Previous   Next

If you could study abroad anywhere, where would you go and why?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 29, 2011

Browse the archives

“Israel. I’m a Christian and it’s naturally an interesting place to study.”

“Scotland. I’ve always wanted to tour the castles.”

“Peru. There are lots of things I’d like to see there like Machu Picchu.”

“I have studied abroad in Australia. It was an amazing time.”

Related story

Comments

fabian_zimbabwe 4 years, 1 month ago

Wow, exciting life you lead there, lawman. Every riveting answer you provide at the stroke of midnight is either none, no one, nothing or nowhere.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 1 month ago

Study abroad was an amazing experience I'm glad I took advantage of--in high school and in college.

Would love to go to South Asia for econ if I could sign up one more time, or to China for public health, or to any west African francophone country to become fluent en français.

Honestly, I'd go anywhere for a good opportunity.

The world is an excellent place.

Bill Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

Germany, I lived there for five years in my youth and would like to go back to see what's changed.,

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Hoxie, Ks. Spent a week in jail there one night. Damn mattress was full of crabs. Crabs hell, them critters were big as lobsters. I'd like to go back to fumigate that rat hole. At least I had a private room. Cage. Cell . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

The Peoples Republic of Bangladesh. I knew a young man back in the '70's who was a Political Science major from there. Told him it sounded like he was on a suicide mission, but he made his country sound interesting. I would like to know if he made it in politics.

side note: He transferred to KU from a Texas college. He said the cowboys used to beat him up and call him an "effing Iranian". He also said Texas was more dangerous than his home country and he felt safe in Lawrence. Put a mark up on the wall for Larryville for that.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Lemon grass can be used as a flavoring for an herbal smoking mixture. There is no reason to believe it will make you high.

(cue fluxie)

geekin_topekan 4 years, 1 month ago

I'd like to study the broads in the Amazon. I hear they run around nekky.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

Travel to Barsoom & hang out with the Tharks. they're a lot of laughs once they get liquored up.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Ah good. The real BABBOY is back. Probably has an employee pi$$in in his cheerios again.

wmathews 4 years, 1 month ago

I studied in Florence, Italy. It was expensive. I will be paying off those student loans for eleventy billion years.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm impressed! I don't think BABBOY is, but he's back wearing his cranky pants today.

wmathews 4 years, 1 month ago

Thanks to Professor Kozma's crazy-intense classes at KU I can now decipher an Italian wine label, correctly pair pasta and sauce and smh at those who pronounce it broo-shet-ah instead of broo-sket-ah.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Well what else could you possibly need??

;-)

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

I'd like to go back to Scotland and study once again the grouse hunting, shotguns, single malt and the ladies -all of the finest Scottish manufacture.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm thinkin' y'all are bein' disrespectful calling chicks "broads". But that's just me . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Them girlies can get purty riled up when you don't respect 'em

bevy 4 years, 1 month ago

Was she looking over your shoulder when you typed that?

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Guess I better get the mowing done. Don't look like the little woman is gonna do it.

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

If I could study a broad anywhere it would be Christina Hendricks (a broad) on the island of Corfu (Greece). Do I really need to say why? OK, she is as beautiful (and hot) as Corfu is.

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

cant believe he took the time off from celebrity rehab

Scott Morgan 4 years, 1 month ago

I've heard a lot about this area called New Jersey, this could be a fun place to study.

Having almost 3 decades with a feminist, on her scale the word 'broad' only deserves a hard poke with index finger.

Serious words or phrases to watch out for........anything with women's work attached, add the adjective cute to chick and there will be blood.

bevy 4 years, 1 month ago

Ireland - my ancestors came from there and it seems like it would be beautiful, fun and entertaining. Like any good broad should be!

beatrice 4 years, 1 month ago

England. I'm an athiest and it is naturally an interesting place to study.

Scott Morgan 4 years, 1 month ago

England is seeped in religion Beatrice? Seriously I would love to spend a few months roaming around Wales.

beatrice 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes, I am aware. See the original responses. I just find throwing in religion on random questions to be, well, random.

dajudge 4 years, 1 month ago

My nephew went to France this summer. The highlight was getting to go to London and eating at Chipotle. Kids these days. Could have had some thin pancakes in France.

rumor_man 4 years, 1 month ago

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It's close and they speak english.

rockchalker52 4 years, 1 month ago

tsk, prospector, u iz out of it. 'walks away shaking head'
hey, that's it!

wmathews 4 years, 1 month ago

It's Internet speak for "shake my head."

ksriver2010 4 years, 1 month ago

My general rule of thumb is that I would like to see more of the US first before going abroad.

But otherwise, I would love to visit Ireland and Canada. Or just finished watching a LOTR marathon. So New Zealand would be a good idea too.

Jimo 4 years, 1 month ago

Somalia. What could be more useful than seeing what the consequence of non-government would be? Into the pirates' den!