Previous   Next

What is your preferred method of exercise?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 20, 2011

Browse the archives

“The elliptical.”

“Swimming.”

“Playing tennis.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

For some reason I was expecting to see a wardrobe malfunction when I clicked on it . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

12 oz. curls of course. I don't get near enough exercise anymore . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

I once read for every hour you spend exercising you add one hour to your life. I say why spend it sweating . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

A buddy of mine has run at least two hours per day since he was 15 years old, plus many marathons, half marathons and 5 K's. By my calculations he has added approximately 3.75 years to his life. If the skin cancer doesn't get him . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

Who has time for exercise? Cleaning all day, rentals moving out, yard work, racing around up and down stairs, and somehow squeeze in painting two houses. Hell, I need a rest break. Thank god I can't roof, get to pay someone to do that.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Careful Bob! Only a few dozen of us know who he is!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

The only important names is that of the man behind the paddle

rockchalker52 3 years, 11 months ago

My sis & her husband have run virtually every day for more than thirty years. They iz healthy. They inspired me to do the same for a number of years before I switched to Roe's methods. Now I yam fat.
Recently I started back with the sister's way. Now I yam fat & sore. Actually, I like running because it feels good when I stop.

jd 3 years, 11 months ago

I lay down and take a nap until the urge to exercise passes.

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

I have insurance awareness day every month, sometimes two or three times. Glad I got flood insurance but then been paying on it for 30 yrs and haven't used it yet.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

I seem to be drawing quite a following! Fluxie, rantor and the man of a thousand names (and threats)!! Good! They are not bothering anyone who might be a little more sensitive about these things. Makes me feel I'm helping keep the sewage from overflowing. Good exercise . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

Not to mention it enables those of us that just have time for quick peeks at the action and fun to find it fast. Just click on Roe's comment history and follow the fun.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

She is the Goddess of the OTS! With the mere tap of her pinky finger she can disapearededed us all, yet she shows mercy. All hail she who eats ketchup!

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

Actually bought one a few months ago but it's still in the freezer.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

"leftover biscuits and gravy"

Wow . . . I've never experienced that. Don't know if I could back away from the table without putting some of it in my pockets . .

equalaccessprivacy 3 years, 11 months ago

Before Lawrence street harassers scared the bejeezus out of me I always totally loved walking. Too bad people in this part of the country are raised to be so aggressive and insensitive to others and the fact that they are not God's Gift and might not have the competence or intelligence others prize in their associates.Get a clue. Others have no reason to trust you or think well of you . If you are the type who hassles strangers anyone might doubt your character and competence. The presumptuous molestation and grabbing people and their belongings is going way too far--positively illegal. Then you turn into attack dogs when told to back off--just shows your true inner creepiness. Any town where someone can''t freely enjoy public space and get needed exercise by walking to destinations is just a crappy place to live. What a crazy, heartless, and destructive place.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Hollis - The last fight I was in I was 22, you would have been about three. Probably could have kicked my @$$ then too.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

I like chasing strangers who don't want to be hugged.

bevy 3 years, 11 months ago

Scrolling through the LJWorld Website. Always gets my pulse and blood pressure up!

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

Insanity and P90X. Clear out the furniture and work out first thing in the morning at home. With it too hot to run on a regular basis here in Phoenix, I realized last summer I needed something to do indoors. These two dvd programs are just the ticket, particularly Insanity.

Let's face it, we aren't getting any younger and you can't outrun the new, fast zombies if you haven't been doing your cardio exercise. Making sure you can outrun zombies is just old-fashioned common sense.

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

No hail, my garage is full of somebody's stuff.

riverdrifter 3 years, 11 months ago

Tornado watch just to our west issued at 310p. They'll tack us on later.

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

Doing my favorite right now. Cruising the LJW eating a cup of ice cream after work.

rockchalker52 3 years, 11 months ago

From Hollis: Is that suppertime or dinnertime? With my ol' man it was suppertime. Sometimes we went downtown to eat it. Unless it was uptown. We always argued about which direction that was.

The dinner bell is for farmhands at noontime.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

What will tomorrow bring? I already have so many stupid irrelevant responses for my new best friends to complain about I will never get to sleep.