Previous   Next

What is the most important tool to have when grilling?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“The spatula.”

“A good set of tongs. I think I use that the most.”

“I don’t grill but I sit there with a beer in hand.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

That gray matter between your ears. You know you can't eat all that squash you planted. And the neighbors are sick of it too.

Oh, and this . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Helps if the back is strong. The little woman's that is. Somebody has to pull weeds while you're out fishing or golfing.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Few years ago I got one of these . . .

for the wife on her birthday. She reminds me often how appreciative she is for my thoughtfulness.

Ron Holzwarth 4 years, 2 months ago

A Fire Extinguisher!

At least one somewhere in your home that you will be able to find in a hurry.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Speaking of squash . . . I had no idea how prolific okra is. Y'all get prepared to find a bag or two set by your back screen door.

That's if I can get the Mrs to stop running the tiller across the rows instead of between them. She just don't seem to respect all the hard work I did finding all the seeds and plants for the garden.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

So okay back to grilling, seem I got sidetracked. Briquets! And plenty of 'em! And a telephone, you never know when you might need to call 9-11 when the little woman is out there grillin'. Next to the garden.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Jeez, I gotta get back to sleep . . . .

George_Braziller 4 years, 2 months ago

You're awake? The rambling comments made me think that you were just typing in a half dream state.

trinity 4 years, 2 months ago

a grill. oh-and i'm a wood pellet griller/smoker. loves it.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

A baseball bat to stun your halibut before you drag it into the boat.

riverdrifter 4 years, 2 months ago

A grill that'll get hot enough. I've had too many roasted steaks. Sear, baby, sear.

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

A penis( and what a fine tool it is)!!!!!

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Obviously nobody figured out I read the article on gardening first then misread the ots question. Either that or you're being kind to the old guy with dementia. Or else you're being kind. Nah, I don't see that happening . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Yeah. . uh, Zen. Yup, that's my story and I'm gonna stick to it. Deep. Far out.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Was just informed I don't have dementia, but am somewhat demented . . . I think she is just being kind . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Propane outdoors beats any indoor cooking Briquets beats propane wood fire in a hand dug pit beats anything

bring

mustard

but only for the hotdogs

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

whew! All this talk bout charcoal/wood/propane so I gots inspired and went out an burnt the brush pile. Holy Heyhoose! Three years of brush accumulatin' gets a bunch of gigawatts of heat radiatin' forth. The whole front of me looks like I been layin' sunnyside up at the beach all day! Seems there's gonna be a doin's next Sunday round here and the Mrs don't want no messes in the yard while all the cuzins is here. Happy Fathers Day to you too autie.

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

She's probably right cus they would probably have set them on fire themselves along with everything else.

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

Autie print some pics off of this site and leave them lay around. Hint, probably should pick the ones without the girls in them. http://www.milehidistilling.com/Alcohol_reflux_still_moonshine_pot_distillers_s/2.htm

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

A tie? Hell, unless the suit and tie I wore to the wedding gets lost or burned or a tornady blows it away I only need it one more time so's I look passable in the pine box. I been knowed to attend church services in the same camo the deer stand sees me in. A man gots to have his priorities. If they just pick up one of them DQ ice cream cakes I'll be happy as a possum eatin' the dog's food. I got so much stuff now I don't have time for all of it

gphawk89 4 years, 2 months ago

Fire extinguisher. My wife recently melted and blackened a pretty good section of vinyl siding by using the propane grill backed up right against the house. No actual house fire, but it probably came pretty close

And always keep a spare tank of propane. It's awfully hard to tell when you're about to run out, and it always happens at the most inopportune time (as in when you have guests over).

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

Hubby says there is a haze out there today that he was wondering if it was from the Arizona fires or did the LJW inspire everyone to kick up their smokers?

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

You'll have to wait for the pictures . . .

Tony Kisner 4 years, 2 months ago

My Brother-in-Law. He is a tool but he is family.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 2 months ago

My husband, he is the grill master in our house!