Dungeons and Dragons. Basement Boy got me into it. We chase each other around the basement. I like to dress like a knight from days of yore, and Basement Boy plays a damsel in distress. Led Zepplin liked stuff like that. Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear How years ago in days of old when magic filled the air 'twas in the darkest depths of Mordor, mm-I met a girl so fair but Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her

What the hell does that have to do with ramblin' on, anyway?

dajudge 3 years ago

Teeter-Totter, geez, I didn't think I'd be first with that one.

BABBOY 3 years ago

Monopoly or Chess

As a kid I liked playing Stratego

Ksgirl2000 3 years ago

Settlers of Catan! It rocks

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Grandma and I used to like "Tuck and Roll"

She became very adept at Parkour and Free Rolling games

snoozey 3 years ago

Nakey Twister - great sport with the right crowd.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

Currently a toss up between two cool games. Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game, a cool game pitting heroes against zombies and Khet, this really cool game using lasers. The ultimate would be if I could create a mash-up game of both.

prospector 3 years ago

The coasters toss on the Free State Brewery bar.

trinity 3 years ago

scrabble. i never owned "mousetrap" when i was a kid, but did buy one for my daughters when they were kids. what a pain to set that thing up!! :P

Boosh 3 years ago

Right now my favorite game is BFBC2, but I am looking forward to April 19th when Portal2 drops. The first one was awesome but to short. P2 is supposed to be 2.5 times longer and also have a co-op campaign that is 2 times longer then the original.

I know it's supposed to be board games, but as Pywacket stated, this was done not long ago and I feel it's time for the more digitally inclined to be represented :)

TopJayhawk 3 years ago

Rail Baron.....It's kind of like monopoly but with railroads.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

My favorite 'board' game is to visit the lumberyard, pick out some nice boards, then create something with my own hands that might be passed down for generations of future Dapples.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

First! . . . No, wait. That's a silly internet game played by esquire wannabee's . . .

Pywacket 3 years ago

Didn't they just ask this about 2 months ago? And we got into a discussion of some favorite non-board games (such as Milles Bournes)?

Isn't it time to ask something different? Such as, What is your favorite non-board game? Or card game?

Sigh... Okay. Board game it is.

Probably a tie between Parcheesi and Trivial Pursuit (favorite categories for original: green and brown).

Matt made me laugh because when I was a kid we did the exact same thing with Mouse Trap! Maybe nobody actually plays the game.