Previous   Next

What is your least favorite household chore?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 16, 2011

Browse the archives

“Cleaning the bathrooms.”

“Scooping the cat box.”

“Mopping the floors.”

“I don’t really have one. I love cleaning. It’s just a peaceful thing. It’s part of making a home, is cleaning it and taking care of it.”

Comments

zippy53 3 years, 6 months ago

Turning off the TV when Dear Leader comes on the tube.

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Make up a checklist on your computer and hand it to her and tell her to check them off when she is done.

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Hope she isn't high priced then. Of course if she can't figure out a written list, she wouldn't know if you paid her the right amount. :)

pace 3 years, 6 months ago

I certainly agree with you. I have spent more time trying to stop it than I have reading it. Just a recycle bucket filler.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

You know, except for having to wear that little French maid's uniform . . . I don't really have one. Well, except for mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms and scooping the litterbox. Okay, I lied. I hate it all. I do like cleaning out the liquor cabinet though.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Good morning fluxie! Looking back over your comment history I see 674 comments, mostly harassing other people! According to the "Terms of Service", nowhere does it state stupid comments will not be tolerated. Harassment on the other hand . . . Well let's put it this way. I have a history too. We'll see who gets TOSsed first. Tah, tah for now, must be on my way!

;-).

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

About the only thing worse than washing the cat would be 'expressing' the dog's anal glands. I mean seriously folks, who makes this shtuff up? Anybody ever tells me I HAVE to do that, I'll just say "Yup, all taken care of." RoeDy don't go there . . . Kinda reminds me of the old joke about the fisherman who got snakebit in the nether region. When the doctor told his fishing partner over the phone how to get the poison out he turned to his friend and said "You're gonna die!"

kernal 3 years, 6 months ago

What DIST said. No one reads those; they're a waste of advertisers money and paper. My suggestion is throw them in the parking lot of the advertisors and let them deal with them.

They end up in the sewers in my neighborhood since some people think proper disposal is throwing them in the street.

kernal 3 years, 6 months ago

Hate cleaning that stupid jetted tub, which I never use, and the shower. I'll take a good ol' fashioned claw foot soaking tub over a jetted tub anyday.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

Cleaning out the lemurs' compound after they've had a three-day tequila binge.

ashamedofyou 3 years, 6 months ago

Dishes / Laundry combo...it will be the death of me. :(

LogicMan 3 years, 6 months ago

Clubs' membership requirements are constitutionally protected, under freedom of association. There are many clubs that don't allow men to join, such as all the sororities at universities.

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

Cleaning out the pee and poo bucket. Got tired of $48.53 monthly water bills from the city. Now I go down to BWW and grab up all of their wetnaps to clean myself with and use the bucket for everything else. STill getting bills that are around $30

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Yes, they charge you for having the meter on your property even if the house has been empty for years.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

Wiener will have lots of company in the ever-growing ranks of the unemployed.

Kontum1972 3 years, 6 months ago

dogs enjoy cleaning out the litter box.....great snack bin...

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

"dogs enjoy cleaning out the litter box"

Tell me boutit! If we didn't keep a chair in front of it the dog would have it cleaned out . . . Hey! That may be one less chore I have to do from now on!.

1029 3 years, 6 months ago

Cleaning the dead mice from behind the stove. I dont understand why there are so many. I think they like to go back there to die because its warm.

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

Is old Bob (Dole) Dylan not playing Farmaid in MO this summer?

Scott Morgan 3 years, 6 months ago

Generally I like cleaning. Even terlets are easy with the proper tools.

I detest washing Tupperware. Even worst is the free Tupperware like containers. Never seem spotless, always a little residue.

Greasy little buggers! Outlaw them!

scopi_guy 3 years, 6 months ago

Housework, if done properly, can kill you.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Just for the record, gas is $3.31 in Topeka today . . .

riverdrifter 3 years, 6 months ago

Cleaning the rain gage on my weather station. It's 30' up. Got it done this morning before it hit. 0.51" so far.

KU_Dude 3 years, 6 months ago

"What is your least favorite household chore?"

Yeah...right...like they're all favorites.

riverdrifter 3 years, 6 months ago

Speaking of rain, I see fearless leader has been in Atchison and Leavenworth. He's unhappy that the river is so high and he wants to control it.

grammaddy 3 years, 6 months ago

It would have to be cleaning the oven. Nobody seems to care how much stuff drips on to the bottom of the oven...until pre-heating sets off the smoke alarms.I've even tried lining the bottom with foil, so it can be removed easily. They can't stand dirty foil, but won't wipe up the floor of the oven. SMDH

gphawk89 3 years, 6 months ago

Cleaning under the fridge. Don't have to do it very often, thankfully. Never can figure out how that gross mix of goo and crumbs gets ALL the way under the fridge.

pace 3 years, 6 months ago

I hate replacing the Kitchen vinyl floor every 20 years.