Previous   Next

What would do you with more daylight hours?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on March 12, 2011

Browse the archives

“Learn how to install a hard drive on my laptop.”

“Go to Clinton Lake or a park.”

“Get out and try to walk my dog.”

“Get out there and exercise and enjoy the weather.”

Comments

deec 3 years, 7 months ago

There is no extra hour of daylight. It's a scam. Each day has X number of hours of daylight. Changing the clock does nothing but mess up everyone's circadian rhythms. What's-his-name hates threading. I hate daylight savings time!

Bill Lee 3 years, 7 months ago

Deec is almost right. DST doesn't increase the amount of daylight, it just shifts the time of it. Summer days do have more daylight than winter days do, however. I like to spend the extra hours of summer daylight scopin' babes.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

George Vernon Hudson came up with the idea of Daylight Savings Time in 1895. It has been used in different forms by countries worldwide since then. I blame the extra hour of daylight for global warming, earthquakes and hurricanes. God Hates DST!!

Nikki May 3 years, 7 months ago

Be at the baseball/softball field longer. Last night before 7, the boys could barely see people. Next week at 7, I'm sure will be MUCH better.

sr80 3 years, 7 months ago

Now the kids will know which parents to avoid !

sr80 3 years, 7 months ago

Now the kids will know which parents to avoid !

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 7 months ago

Hey Roe, in your blaming you forgot ole George Bush, good job man----

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

You guys are making my skull hurt . .

blindrabbit 3 years, 7 months ago

For people working a regular daylight job who also enjoy working and playing outdoors, it is the greatest day of the year. For those not so inclined, it has no real effect other than adjusting their circadian rhythm somewhat and griping about a loss of sleep. The original purpose of DST is inconsequential, but the impact on our social lives is huge. Yahoo!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 7 months ago

Do we really have to keep growing vegetables to help defeat the Kaiser?

Boosh 3 years, 7 months ago

@Sue

It's not hard you just need the proper tools. Start with a hammer and chisel to open the case and gain access to the drive. Then use a small to medium pry bar to remove the old hdd. To install the new one, take your hammer and gently, gently pound that sucka in. . . . . . . Sorry...I've been misinformed...ignore my advice. But I've a question...why do you need more daylight to do that?

blindrabbit 3 years, 7 months ago

Something tells me Sue needs to adjust her priorities!

kernal 3 years, 7 months ago

Okaaaay. So, what about children standing in the dark at 7:00am, or earlier, waiting for the school bus in the Fall?

I used to hate walking to my 7:30 am KU class in the dark before it was time to change back to standard time.

Ksgirl2000 3 years, 7 months ago

DST does not increase the number of light hours. It enables conservation of energy as it allows daytime ran business' to utilize hours naturally lit by the sun and not waste energy. It just messes up our natural internal clocks and causes us to readjust our daily life schedule!

Mary Darst 3 years, 7 months ago

I love the change. I hate to come home after work in the dark. It makes me feel like the day is over. I would like it all year long.

tomatogrower 3 years, 7 months ago

Proofread the title to this article.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 7 months ago

I don't know. Probably eat more. And poop more. I have a pooping problem. I poop too much.

Chris Ogle 3 years, 7 months ago

Finally, a good reason for DST..... “Learn how to install a hard drive on my laptop.”

Tony Kisner 3 years, 7 months ago

I am going to use the time to think of ways the landed class can help my fellow man.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

My old grandpappy always said "First liar never stands a chance!" So much for relying on a google search.

I bow before the great and powerful Hollis. Long may he reign.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Alright, tomatogrower, catch of the day! What would do me? I told the doc recently, if I was given the choice of a lobster dinner or sex I may have to think about it. He said if I hesitate at all I better choose the lobster . . .

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

I'm hoping that this time switch will fool the baby into sleeping in a little later. Then maybe I'll be able to get a little more done in the morning before he wakes up. That or I'll at least have 30 minutes to myself with my coffee and ljworld.com

tomatogrower 3 years, 7 months ago

I know the sun is going to go down later today. Could someone come inside long enough to fix the headline on this story?