Previous   Next

What was the last thing you donated?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“Money to the Children’s Miracle Network.”

“$10 to Save the Children downtown a week ago.”

“My time. I volunteer at the Lawrence Community Shelter.”

“I donated to my church during Lent.”

Comments

schula 2 years, 10 months ago

A TV and some dishes to the Humane Society Garage sale; later I will donate to my niece's Relay for Life Team.

whats_going_on 2 years, 10 months ago

clothes and my time and money to go down to Joplin and help out.

prospector 2 years, 10 months ago

Ferd_Burfull (anonymous) says…

Whoa! That must be some kinda record! Two of my humble posts deleted by the LJW in one day! Whoa!

Humble Moonbats? No where near a record.

Bob Forer 2 years, 10 months ago

Everyday I donate my insight and wisdom to the mass of idiots that populate this planet.

Ferd_Burfull 2 years, 10 months ago

Ferd_Burfull 2 years, 10 months ago

tomatogrower 2 years, 10 months ago

$50 dollars for our neighbor's Relay for Life team. Cure cancer!

kernal 2 years, 10 months ago

I suspect Liberals and Moderates are about equal in monetary donations and volunteer time, but it's been my experience that Conservatives are apt to donate money rather than volunteer time.

labmonkey 2 years, 10 months ago

When I was at Hy-Vee last week, there was some kind of Children's Cancer thing set up like a lemonade stand. I put $5 in the bowl thinking I was getting some good, home-made type lemonade. To my disappointment, I got to choose from a variety of cans of SunKist.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 10 months ago

This is the thing. Life is about helping your fellow man when they need some help. Voluntarily helping.
These so called liberals, social liberals, not classical liberals, but people who have polluted and convoluted the idea with their own selfishness, whining and bitching about how the Government, by force, should help those that are less fortunate by taxing and then by in-efficient means distributing this "help", and by their own admission, not taking the personal responsibility of directly helping others less fortunate, yet complain when in current government short falls, the government makes cuts in programs that should be privately, and voluntarily funded.

Some people.

Gandalf 2 years, 10 months ago

Blood. Many people are part me.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

donating with glazed & chocolate - 'preciate the suggestion, autie. Saturday is off to a sweet start. A Princess Fund is well worth it.

g_rock 2 years, 10 months ago

I'm donating my patience to my co-workers as we speak/type....

Liberty_One 2 years, 10 months ago

$5 to a lady in the parking lot at Target who told me she needed gas money. I knew she was telling the truth because of how uncomfortable it made her to ask. People who are scamming you act like you owe them money.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 10 months ago

Wednesday a gallon or so of gas to someone that had run out. Thursday, 45 minutes to some woman and 2 young kids in a minivan. It would have probably cost me $20, but the tire shop guy donated the used tire he mounted on the rim I took off her minivan and reinstalled on her vehicle. People, a spare tires is cheap insurance. Oh, and have a jack also.

prospector 2 years, 10 months ago

"Moonbat"

Kevin? Is that you? You be sooooooo funny.

prospector 2 years, 10 months ago

Cash

Next, I still want me some Relay for Life brownies. How big a donation is needed for a batch?

autie 2 years, 10 months ago

Last time I donated it was a glazed and one chocolate covered....so good.

The Princess Tuition Fund takes up all extra donuts.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 10 months ago

The French can't even take of their sex toys....

"The Court of Justice in Luxembourg, the European Union’s highest court, ruled June 9th 2011 that France had failed to protect the European hamster. The court said that if France does not adjust its agricultural and urbanization policies sufficiently to protect it, the government will be subject to fines of as much as $24.6 million."

LadyJ 2 years, 10 months ago

Darn, like Roe, I will be busy this morning. But I know somebody is going to say it.....

milkman_dan 2 years, 10 months ago

It was a trophy donation of sorts.

funny thing about corn...

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

I'll probably be elsewhere when my new best friend shows up this morning. Y'all give he/sh/it a big howdy for me.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 10 months ago

"Too personal, don't discuss my gifting." Same for me. But you're responsible for clean up.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Verbose; –adjective characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy: "a verbose report."

Use verbose in a Sentence; "You seem like a good man, a bit verbose, but a good man." Henry Fonda, On Golden Pond

Origin: 1665–75; < Latin verbōsus, equivalent to verb ( um ) word + -ōsus -ose

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

I have a three hour block of time set aside for this morning to make biscuits and gravy for a local group. Y'all come up, free will offering, gravy made from scratch (my old daddy's recipe from his Army days), biscuits from a can but damn good.(can I say damn in church?), bacon, OJ, scrambled eggs with cheese. My blood sugar will probably hit 300, arteries will temporarily plug and BP will go through the roof, but what the hell, you only live once.(can I say hell in church?) If a man could choose how he goes to the hereafter, going with a belly full of biscuits and gravy would be close to the top of the list. See ya in the kitchen!

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

'Course there was that chunk of flesh the neighbors dog took out of my left calf last October. Cain't talkboutit.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Too personal, don't discuss my gifting.

hitme 2 years, 10 months ago

For once "none", by the usual first poster would have been believable.

Cash.