Previous   Next

What was the last thing you donated?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“Money to the Children’s Miracle Network.”

“$10 to Save the Children downtown a week ago.”

“My time. I volunteer at the Lawrence Community Shelter.”

“I donated to my church during Lent.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Too personal, don't discuss my gifting.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

'Course there was that chunk of flesh the neighbors dog took out of my left calf last October. Cain't talkboutit.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I have a three hour block of time set aside for this morning to make biscuits and gravy for a local group. Y'all come up, free will offering, gravy made from scratch (my old daddy's recipe from his Army days), biscuits from a can but damn good.(can I say damn in church?), bacon, OJ, scrambled eggs with cheese. My blood sugar will probably hit 300, arteries will temporarily plug and BP will go through the roof, but what the hell, you only live once.(can I say hell in church?) If a man could choose how he goes to the hereafter, going with a belly full of biscuits and gravy would be close to the top of the list. See ya in the kitchen!

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Verbose; –adjective characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy: "a verbose report."

Use verbose in a Sentence; "You seem like a good man, a bit verbose, but a good man." Henry Fonda, On Golden Pond

Origin: 1665–75; < Latin verbōsus, equivalent to verb ( um ) word + -ōsus -ose

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

I'll probably be elsewhere when my new best friend shows up this morning. Y'all give he/sh/it a big howdy for me.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

It's a line from a movie but can't remember which one without googling it. Anyone?

LadyJ 3 years, 6 months ago

Darn, like Roe, I will be busy this morning. But I know somebody is going to say it.....

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

donating with glazed & chocolate - 'preciate the suggestion, autie. Saturday is off to a sweet start. A Princess Fund is well worth it.

labmonkey 3 years, 6 months ago

When I was at Hy-Vee last week, there was some kind of Children's Cancer thing set up like a lemonade stand. I put $5 in the bowl thinking I was getting some good, home-made type lemonade. To my disappointment, I got to choose from a variety of cans of SunKist.

kernal 3 years, 6 months ago

I suspect Liberals and Moderates are about equal in monetary donations and volunteer time, but it's been my experience that Conservatives are apt to donate money rather than volunteer time.

tomatogrower 3 years, 6 months ago

$50 dollars for our neighbor's Relay for Life team. Cure cancer!

Bob Forer 3 years, 6 months ago

Everyday I donate my insight and wisdom to the mass of idiots that populate this planet.

whats_going_on 3 years, 6 months ago

clothes and my time and money to go down to Joplin and help out.

schula 3 years, 6 months ago

A TV and some dishes to the Humane Society Garage sale; later I will donate to my niece's Relay for Life Team.