Previous   Next

What was the last vacation you took?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on June 22, 2011

Browse the archives

“I went to Arizona to visit my family.”

“We went to Vegas to visit friends.”

“Virginia. My sister and family live down there.”

“Oklahoma. We went to White Water Bay.”

Comments

Bill Lee 3 years, 6 months ago

Does my trip to SE Kansas last fall count? All I did was drive around and take photos. That sounds like a vacation. I'll think I may do it again. I'm considering Iowa next time.

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

Flew to Tucson last part of February. Hiked in Sabino Canyon, hit Sullivan's Steakhouse, drove up Mt. Lemon, then over to New Mexico to visit family, hiked in some more gorgeous canyons, flew back home out of Tucson.

Might try it again next year, only in March. Desert is blooming more around then. Gonna need a place with a heated pool next time.

Usually it's vicarious vacations via the travel channel & such.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Ten day trip to Europe. Not me, the Mrs. I stayed home. She got caught in Amsterdam airport with a 2" plastic pocket knife and a small canister of pepper spray in her purse after already going through three other airport checkpoints. Both items highly illegal in Netherlands, but she didn't know. They almost kept her. Almost . . .

beeshlii 3 years, 5 months ago

you would be jumping with joy if they kept her.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I don't like vacation trips, never have. I am most at peace when I am within 50 miles of home. There's no place like home. (My kids say I don't trust unfamiliar toilets)

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

ohjayhawk 3 years, 5 months ago

Don't know why, but the thought of an outboard motor on a kayak literally made me lol.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

thuja. Already slept three hours. How many more do I need?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

For the love of (insert deity name here), get the rotten teeth / lip cancer photo off the front page. It's disgusting.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Autie . . . sit there and listen to your stomach gnaw on itself . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Autie, sing 99 bottles of beer on the wall, it will drive them nuts and they'll get you in quicker. Better if you sing off key.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

As for the OTS, grrrr don't remind me, don't want to talk about it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

My survival kit requires an F-250 4WD and a three axle trailer

labmonkey 3 years, 5 months ago

What the hell is a vacation? 1000 hours of OT in 2009 and 750 hours OT last year.

boxers_or_briefs 3 years, 5 months ago

You two might not have to work as many hours if you would stop posting here all the time. Just sayin' :-)

schula 3 years, 5 months ago

To Minnesota last year -- helped a friend move her daughter to college

sr80 3 years, 5 months ago

60 days courtesy of douglas county sheriff's dept. I thoroughly enjoyed that vacation !!!!!!

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

My neighbor was invited to Cedar Crest recently. She is a state employee whose politics don't exactly mesh with those of the current governor. I told her to remain positive and to tell me one nice thing about her visit. She said the food was good.

wmathews 3 years, 5 months ago

Everyday is just as awesome as a vacation when I'm keeping an eye on the OTS.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

You really DO need a vacation!

btw; is kayak a bad word?

8-)

wmathews 3 years, 5 months ago

Rufus lets only me use the phone booth. Sorry.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Have known people that would borrow money or use charge cards to take the family on a vacation, then come home and have to work overtime or a second job to pay off the vacation just in time to start all over. Talk about crazy.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I am a kayak stain on the waterways of Kansas.

sob

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

beeshlii 3 years, 5 months ago

went rock sliding at sliding rock, oak creek canyon, chased off all people there cause they thought we were carrier of diease. LMAO, from there to Phx, from Phx to Califoria the beachs, up north to Six Flags, and we got back on I-40 hiway and hit east bound. it was first and last time. the kids are all grown up and on thier own. we had a great wonderful time. :( i want to go again, but this time up north, canada.

H_Lecter 3 years, 5 months ago

This week - Bicycle Tour of Colorado.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Kayaks on sale in Cabela's sale flyer today.

bevy 3 years, 5 months ago

Went to Texas about 4 years ago with two whining teenagers and a hyperactive tweener. Spent a week with my hubby's aunt WAAAAY out in the country. It was awesome! But the kids were a little bored. Did go to Waco to the Texas Ranger museum and the Dr. Pepper Museum. Got to drink Dr. P with REAL sugar - none of that HFCS stuff. Then I remembered why I used to like the stuff. It was good. On the way home, nearly got nailed by tornados, then picked up a nail and had to change a tire along the turnpike in a pouring rainstorm. Quite an adventure!