Previous   Next

What do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 21, 2011

Browse the archives

“I count in Spanish to 100. Sometimes backwards.”

“Sometimes I’ll get up and walk around, get a drink of water and try to go back to sleep.”

“Watch TV.”

“Count sheep.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Troll for maroons . . . doesn't take long . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

"Urban Dictionary"

maroon; A term of derision often uttered by Bugs Bunny when referring to an interaction with a dopey adversary. It is a mispronunciation of the word "Moron"

"What a Maroon!" "Will ya get a load of this maroon"

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

autie (anonymous) says… "cast and reel, cast and reel, cast and reel. Strike! reel,reel,reel. Remove hook, place in basket. And again. cast and reel, cast and reel, cast and reel."

Thanks autie. That describes what I do here to a "t"

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

"What do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?"

I don't have trouble falling asleep. The voices keep waking me.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Do you ever wake up with a song goin' through your head, no reason for it but you just can't shake it? Then you kinda wait, thinking maybe you'll have a revelation and it will all make sense. . . . but it never does . . .

♫Anybody here seen my old friend John? Can you tell me where he's gone? He freed a lot of people, But it seems the good they die young. I just looked around and he's gone.♫

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Actually have that 45 laying around somewhere.

verity 3 years, 6 months ago

LadyJ, for a second I thought you were talking about a revolver. Seemed like that solution was a little radical.

Sheryl Wiggins 3 years, 6 months ago

dork laugh I do that exact same thing. Then I get up and get a Tylenol PM

kateku 3 years, 6 months ago

I do the same thing! There is a fine time line for correct Tylenol PM consumption. You have to take it early enough that it won't disrupt your ability to hear the alarm.

trinity 3 years, 6 months ago

i'm about 3/4 of the way through that book-can't stomach more than a few pages at a time. disgusting, the entire lot of them.

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Watching tv puts me out. Got some of those new fangled tvs and I just set it to go off in an hour so it doesn't stay on half the night.

LogicMan 3 years, 6 months ago

It is very handy that you earth hairless apes sleep. That makes it easy for my and other species to sneak in and do experiments on you.

looza 3 years, 6 months ago

I ask my wife to talk to me....it puts me right out!

Scott Morgan 3 years, 6 months ago

ditto, then I shudder silently until the light of morning saves me.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Just for the record I have never intentionally scared the bejeesus out of any street walkers by presumptuous molestation due to my inner creepiness when I turn into an attack dog.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

LadyJ - I have a couple of .45's laying around here too . . .

. . for when the aliens bring their probes . .

K_Verses_The_World 3 years, 6 months ago

Nobody can get no sleep There’s someone on everyone’s toes But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here Ev’rybody’s gonna wanna doze

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Knew a guy like that. Work, work, work, night and day, type A (actually AAAA). Claimed he would retire a multi-millionaire by age 45. Brain aneurysm got him at 41. The wife and kids did okay though.

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

Masturbation. Great time to meet the stranger again or

If it is before 2:00AM I will head down to Brothers and just drink what is left on the bar and pass out about 20 minutes later. Do not know how it works but I forget most of the night and wake up feeling like I was drugged but hey, it works

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

I try to make out the shape of the ceiling fan in the dark while mentally quoting Ol' Ben Franklin. "Early to bed, early to rise...healthy, wealthy & wise." Attaining one out of three is a start, I guess. I fall asleep thinking about the other two. I don't know if the national bird should be the turkey, but I'd be ok with it for either major political party. You see! It's working, isn't it? Give it a try, Ben's a snooze.

gccs14r 3 years, 6 months ago

I want to know what number Kelsi starts from when she counts backwards to 100 in Spanish.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

I make myself a margarita. The rim of the glass is salted with the bitter tears of disappointed progressives.

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

you sure it is just the tears from the "disappointed progressives" that leaves a "salted" taste in your mouth?

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Dillon's North Topeka today, reg. gas $3.24 . . . .02 less with Dillon card

Who controls (fixes) the price of gas in Lawrence?

Kent Fisher 3 years, 6 months ago

RoeDapple...You're material is priceless! Keep it up!

Kent Fisher 3 years, 6 months ago

Actually, I was baiting you. Caught you Hook, Line, and Sinker! Touche!

Now stop fishing for trolls!

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I'll get back with you when I get over the writer's block

;-)

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

How's that blog coming? Oh yeah "There are no posts here yet."

KUHOOPS . . . It's what I do. No one has to read what I write, but trolls seem to think they owe it to me to respond. It got you talking to me . . . didn't it

Touche!

BigPrune 3 years, 6 months ago

i video tape city commission meetings, then replay them if i can't sleep.

centrist1 3 years, 6 months ago

Turn the TV on to faux news and have nightmares.