Previous   Next

What was your least favorite class in school?

Asked at Set 'em Up Jacks, 1800 E 23rd St. on March 8, 2011

Browse the archives

“Jewish studies.”

“Philosophy.”

“English.”

“Business calculus.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

First.Grade. It all went down hill from there.

looza 3 years, 5 months ago

African American studies....zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 5 months ago

None. I had favorite classes but none I really hated.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I have been encouraged to go back and finish. Now what good would it do for a 63 year old coot to have a 6th grade diploma? Would I still get picked last at recess?

gccs14r 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm with Ceallach. I like Calvin's alternative title for P.E.:

"Studies in Contemporary State-Sponsored Terrorism. ....Also known as gym class."

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Anybody else remember Mr Burger at Central? Never had to do homework, just wait until when assignment due then copy from the board as he worked out each problem we said we had trouble with. Almost always got him to do enough of them to get a decent grade. He and my dad fished together for years after they both retired. Rest in peace Elvis . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

But then we had Mrs Engleson(sp?) for 9th grade algebra. She was the debbil

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

About 15 years ago my kids and I were target shooting down on the sand bar using the bank for a back stop. A small flock of geese flew over so we stopped to watch them. Amazingly, they landed on the sand island about 60 yards from us. While we were enjoying this natural scene of geese feeding and resting so close to us a group of canoes and kayaks came by. One of the group, spotting a goose swimming upstream with its head under the surface feeding, yelled "Whatsa matter with that DUCK?". Another said,"That S.O.B. probably shot it!!" They all rapidly paddled over to "rescue" the "injured" "duck", scaring them all into flight including the one they thought injured. I yelled over to them, "Miraculous recovery, huh!!" . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

C M Birds M R Geese

(I see what you did there) ;-)

Scott Morgan 3 years, 5 months ago

I can't remember the who routine, do you?

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

i dint think they wuz nun to brite callin a armeded man names but i keeped my kool as alwaes

earline james 3 years, 5 months ago

gym class. (the horror, the horror)

beeshlii 3 years, 5 months ago

history about native americans and how they migrated from canada or some Foreign country. we did not, we always been here on this what you call USA from time immortal. so I hated History class.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Hollis - Nanny Duver asked me if I ever played football. "No sir" I said. "You will here" he said. "I don't think so",I said. "You'll wish you did" he said. I did.

Scott Morgan 3 years, 5 months ago

I hated history as well. Far too short on the Welsh coal miners role in Colonial America.

booyalab 3 years, 5 months ago

All of the OTS least favorites are my favorites, go figure. Seriously though, how does someone not like philosophy?

There weren't any specific subjects I didn't like, if I didn't like the class it was because of the instructor or curricula. Though there were subjects I was more talented in, like English and art, so I enjoyed them more than others that didn't come naturally, like math.