Previous   Next

What ranking should the KU men’s basketball team have?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on March 1, 2011

Browse the archives

“We should be ranked number one, but we shouldn’t have lost to K-State.”

“I think they should be ranked number one, but I’m glad they’re number two.”

“Number one. It (the new number two ranking) just doesn’t follow the precedent, really.”

“I don’t like being number one. Number two or number three is ideal. With number one it’s too big of a target.”

Comments

jaywalker 3 years, 1 month ago

Just doesn't matter. Always nice to be considered so highly, though "the love" seems fairly non-existent for a team that's never been out of the top 5 all year. All things considered, forget number one overall since only one has won the tourney in the last 16 years. But from where I'm sitting, I'm looking forward to the Final Four. This is one of the best overall teams I've ever seen, I really think we have a fantastic chance.

thuja 3 years, 1 month ago

Good and bad are delusions.

Majestic42 3 years, 1 month ago

Second until OSU proves it isn't as good as we are. As it stands now, we're just not THAT good.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 1 month ago

Who cares about ranking - it's only numbers.

That guy in the last photo sure is hot!

consumer1 3 years, 1 month ago

G do you mean in terms of street brawls?

g_rock 3 years, 1 month ago

How are we doing against he football team, the baseball players, the basketball managers and the women's basketball team so far?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 1 month ago

autie.

Take the temperature in °R and subtract 459.67 and you will get temperature in °F.

So much better than that hippie, pinko, commie, flag burning, granola eating, Birkenstock wearing, roach toking, liberal miscreant goat fornicating thin little pancake eating Celsius add 32 multiply by 5/9ths Al Gore gets a royalties for every electron passing through the intertubes gay ass scale.

Plus in Rankine, zero is absolute zero. Rankine rules!

BorderRat 3 years, 1 month ago

I've got a good friend who summed it up great. "It's all pre-season until the NCAA tournament."

HollisBrown 3 years, 1 month ago

I've never been good at catching flies, anyway. Plus I think you need some of those hip boot things. I guess I could borrow some from Basement Boy. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_T_xs_zEE8NU/TAiEj1vCjNI/AAAAAAAAAco/I9_lPvwicAE/s1600/IML-2010-046.png

autie 3 years, 1 month ago

519 degrees R? Do you have a conversion formula for that?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 1 month ago

Who cares? The sun is shining, it's gonna be 519°R this afternoon, I am never going to show an ID to vote, and somebody is endorsing sin.

I am going to tee up a bag of golf balls down range and smack them with lead.

CWGOKU 3 years, 1 month ago

Whatever it takes to get a number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. Otherwise the rankings are worthless. The tournament is gonna be wide open this year. Going to be a fun bracket to fill out. Fly fishing? Is that like zipping your pants?

BABBOY 3 years, 1 month ago

I agree with TOB. Rankings mean too much in football. I wish they didn't but in football they determine the NC.

Basketball has it right. Rankings meaning nothing -- or at least very little. The NCAA does not even use them in their selection looking things like automatic bids, strength of schedule, and RPI.

At this point in the season, you just want to be high to get a number one seed. Even then the NCAA seems to take pleasure in ignoring the rankings going with a different top 4 then the polls.

Number 2 is great spot --- no bull’s-eye but very likely a number one seed.

prospector 3 years, 1 month ago

Yo' Momma is so fat, when she sits around the house, she sits around the house.

Yo' Momma swims after troop ships.

Yo ' Momma was rotten to the Corp but the Army loved her.

That's what I thought rankling was.

HollisBrown 3 years, 1 month ago

I've been thinking about doing some fly fishing. I have no idea what in the hell that is. I even saw "A River Runs Through It", but I'm still not sure. However, my summer will peak when Bob Dylan gets here.

autie 3 years, 1 month ago

Yes ..and regardless of any rankings certain people will "give" twenty dollar bills away to other people. For whatever reason I have yet to figure out.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 1 month ago

"Oh boy. I just remembered. It's almost baseball season. And golf. Great. Well, at least the T.V. will get some rest."

Yep. However, the fishing poles will be getting a work out.

HollisBrown 3 years, 1 month ago

nobody1793 3 years, 1 month ago

Fortunately, the national championship is settled on the court, not by lawyers.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 1 month ago

Rankings in college basketball are completely meaningless. The committee in no way, shape or form pays attention to them.

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 1 month ago

Also may I ask, Tony what are you doing at Target????

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 1 month ago

Right where they are good ole number two------like Mr. Jones said number one is carring a big target

jstthefacts 3 years, 1 month ago

northtown 3 years, 1 month ago

5 To #8???They are to going to have play hard and good to win any the rest of the way!!Hate to say it,but K-state has woke up-look out world the roten purple people eaters and just going to eat thier way up!!!!

HollisBrown 3 years, 1 month ago

Um, Autie, Northern Iowa doesn't start with a "B". But Basement Boy does, and so do Beavis and Butthead. And Michael Bolton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZ4FGK4iFw

autie 3 years, 1 month ago

Fifth. Something about the way that word has a ring to it. Besides it is a death wish for us to be a number one seed in the tournament. We would be prone to lose in the first round to a "B" school. You know, like Bucknell or a Bradley or Butler or Northern Iowa.

jonas_opines 3 years, 1 month ago

Second the second.

Never made sense to have OSU drop below us.

Balls in our court now. Thank you K-State.