Previous   Next

What is your favorite summertime drink?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 9, 2011

Browse the archives

“Lemonade, the original.”

“Water is good for you, but I’ll have to go with coke.”

“Sweet tea. ”

“Water. It’s refreshing, and I’m boring.”

Comments

riverdrifter 4 years, 2 months ago

Tapwater on tapwater, luke warm. Indulge yourself, dude.

riverdrifter 4 years, 2 months ago

Never had the "none" before. That sounds like a deadbeat's drink. Mine is the gin & tonic: tall gin glass loaded with ice:, squeeze lime wedge over ice to let freeze. 1 oz. Gordon's or other fine gin, frozen. Top off glass with chilled Canada Dry tonic water. Garnish with lime wedge.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Water is good. As long as it has been frozen and mixed in as part of a margarita..

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

I have drank (drunk? drinked?) enough diet Dr Pepper to float the USS Jimmy Carter. Not bad considering it is a Seawolf Class Submarine.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Four of your last ten comments have been directed at me fluxie. You gonna be my new best friend? Enjoy the ride . . .

;-)

bevy 4 years, 2 months ago

Roe, the proper expression is "I have drunk" just so ya know.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Never stand in the Kaw above knee level, even when getting a refreshing sip of downstream Topeka/Manhattan. Rumor is the Candirus has been introduced from eggs off the bottom of kayaks.

LadyJ 4 years, 2 months ago

I wish someone would make a diet Icee (or other similar frozen drink). There used to be a gas station in Olathe that I could get them at when the AC in the car didn't work. Know how kids like to blow bubbles with a straw in their drink? My kid did that with an Icee, what a mess. I looked the same as a volcano erupting.

ejc349 4 years, 2 months ago

Drink water, pee clear. Best advise you'll ever get.

rockchalker52 4 years, 2 months ago

Ice water makes me feel the healthiest. Ice cold beer makes me feel the best. Flux should drink more of sumthin', sounds a little constipated.

ToteAlongShaker 4 years, 2 months ago

hummmm .... i've never heard of that! good thing it's going to be hot tomorrow! i'll give it a try!

Scott Morgan 4 years, 2 months ago

A good well made sun tea iced to the point of being ridiculous. Alcoholic drink would be a well made Bloody Mary.

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

A White Russian using Cambodian breast milk. Nothing comes close

riverdrifter 4 years, 2 months ago

Sun tea made with black tea. Got a gallon brewing now. Also, caipirinhas made with Leblon cane rum. Downside: Leblon is high $$. http://lebloncachaca.com/welcome/

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

I wish that the goverment could force science to create a diet water or at least some water that is low in calories and fat

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

One of the first drinking parties I went to was in '66. What ever you brought in was poured into the punch bowl. We called it mutha hunch punch. My stomach still lurches involuntarily when I thinkboutit.

roadwarrior 4 years, 2 months ago

cold champagne and cold orange juice.......mimosa !

countrygirl 4 years, 2 months ago

Salty Dog. Grapefruit juice, gin and salt. Tastes best when you have so much salt in it that it freezes to the carpet if you set it on the floor.

Richard Payton 4 years, 2 months ago

Has anyone drank any of that smart water? Should I drive a smart car and drink smart water?

salem58 4 years, 2 months ago

why dont you make like a tree, and get out of here.

bevy 4 years, 2 months ago

Ice cold iced tea with a touch of sweetener. (Not sugar, unfortunately. Not anymore.) I start every morning, winter and summer, with a 52 oz-er from my local Casey's. At home, it's boiling water brewed black tea. Yummy!

Sarah St. John 4 years, 2 months ago

Water, cool but not freezing cold.

Sun Tea.

A Cold One. (Because a One that is not Cold is scarcely a One at all.)

And I love me a cherry limeade from Sonic.