Previous   Next

What’s one book you’d like to read this summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 27, 2011

Browse the archives

“’Freedom’ by Jonathan Franzen.”

“I’m not a big reader so I don’t know.”

“I’ve been meaning to read ‘The Alchemist.’”

Comments

kernal 3 years, 6 months ago

"Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 27, 2011"? Neat trick. Are we now in Alaska, Land of the Midnight Sun?

kernal 3 years, 6 months ago

"A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

"Exit the Game: For a Stalker-Free Life" by Jane Davenport

Sheryl Wiggins 3 years, 6 months ago

I'd go with Juliet, Naked! What? The book, the book.

Peaty Romano 3 years, 6 months ago

"The Absolute at Large" by Karel Čapek

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

"The Anarchist Cookbook". Even Though it's been around for 40 years I've never read it in it's entirety. Something about explosives so sensitive a fly walking on them could set them off is a little disturbing. . Even for me . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Here you go Roe, even has a section on "mantrapping" which sounds scary. Ragnar's Big Book Of Homemade Weapons: Building And Keeping Your Arsenal Secure

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Yep that's another one of them Paladin Press releases the Mrs says won't cross the same threshold she does.

;-)

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

If you don't want to spend a couple of hundred on that book , he has one called Mantrapping which is a lot cheaper. "this gut-wrenching book covers such mantraps as the Malaysian Hawk, the Andes Mountain Trail Trap, the Sheepeater's Rock Fall and the Cuban Water Trap. To know how to trap your enemy is to know how to avoid being trapped yourself. For academic study only. "

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Not the part that says " For academicstudy only"

jonas_opines 3 years, 6 months ago

I'll read whatever Chelsea's reading. Or at least I'll feign a great deal of interest if I see her at a coffee shop.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Talk about a good read! Just heard this about a local poster!

The Fishing Trip ....autie and his buddies were hanging out and planning an upcoming fishing trip. Unfortunately, he had to tell them that he couldn't go this time because his wife wouldn't let him. After a lot of teasing and name calling, autie headed home frustrated. The following week when autie's buddies arrived at the lake they were shocked to see autie. He was already sitting on the dock, fishing rod in hand, and drinking a beer. His buddies asked, How did you talk your missus into letting you go, autie? autie replied, Last night I came home and slumped down in my chair with a beer to drown my sorrows thinking how much I wanted to go fishing. Then the little lady snuck up behind me and covered my eyes and said, Surprise'. When I peeled her hands back she was standing there in a beautiful see-through negligee and she said, Carry me into the bedroom and tie me to the bed and you can do whatever you want. . . So here I am.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Doggone it multi, I'm in line to win that big one 'cept I've promised to share it with so many people I'll probably end up penniless when the dust settles anyway . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Sigh, off to work, but I bet Whitney has been searching for a "how to keep your online bloggers under control" book.

wmathews 3 years, 6 months ago

I've been trying to finish "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest" for a few months. I'm making progress as time spent poolside increases. After that I'll read "Those Guys Have All The Fun."

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Been there, done that. The fish will be there waitin' . Be tough, in a day or two you'll wish you'd done it sooner.

MarcoPogo 3 years, 6 months ago

"Mean Girls" by Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 6 months ago

One book in a Summer? I read 3-5 in a week! And, my wife is a Kindle fanatic. Before the Kindle, most heard exclamation in this house, "I'm out of books to read" Let's go to Half-Price!