Previous   Next

How often do you go to the pool?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 15, 2011

Browse the archives

“Not very often yet.”

“A lot.”

“I work all day so usually the sun’s gone by the time I’m off.”

“All the time.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Not since '76. There's just something about seeing somebody's feces floating past me that I haven't been able to lose the mental image of . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Guess you could say I haven't been able to wipe it from my memory . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I'll dedicate this to George_Braziller . . .

Allman Brothers - "Ramblin' Man"

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I call it baiting. And look who took it.

Bill Lee 3 years, 6 months ago

I don't go, but I have grandkids who go every day.

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Funny, none of the people asked have a Lawrence address. Don't remember my kids going more than a few times all the while they were growing up here.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Most candirus are very small and nearly invisible in the water. When they parasitize humans, it is usually only when they are urinating in the water. The candiru tastes the urine stream and follows it back to the human. It then swims up and lodges itself somewhere in the urinary tract with its spines. Blood is drawn, and the candiru gorges itself on both the blood and body tissue, its body sometimes expanding due to the amount of blood. This is all said to be very painful for the person who has this happen to him or her.They are almost impossible to remove due to the spines. They are a species of catfish.

Nothing was mentioned in the article this was gleaned from about their survivability in chlorinated water. It did say they prefer muddy water conditions with low sunlight penetration.

flux 3 years, 6 months ago

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

only when I have to pee or poop. No stems no seeds that you don't need Acapulco gold is some bad ass weed!

wmathews 3 years, 6 months ago

The pool is my happy place until the children arrive and start splashing. Then I get a case of the grumpies. Nobody likes wet book pages.

Kontum1972 3 years, 6 months ago

LoL....!

what no "Kindle"..oh Goddess of the daily wipe.....?

scopi_guy 3 years, 6 months ago

I haven't been to the municipal pool since I was maybe 12. Would go to our pond a lot, take a raft and walk the ducks down with me and we'd all have a swim. Usually would come out with leaches, but that wasn't too big of a deal. Until the time I was floating around on the raft and I saw a big snake skimming across the pond's surface...that put and end to that for me.

ssshhhhhhhh!

I'ma in my happy place . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

There's still next year! Plenty of time to put together the LJW Anonymous Poster Old Farts Swimsuit Calender! All entrants will furnish their own swimwear and grocery bag mask. Mark me down for April, Whitney!!

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

autie . . we've met. You know I'm not either. If the LJW would do it as a fund raiser this old goat would challenge all the ots crowd to calendar up! What say JK?

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Okay nix that. Mrs Roe says not in her lifetime.

Blessed4x 3 years, 6 months ago

The last time we went there the entire family came down with Cryptosporidiosis. No thank you! That is an absolute nightmare. Never again.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Somestimes when you test the water you get yer kay. . canoe tipped over. Rock on oh goddess of the ots!!

yourworstnightmare 3 years, 6 months ago

I drop the kids off at the pool at least once a day.