Previous   Next

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? How fast were you going?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“Yeah, 45 on Mass. Street. I was late to work.”

“Nope. I just get away with it.”

“Yeah, I did 95 in a 70.”

“I’ve never gotten one.”

Comments

H_Lecter 3 years, 7 months ago

A warning in Iowa, two years ago.

100 in a 70 & just a warning.

oneflewover 3 years, 7 months ago

Kind of got a seeding ticket but not really. Was out of state, noticed lots of people being pulled over so I followed the speed limit. Got pulled over and issued a ticket, was total bs. Upon return to Kansas I called and was told it would be taken care of. And it was.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 7 months ago

Not sure the exact speed, but my Delorean was bookin' it with the flux capacitor and gigawatts and what have you. Got me some old timey pie.

riverdrifter 3 years, 7 months ago

Yes. The next to worst was 111 mph in a 55 out in the hustings back when the limit was 55 mph statewide. I was in a Carmaro Z28 with two labrador retrievers in crates crammed in the back under the hatch along with guns, duffle bags and hunting gear. Eventually got chewed out and fined heavily by a lady judge who at the time (it came to be known later) was having an affair with the deputy who ticketed me. Years later the lady judge and I -oh, nevermind. Long story. See.

Becky Finger 3 years, 7 months ago

Mine was lame. 43 in a 30 in some podunk town in south Kansas where the cops really had nothing better to do than to pull somebody over at midnight.

Bill Lee 3 years, 7 months ago

I'm old enough and drive fast often, so I've been pulled over many times. I ususally get off with a warning, but I've had to pay a few times. My favorite was about 25 years ago when I was pulled over in front of South Jr. High on my way to a meeting with then police chief Ron Olin. I asked the cop if he'd call the chief and explain why I was going to be late. I got off with a warning, but was told it wasn't because I was on my way to a meeting with the chief.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Long time ago in another life . . . Speed "in excess of 100 mph in a 50 mph zone" along with three other offenses. Small town cop and judge, court held in judges kitchen. Plead my case, was told infractions would be listed as "pending" as long as I paid my fine, so I would not lose my license. Judge was imprisoned years later for having done this quite often and pocketing the fines. None of the charges ever showed up on my record.

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

30 in a 20 school zone on Louisianna back when they had the 24/7 school zones. Months later some guy contested the legality of 24/7 schools zones and the higher courts agreed. Never got my money back from the city though.

LogicMan 3 years, 7 months ago

Warp 2 in a sublight zone, in my youth. Those cops around Orion sure know how to soil the fun.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 7 months ago

The Empire tried to give me a ticket for doing the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

Ksgirl2000 3 years, 7 months ago

Yep, I was going 46 in a 35mph zone. First time in Eudora and just wanted Caseys gas. No speed sign from the off ramp point until the decline where I got tagged. Needless to say, will NEVER go to Eudora again.

jhawkinsf 3 years, 7 months ago

Doing 31 in a 20 MPH school zone in Texas. Had out of state tags and all. I was driving a '67 VW bug that had a top speed of about 31 as I recall.

chihuahua2 3 years, 7 months ago

I got one on tenn.st go 55 n a 35!!

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

Don't recall any spots on Tennesee St where the speedlimit is 35. Where is that?

Paris 3 years, 7 months ago

I don't speed, silly! And that cocaine was NOT mine.

pace 3 years, 7 months ago

Best ticket I ever got was when I was 19, I am ashamed to say how fast I was going. The patrolman who stopped me took the time to describe what it was like to scrap a family off the highway because a young person like me hit them. I slowed down. Now i have to be careful to maintain a speed fitting the flow. Turtles and hares both can take out someone just trying to get home.

gphawk89 3 years, 7 months ago

66 in a 55, southbound on highway 281, 11 miles north of Luray, in 1986. That's the only one. Had to outrun LPD on Clinton Parkway a couple years later. Got away, but decided it was time to slow down a bit after that.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 7 months ago

My last ticket was in 1997 going 80 in a 70 at 3AM on US71 going past Butler, MO. Not another car on the road for miles, pitch black. The county mountie that caught me was going south bound while I was going north bound. I was on my way back from Arkansas in a '95 Jeep Wrangler. I had my cat, a purebred Ragdoll, with me. He loved to ride in the car and was a very beautiful seal bi-color. He was up in the back window where he hung out when he was in the car. The deputy shined his flashlight in the car and said, "Is that a CAT?" I said yes and the officer proceeded to try and talk me out of him. Um, no. He gave me my ticket and I went about my business. Cost me 85$. I don't drive anymore so I don't worry about it. Somebody else gets popped it's their fault and their 'sponsibility.

Bailey Perkins 3 years, 7 months ago

The hill on 9th St....#%$%^@^%....37 in a 30....right as I reached the bottom of the hill. City obviously needed to reach quota, otherwise that ticket was a serious load.....

hujiko 3 years, 7 months ago

43 eastbound on 19th, right down the hill from Iowa. The first time I had been pulled over for any reason, absolutely no infractions on my driving record and no criminal history. The officer (KUPD) took my information and returned with a 135$ ticket.

I don't think the KU cops deserve to sit on city property and ticket people, the campus is another story. Just sayin'

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Or . . . .

"Pigpen this here's the Rubber Duck and I'm about to put the hammer down!"

Romans832 3 years, 7 months ago

The one and only time... It was late afternoon (perhaps around 4:00), on New Years' Eve. I don't remember the year. I was going to get on the east Topeka turnpike entrance. It was "a little bit country" (near the bottom of the hill on 21st) and I didn't see a speed limit sign. I think I was clocked going 43 MPH, and the speed limit was 30. I happened to have the MADD ribbon on my door handle, so at least the officer knew he wouldn't have to deal with me drinking AND driving.

beeshlii 3 years, 7 months ago

66 in 55 mph by New Mexico state trooper. i am a male, he listed my sex as female, i contested it, but i still pay the fine. $88.

Ralph Reed 3 years, 7 months ago

1. Yes.
  2. Took a long time, but I finally got the records sealed. (I really didn't think my car would go that fast.)