Previous   Next

Have you ever been to a rodeo?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 18, 2011

Browse the archives

“About 15 years ago. I don’t really remember the events but there was a wasp nest display. That was pretty cool.”

“Yes. I like barrel racing. Bull riding is too scary.”

“Yes. I like the bull riding.”

“I’ve never been to one.”

Comments

scopi_guy 2 years, 10 months ago

This ain't my first time at the rodeo I know how to win the hard way ---Mommie Dearest

beeshlii 2 years, 10 months ago

i am/live rodeo, i get stomped on and broken bones, teeth missing, i wear false teeth, collar bone broken both sides 4 times, ribs broken lots of time, i have a scar running down all the way from my forehead to my chin, one side of my legs is crooked, now i have to wear a helmet and a protective vest. i travel over 2000 miles on a weekend hitting 3-5 rodeos. i chew skoal and my only friend is another cowboy laying next bed beside me injured. we laugh and next night we are at it again.

geekin_topekan 2 years, 10 months ago

Hey! That's the panhandler chick from downtown!

I went to a Garth Brooks concert in KC once. I wanted to see the live animals and midgets.

autie 2 years, 10 months ago

Is the lieberry open this late?

Elrond 2 years, 10 months ago

Why would I go watch animals tortured for human entertainment?

Flap Doodle 2 years, 10 months ago

Depends on how you define "rodeo".

HollisBrown 2 years, 10 months ago

Layzie, Bizzy and Krayzie are gonna roll some beats and bump it hard. They only have one good song, but I would go if they'd play it over and over, and if the show wasn't $20. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daXQN5...

HollisBrown 2 years, 10 months ago

Whit, I won't even touch your comment. I'm having visuals that would get me banned in 2 seconds.

HollisBrown 2 years, 10 months ago

No rodeo is as much fun as Bone Thugs-N-Harmony at the Granada tonight. That's gonna be a stone groove. I bet Guns-N-Knives will be there too. Oh, I know all about rodeos. I'm a Shriner. I put on clown makeup and drive one of those go-karts. The kiddies love me. A clown is actually a very perverse, terrifying thing. But there were even scarier things last time I went to the rodeo. I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin' I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin' I saw a white ladder all covered with water I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Hopefully no animals were harmed in the production of this OTS

g_rock 2 years, 10 months ago

I was a rodeo clown in a previous life. Either that or I've spent a lot of time with a lot of bullpoop.

wmathews 2 years, 10 months ago

I once went to a bar in Oklahoma City that had live bull riding. I was out of place.

Tony Kisner 2 years, 10 months ago

This is not my first rodeo. Not true I am a poser, never been to one.

DappleRoad 2 years, 10 months ago

Yes,one with Roe,Hollis&autie all riding each other-Hell-o there buddies!!!

tange 2 years, 10 months ago

I've been, with Neil...

A long, long road trip, as I recall....

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 10 months ago

LadyJ 2 years, 10 months ago

When my daughter was about 5, the video store carried rodeo films of riders getting thrown off. She loved to rent those things.

Bill Lee 2 years, 10 months ago

It's been a long time since I've been to a rodeo, but I used to go when I was young. Does it count that I used to live just off Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles?

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight." - George Gobel

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

thuja 2 years, 10 months ago

Cowboy Poker, now that's funny right thar.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 10 months ago

A few. Pike's Peak or Bust was the best one. Our band marched in the parade (a killer, lol) then later in the week,we were given tickets to the rodeo. Great fun. Remember, fun is what you make of it. If you're with stick in the muds, that's how much fun you'll have. . http://www.coloradospringsrodeo.com/

zippy53 2 years, 10 months ago

Yes! I loved seeing all the bull!

Oh. Wait a minute. That was the DNC........

riverdrifter 2 years, 10 months ago

Wasp nest display? Dang.

Yep, been to the Strong city rodeo many times. Never a wasp nest display. Never. Shoot...

Pywacket 2 years, 10 months ago

No way. You'd have to pay me a lot to sit through one of those things.